Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+2
Kay
ziggy
6 posters

It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT

ziggy
    ziggy

It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT Empty It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT

Post by ziggy Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:33 pm

Yes, this is a shameless plug for well wishes and encouragement. I have my criminal law final TOMORROW - gulp. Today my car had to be towed to the shop (again, fricking Saab) and will cost a dandy $740 to bail out for an alternator and tensioner.

It seems I am always being tested in life with obstacles - the obstacle course in the life of ziggy is a constant series of navigations, never ceasing. So I guess I'll just be really tough in the end huh? After I throw my temper tantrums and pity parties I manage to keep moving on.

So, I've been studying very hard for crime and it's my favorite. After tomorrow night it's onto Contracts and Torts woo hoo. I am so far behind in those it's not funny, but I will buckle down and get there.

I just have to pass - I just have to pass...I just need a 70...I can do it.

I'm feeling fairly confident with crime but I'm going to keep studying tonight and tomorrow right up until test time.

Trust me when this is done I will be celebrating this milestone. It took a lot just to get this far - LSATS, Intro. classes with finals and midterms not to mention about 17 grand so far. FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION.

GO ME! It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT 418352
    Kay
    Kay

It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT Empty Re: It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT

Post by Kay Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:56 pm

Good luck with your finals, Ziggy. I have a feeling you don't need it though. Study hard and do well!! It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT 316827
    claudicici
    claudicici

It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT Empty Re: It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT

Post by claudicici Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:09 am

It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT 263561 you're gonna rock them finals zig !
    bobskat
    bobskat

Post by bobskat Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:50 pm

It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT 316827

You'll be fine
    smartie74
    smartie74

Post by smartie74 Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Good luck Ziggy! You got 'dis!
    Kay
    Kay

Post by Kay Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:33 pm

So, how did it go last week Ziggy? Do you think you did well?
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:27 pm

It was horrible! The only consolation was that my entire class felt the same way. We all looked sick when we left and realized afterward that there were about 18 issues in the first essay and about 21 in the second which is impossible to do in an hour each. Our professor went off the deep end with a crazy, crazy fact pattern and 8 defendants in the second one with two attempted murders, a homicide, two arsons, and both insanity and intoxication defenses as well as two conspiracies plus a slew of attempts, batteries, etc. That fucking bitch is all I have to say. She consantly claims that she would never try to trick us in an exam, just making sure we know all the rules and then she does exactly that by putting in the ONE possible scenario for a felony murder rule in a conspiracy that we never talked about and mucked it all up with a cop who tries to frame a kid and all kinds of stuff she told us we don't need to know. We all hope that our midterm grades will help us - shit, we are the smart kids and we all felt like we did poorly.

Seriously, I almost just said fuck it. I quit. I have Contracts final tomorrow night and Torts Thursday. I am doing my best to put it behind me but I still can't help be upset.

But thanks for askin!!! lol

Kay
    Kay

Post by Kay Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:55 pm

ziggy wrote:It was horrible! The only consolation was that my entire class felt the same way. We all looked sick when we left and realized afterward that there were about 18 issues in the first essay and about 21 in the second which is impossible to do in an hour each. Our professor went off the deep end with a crazy, crazy fact pattern and 8 defendants in the second one with two attempted murders, a homicide, two arsons, and both insanity and intoxication defenses as well as two conspiracies plus a slew of attempts, batteries, etc. That fucking bitch is all I have to say. She consantly claims that she would never try to trick us in an exam, just making sure we know all the rules and then she does exactly that by putting in the ONE possible scenario for a felony murder rule in a conspiracy that we never talked about and mucked it all up with a cop who tries to frame a kid and all kinds of stuff she told us we don't need to know. We all hope that our midterm grades will help us - shit, we are the smart kids and we all felt like we did poorly.

Seriously, I almost just said fuck it. I quit. I have Contracts final tomorrow night and Torts Thursday. I am doing my best to put it behind me but I still can't help be upset.

I think this is a typical reaction after a humdinger of a final exam. Our paralegal finals were the same, to a much less extent. One question and it took four hours to answer it. I'd always leave knowing I had failed, and then find out I made an "A." I have a feeling you'll find out the same!

Good luck next week. It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT Herz
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:31 am

Well another fine experience in law school ACK! Our Contracts prof told us we don't need to know the exact numbers of the UCC sections (I have it in a recording of his lectures!) as long as we know the concepts of them and then freaking puts the damn numbers in the answers for multiple choice. Our asses are quite chapped at the moment. The essay questions were like WTF? The first one seemed too easy, like I had 20 minutes left and I poured over that sucker looking for more issues - literally wrote down everything I could think of that we covered all year and nothing to apply. So I went on to the next one early and it was about late payments on a mortgage, an oral modification and a foreclosure with all sorts of crap they did in reliance on a verbal from the loan officer. I basically wrote about every possible issue in a rambling fashion and threw everything including the kitchen sink in just in case I was hitting issues but seriously????Our whole freaking second semester was on conditions and third party rights so I was ready to kick ass on that stuff. The whole experience is a mind fuck. One more to go...please God let the torts exam make some sense.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:36 pm

ziggy wrote:It was horrible! The only consolation was that my entire class felt the same way. We all looked sick when we left and realized afterward that there were about 18 issues in the first essay and about 21 in the second which is impossible to do in an hour each. Our professor went off the deep end with a crazy, crazy fact pattern and 8 defendants in the second one with two attempted murders, a homicide, two arsons, and both insanity and intoxication defenses as well as two conspiracies plus a slew of attempts, batteries, etc. That fucking bitch is all I have to say. She consantly claims that she would never try to trick us in an exam, just making sure we know all the rules and then she does exactly that by putting in the ONE possible scenario for a felony murder rule in a conspiracy that we never talked about and mucked it all up with a cop who tries to frame a kid and all kinds of stuff she told us we don't need to know. We all hope that our midterm grades will help us - shit, we are the smart kids and we all felt like we did poorly.

I bet you did well Ziggy, The bar exam will be about 100 times harder than those finals. Prepare yourself!
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Wed May 26, 2010 9:57 pm

HERE YE, HERE YE - I GOT MY GRADES TODAY!!!

I did WAY the heck better than I imagined: Criminal 78 same as midterm; Contracts 76 (slipped 5 points from midterm); Torts 85! (slipped 3 points from midterm). Until I find out what miss smartie pants number 2 whose name is Maren did, I think I am presently the high scorer in our class.

And here's the weird thing: I thought Contracts was going to be my high grade and it was my low. Go fricking figure.

It was a comprehensive final so I knew it was going to be harder than the midterm so I'm happy about not slipping too much...and happy I don't have to re-visit these areas until the California Bar.

You have to keep your cumulative at 70 to avoid having to take the Baby Bar; you are cum laude at 75. After this summer's class I will push my cumulative to over 80 with a very nice cushion for second year which I hear is not fun at all.

I am very pleased. If I had any energy at all I'd be doing a happy dance, but I'm a bit under the weather right now.

But GO FIGHT WIN me!

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 8:49 am

It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT 177492
    Kay
    Kay

Post by Kay Thu May 27, 2010 10:40 am

Congratulations! I knew you did better than you thought you did!!!
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu May 27, 2010 2:31 pm

I know you did Kay! Thanks for the vote of confidence! It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT 316827
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu May 27, 2010 11:00 pm

It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT 263561 It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT 81335
    HOPE YOU"RE FEELING BETTER TOO !
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:45 pm

OK - yesterday the school called with permission to use my essay as a model answer with reference to my tort final and I said of course - and then I asked, out of curiosity, WHICH tort essay I got the model answer on, question 1 or question 2 and to my susrprise she said BOTH!!

That's awesome - my nemisis or should say frienemy, in class, Maren - she got the two Criminal model answers and we don't know who got them in Contracts. I think Maren is a bitch, but it doesn't bother me really, I still study with her because she's bright. That's the great thing about being older - I don't let her catty insecurities bother me at all. She should be gunning for me. The competiton between the two of us makes us each stronger and makes us work harder. Competition breeds success. I love it!

Should I keep her at a slight distance and use her as my competitive bait? Or, should we join forces, study together and work our competition in a closer relationship? Help me strategize this one out, because I know with my sales and people skills I can get her to do whatever I want...(I know that sounds terrible but it's true).

Funny thing is she really loves Torts and I really love Criminal and we did better in the one we loved 2nd.

Perhaps I will be a civil litigator after all. Hm.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:02 pm

ziggy wrote:OK - yesterday the school called with permission to use my essay as a model answer with reference to my tort final and I said of course - and then I asked, out of curiosity, WHICH tort essay I got the model answer on, question 1 or question 2 and to my susrprise she said BOTH!!

That's awesome - my nemisis or should say frienemy, in class, Maren - she got the two Criminal model answers and we don't know who got them in Contracts. I think Maren is a bitch, but it doesn't bother me really, I still study with her because she's bright. That's the great thing about being older - I don't let her catty insecurities bother me at all. She should be gunning for me. The competiton between the two of us makes us each stronger and makes us work harder. Competition breeds success. I love it!

Should I keep her at a slight distance and use her as my competitive bait? Or, should we join forces, study together and work our competition in a closer relationship? Help me strategize this one out, because I know with my sales and people skills I can get her to do whatever I want...(I know that sounds terrible but it's true).

Funny thing is she really loves Torts and I really love Criminal and we did better in the one we loved 2nd.

Perhaps I will be a civil litigator after all. Hm.
    Maybe she is a poster on a forum somewhere and is contemplating strategic moves against her rival Ziggy. It's Finals Week and I'm Freaking OUT Icon_wink
    I say join forces with her. There can be a shortage of really smart people out there. If you can find one to work with even if you don't agree with her on everything it is probably a positive.
    You could be a great civil litigator. There are lots of good cases out there. Wrongs need to be righted. I'd trust you to represent me.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:21 am

Hey Hey Hey - I have a final Wednesday in Criminal Procedure. This class has been VERY interesting and fun. The final is two essays and no MBE's (multiple choice) which is awesome because those will kill you; they are hella hard.

Our tests are actually harder than the bar exams. We've pulled several bar questions and there are far less issues. That must by why my school has such a high bar pass rate because they kick our asses.

Anyway - wish me luck again. I always feel under prepared and no different on this one...a new professor, new issues and a new way to construct an essay in order to discuss all evidence and all Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Amendment issues coherently and correctly. A good score here will push my cumulative up into a sold B level!!! woo hoo! It's like 1:30 a.m. and I'm totally burnt. Good night and I will let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed Smile

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:25 am

Good luck. I predict you will be brilliant.
    It is 3 hours later and you are still logged on. Go to bed.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:03 pm

THANKS! Oh, I just forget to log out. I went to bed at about 2 a.m. Thought I'd sleep in today but it's 9 and I can't sleep anymore. Onward with a day of studying all dang day! Coffee please.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:29 am

Another test down and now I start studying for my 2nd year classes EVIDENCE (can't wait) and Civil Procedure. I'm only taking two classes because it's all I can afford right now. I'm skipping Real Property (oh darn so stimulating).

The Final was probably not my best work but the test was really fair and reasonable although packed as hell with issues and opportunities to cite cases which I didn't do enough of but seeing as I had food poisoning the day before; I think I at least passed.

3 more people from my class are dropping out for various reasons. I'm still hanging in!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am