Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+9
Heroine
ROCKDAWG
DoctorZ
wadahoot
Percy
ziggy
claudicici
dangrsmind
piXy
13 posters

ICP defending horrorcore on abc

piXy
    piXy

ICP defending horrorcore on abc Empty ICP defending horrorcore on abc

Post by piXy Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This interview is priceless!!!!! Make sure to watch the video
    *discuss*
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

ICP defending horrorcore on abc Empty Re: ICP defending horrorcore on abc

Post by dangrsmind Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:01 am

I think they need to hire someone to give them some advice on this....

They made their point at the end of the interview, but not in language that will be understood by th emajority of the people they need to reach on the subject. IMO.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:33 am

...the comments about the video make a better statement than ICP did...
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:48 pm

I can't believe these guys make millions off the backs of "kids who work at Taco Bell" (as the fat bastard describes a typical fan).

And he thinks he lyrics are "dope". I laughed OUT LOUD when he was called out on the lack of intelligence in that by Bashir. OMG. Sad, pathetic and funny all at the same time....like watching Bad Santa.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Well ya know, us juggalos aren't very intelligent.
    ...Or so they say ICP defending horrorcore on abc Icon_neutral
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:26 pm

ScaryMary wrote:Well ya know, us juggalos aren't very intelligent.
    I see what Ziggy is saying but I also know exactly what you mean at the same time. They did come off a little less intelligent than they could have given that this was a great opportunity for them to get some good press, on the other hand I dont think its right to assume just because they look and act stupid that they are stupid, its part of the act and its probably more stupid to assume they are all stupid just because they act stupid.

Bottom line is Voilent J and Shaggy 2 dope, even though I am not a fan, developed a business model that was unprecedented, they did it themselves and they made a shit ton of money doing it. So they cant be all that dumb, really.

I think there are some really dumb juggalos out there and probably really smart ones too but like anything else most of them probably fall somewhere in between.
    wadahoot
    wadahoot

Post by wadahoot Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Individuals are dumb - this is not based on their musical preferences.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:34 pm

The ICP guys certainly aren't dumb. They are making millions a year and having fun doing it. Not too many people can claim this...

As far as their fans, I think we can safely say that there is a very large range between the smartest person that calls themselves a juggalo and the dumbest.

piXy
    piXy

Post by piXy Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:44 pm

dangrsmind wrote:The ICP guys certainly aren't dumb. They are making millions a year and having fun doing it. Not too many people can claim this...

As far as their fans, I think we can safely say that there is a very large range between the smartest person that calls themselves a juggalo and the dumbest.

I love that video! i wish there was a Juggalo News network! LOL
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:39 pm

I thought it was pretty well done. I liked it. I won't be surprised to learn that the ICP guys actually do get into politics and start the Psychocratic Party.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:11 pm

ICP defending horrorcore on abc 130642 lol,the juggalo newscast is priceless...
    ...but I think the point is it's this world that is insane and full of clowns but if someone actually puts on clown make up and points that out and does so in an entertaining way they're being called "dumb"? ICP defending horrorcore on abc 418352
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:17 pm

I think they are intelligent enough but they dissed their fans imo for acting more stupid than they obviously are and for putting them in the minimum wage teenager catagory. They knew the interview was with ABC, and they know how to defend themselves and act more appropriate. Why would they paint themselves in that bad light? (pardon the pun)

I think they believe more in money than in juggalos though.
    DoctorZ

Post by DoctorZ Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:44 pm

I think the Taco Bell comment was a decent statement with a bad example. One of my favorite musicians, Hank Williams III, has had issues with is label and venues about his refusal to play anywhere that charges too much for tickets. He will put on a 3 hour show for your $25 ticket, not including the opening act. He might have a pretty bad mouth, like them, but he wouldn't use a minimum wage job as a generalization. He just says he wants to give the fans the show they deserve for their hard earned money.

Last edited by DoctorZ on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : different word choice)
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:33 pm

From the comments on the ABC Interview:

First, I confess to being an ICP fan. I'm college educated, have a good job and have absolutely zero violent history. I’m probably not the type you would expect to believe listens to ICP. You probably also would think it’s not possible, but ICP does have a message to their lyrics if you read between the lines.

I definitely understand why people who have violent tendencies would listen to this music and be drawn to it. Come on, violence talking about buckshot to your head and hunting knifes to the throat, then the very next song, something funny with twisted humor, like on low-riding tractors or zombies dancing on tomb-stones. Not everybody gets why it’s funny and frankly ICP doesn’t care if everybody gets it. Also, ICP ask their fans to stand together as one in their lyrics. These so called Juggalos that kill and hurt other people because of their race, money or hate, are the type of people ICP are fighting against. The violent people who wear ICP t-shirts don’t represent what ICP ask Juggalos to represent.

When listening to ICP’s songs, most people just hear a bunch of cussing and references to sexual organs or violence, and turn it off. What I hear though is different. In ICPs latest album they talk about dealing with topic like loneliness and depression and stopping racism, pedophiles and bigotry. Who’s going to say those are not things we should be encouraging people to fight against? They just go about it differently than those in the social norm because there are a lot of people out there who are not in the social norm. These people deserve to be connected to someone too. Also, the violence in these songs are not directed at innocent bystanders but those who are committing these heinous crimes against fellow man.

The people being rape in the songs are the victims that ICP stands to protect. The people being killed in these songs are those committing the acts of rape, racism and bigotry. The album ends with a song called Miracles, where ICP talks about the good things in life like having children, the power of nature and the beauty of life itself.

Just because you don’t get it, doesn’t mean there’s nothing to be got.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:01 pm

ICP defending horrorcore on abc 177492
    ROCKDAWG
    ROCKDAWG

Post by ROCKDAWG Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Hell , I liked the interview ! Violent J would probably make a good neighbor ( aside from the loud music ) .
    Really , no joke. I wouldnt want that ass , Bashir , as a nieghbor though.................
    piXy
    piXy

Post by piXy Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:07 pm

I liked the interview in all honesty.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:16 pm

ICP disses SKR on ABC:

The crimes are mounting. Horrorcore rapper Sam McCroskey, also known as "Syko Sam," was charged last October with the brutal murder of his girlfriend and three others in Farmville, Va.

"There are Horrorcore rap artists out there that have no boundaries to what they say," Violent J said. "They talk about skinning babies and killing, anything they can possibly think of that horrible and grotesque, they rap about it. But ICP is a little more classy than that."
    ROCKDAWG
    ROCKDAWG

Post by ROCKDAWG Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:28 pm

dangrsmind wrote:The ICP guys certainly aren't dumb. They are making millions a year and having fun doing it. Not too many people can claim this...

Am I the only one that finds the chick in the video ( Murderbitch ) oddly attractive ? Just wonderin'...................................
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:38 pm

dangrsmind wrote:ICP disses SKR on ABC:

The crimes are mounting. Horrorcore rapper Sam McCroskey, also known as "Syko Sam," was charged last October with the brutal murder of his girlfriend and three others in Farmville, Va.

"There are Horrorcore rap artists out there that have no boundaries to what they say," Violent J said. "They talk about skinning babies and killing, anything they can possibly think of that horrible and grotesque, they rap about it. But ICP is a little more classy than that."

ICP defending horrorcore on abc 130642 ICP defending horrorcore on abc 130642
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:39 pm

ROCKDAWG wrote:Hell , I liked the interview ! Violent J would probably make a good neighbor ( aside from the loud music ) .
    Really , no joke. I wouldnt want that ass , Bashir , as a nieghbor though.................

I would agree, I would rather hang out with Violent J than than little busy body Bashir but I never liked him anyway...
    wadahoot
    wadahoot

Post by wadahoot Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:48 pm

The gal in the video is introduced as being from Cave-In-Rock, Illinois. That's near where I grew up and is cool! It's on the Ohio and is just that, a giant cave in the bluff formation (with a little river town built up around it).
    It is well known as a pirate cave
    and is a real slice of Americana.
    But ... get this ... it has been the location of an annual Juggalo festival since 2007!!! I just TOTALLY can't imagine what the locals think of this; we are talking extremely rural farming/coal-mining/river people. Unreal.
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Sure some are intelligent. Your music preference doesn't make you smart or stupid. I really hate labeling people and basing who they are on labels. People say models aren't very smart either, but I like to think I'm pretty damn intelligent and Scarymary, you should never really care what people think or say about your/juggalos (if thats what you think of yourself as) intelligence, you know who you are and what you know, it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks or says.
    I think you're pretty smart if you ask me, and with eyes like yours who needs intelligence right?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Heroine wrote:
    Sure some are intelligent. Your music preference doesn't make you smart or stupid. I really hate labeling people and basing who they are on labels. People say models aren't very smart either, but I like to think I'm pretty damn intelligent and Scarymary, you should never really care what people think or say about your/juggalos (if thats what you think of yourself as) intelligence, you know who you are and what you know, it doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks or says.
    I think you're pretty smart if you ask me, and with eyes like yours who needs intelligence right?

Well, looking back on it I think that post might have came across as a bit...emo (for lack of a better word)...because of the smiley choice I used. I didn't mean for it to come across that way. I was just trying to say that even though many people get the idea that all of us juggalos lack intelligence, obviously it varies just as it does with any other group. The same as when people try to classify all of us into the 'dangerous, violent, murderous' category. I'm pretty sure the ratio of juggalo murderers to non-juggalo murderers is about the same when you compare how many juggalos there are to the entire population in the world.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:14 pm

For those who are interested in watching the full 30min uncut version of the interview:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm