Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+12
Heroine
TiffaniLane
tapu
bandersnatch45
blouAngel
claudicici
Mags
dangrsmind
ericclimbs
ziggy
wadahoot
Percy
16 posters

Advice on men

Percy
    Percy

Advice on men Empty Advice on men

Post by Percy Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:57 pm

Just for balance we need this thread too.

I will start.

When you ask a man to listen its not easy for him, he wants to fix things, it is his nature and it is the main reason his female partner cant understand why he is wholly unable to just sit and listen to her problems. She doesnt want your solutions, she just wants you to listen, but this isnt easy for most men, we immediately want to fix everything and make it right so we can get on with things.

Also, men don't like to talk about our feelings to women because when we do, it gets us in trouble!

And women remember everything we've ever said, verbatim, even long after we've forgotten saying it. AND it will be used against us, years and years later, even when the conditions which provoked us to say said things in the first place have completely changed. So we sometimes tend to be a little quiet about certain things.

Last edited by Paximus on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
    wadahoot
    wadahoot

Advice on men Empty Re: Advice on men

Post by wadahoot Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:43 am

Paximus wrote:And women remember everything we've ever said, verbatim, even long after we've forgotten saying it. AND it will be used against us, years and years later, even when the conditions which provoked us to say said things in the first place have completely changed. So we sometimes tend to be a little quiet about certain things.

Well ... yea ... what's your point tongue
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:36 am

You are exactly right Pax I get it - I get men because I am a lot like them in many respects. I am that way about listening. I'm a problem solver and it's hard to just sit and listen without trying to fix everything. Mr. zig says that drives him crazy, that he just needs me to listen - we are reversed in that area.

However, he doesn't like to talk about his feelings probably because you are so DEAD ON, because I remember literally everything and when I bring it up in a year he's so lost; he's so toast - he can't win. It's so unfair, I'm working on it.

I don't know that I have any great advice about men, only the horribly backwards sounding suggestion that if your man wants sex never turn him down.
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:16 pm

Respectfully snipped:

Paximus wrote:

. . .Also, men don't like to talk about our feelings to women because when we do, it gets us in trouble!

And women remember everything we've ever said, verbatim,

Unless the woman is a Narcissist. I worked for a woman who will make up just about anything as long as she doesn't have to admit she's wrong about anything. She'll put words in your mouth, tell you things you said that you never said. And then, if it suits her, she tell you things that she told you that she never told you. So everything that went wrong, or was "miscommunicated," is always your fault.

It's maddening. Advice on men S035 I finally looked up Narcissistic Personality Disorder one day and it blew me away how much she could be the poster child for that condition.

Of course I'm sure a narcissistic male would act the same way.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Also men can only see 7 colors
    We don’t know the difference between bone white, eggshell white or ivory and we don’t care
    Forest Green is green and and Royal Blue is just blue

We only own 6 pairs of shoes and two are athletic and one is sandles

Oh and we can go shopping buy 5 pairs of paints, 6 shirts, sox, underware have lunch and be home in 45 minutes
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:48 pm

dabobkat wrote:Also men can only see 7 colors
    We don’t know the difference between bone white, eggshell white or ivory and we don’t care

Oh and we can go shopping buy 5 pairs of paints, 6 shirts, sox, underware have lunch and be home in 45 minutes

Dude, I have six pairs of Pumas suedes...and if I could get my company going so that it could pay me I'd buy more too.

See http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm

Only men like you. My ex has a wardrobe to rival anyone named Pierre or Calvin.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Ha ha - I do love that most men don't have a clue what color ecru or celedon is Smile

I shop like a man...I hunt - get in, get out, bitch about all the people and very impatiently stand in line. I hate shopping. I do like owning a lot of shoes though, so it's a challenge.

I love men's men. I love politically incorrect men - kind of old school guys who are into sports, cigars, and appreciating women as completely different beings.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Mags wrote:

Only men like you. My ex has a wardrobe to rival anyone named Pierre or Calvin.

Ah now that's the Mags I've come to know and love :hug:
    (we need a kiss or a hug smilie)
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:23 pm

ziggy wrote:Ha ha - I do love that most men don't have a clue what color ecru or celedon is Smile

I shop like a man...I hunt - get in, get out, bitch about all the people and very impatiently stand in line. I hate shopping. I do like owning a lot of shoes though, so it's a challenge.

I love men's men. I love politically incorrect men - kind of old school guys who are into sports, cigars, and appreciating women as completely different beings.

We are an extinct species. This is the man my dad was and how I was brought up to be, sometimes I see a mass pussification of America with girly men all around me. I dont think we all need to be Archie Bunker we can settle for Marlon Brando maybe?
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:39 pm

An extinct species indeed! I totally agree about the social castration of men - I'm very sorry for that. No woman really wants Archie Bunker!!!!! and yes, I think men are smart enough to lean towards the Brando side - and I like the smart ones.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:06 pm

ziggy wrote:An extinct species indeed! I totally agree about the social castration of men - I'm very sorry for that. No woman really wants Archie Bunker!!!!! and yes, I think men are smart enough to lean towards the Brando side - and I like the smart ones.

I always loved Brando and I also think Paul Newman was the perfect man's man too.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:24 pm

See I grew up in a babershop, my dad was an ex-Marine who opened his own barbshop after Korea and he was something of a celebrity around town because everyone came to him for a cut and a shave. He actually used straight razors to shave you back then, go ask for that now and they look at you funny. So I would go to work with him everyday and sit there and watch all the guys, many of them mobsters like Joseph Bonanno et. al. come in for a cut and a shave, they would sit around and smoke cigars, read playboy and tell dirty jokes, after he closed down they all came to the shop and played poker until the wee hours of the night then we would go home. Everyone knew and loved my dad, they told him all their problems and he always had advice for them in their time of need. It was a great environment to grow up in and I am glad I was able to see that part of our society before it was all taken away from us by those who basically hate men and everything we stand for. I dont know why things are the way they are today but I dont like what I see. These were not crude men, they were not racist bigots and they knew how to dress and treated their women properly for the most part, but they were men, their roles were defined and they were secure enough with themselves that they werent afraid to be who they were. Today such men are looked down on by most women, they call us insenstive, uncaring, incompassionate etc. Well thats bullshit because I am none of that and niether were the men I grew up with but we were not afrad to do what we knew needed to be done or to get our hands dirty doing it. Most of the men I know today, friends I grew up with etc, they cant do anything for themselves, their wives control them and they have no voice and no balls.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:35 pm

actually, I heard a study somewhere where they actually did find men don't se as many colors as women.

I'll add that they don't hear as well, either, but I'm not sure that's been proven...yet Laughing
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:50 pm

earthenjug wrote:

actually, I heard a study somewhere where they actually did find men don't se as many colors as women.

I'll add that they don't hear as well, either, but I'm not sure that's been proven...yet Laughing

Hint: We can hear fine, we just aren't listening to whatever it is you are talking about that isn't obviously related to food, sex, or beer.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:24 am

Pax I couldn't agree more! A strong woman needs an even stronger man (in my case) and they are darn hard to find. It's tough being a man today, wouldn't wanna be you. It all starts with boys - have you ever hear of the "Dangerous Book for Boys"? Boys are not even allowed to be boys anymore - no fake guns, no kissing girls (sexual harrassment charges in grade school) no duking it out. I know that all has to be tempered but not neutered for gosh sakes!
    I love the story of your Dad's shop...I miss those kind of men. I'm bored with a man who let's me run his life even though Lord knows I try and try Smile
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:10 am

I don't understand the whole gender seperation thing...
    ...guess everyone should just be themselves..
    I don't think I have any "typical" female or "male" traits and I neither dislike or like them in a person..
    I don't see a "pussification" of man anywhere,
    I do like "puscifer" tool's maynard's other band
    I think he says the man's man thing best here

blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:01 am

My earlier post went in to limbo. Maybe it will comeback, but I'll repost anyway.

Not only can I tell the difference between bone, eggshell, white, and even ecru, I can tell by feel the difference between alpaca, lambswool, silk, cashmere, mohair, and at a glance from across the room tell the difference between linen and cotton. I cook too, just don't ask me to bake bread.

I'm also perfectly comfortable with chainsaws, engine hoists, table saws, and as soon as the damn snow goes away, I'm teaching myself both oxy-acetylene and mig welding and finishing up fitting a newer engine, transmission, and driveshaft into the '70 Ford pickup I bought myself a few months ago. The summer is going to be spent hauling rock and timber to build the addition I'm designing for my father in law.

I can only remember 4 pairs of shoes and two different types of boots though.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:26 am

Advice on men ChainsawMassacre

comfortable with a chainsaw
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:27 pm

blouAngel wrote:My earlier post went in to limbo. Maybe it will comeback, but I'll repost anyway.

Not only can I tell the difference between bone, eggshell, white, and even ecru, I can tell by feel the difference between alpaca, lambswool, silk, cashmere, mohair, and at a glance from across the room tell the difference between linen and cotton. I cook too, just don't ask me to bake bread.

I'm also perfectly comfortable with chainsaws, engine hoists, table saws, and as soon as the damn snow goes away, I'm teaching myself both oxy-acetylene and mig welding and finishing up fitting a newer engine, transmission, and driveshaft into the '70 Ford pickup I bought myself a few months ago. The summer is going to be spent hauling rock and timber to build the addition I'm designing for my father in law.

I can only remember 4 pairs of shoes and two different types of boots though.
    Lol we would get along great. I am a shop guy myself, have all the tools, machines etc. Love to build all my own stuff. I wish I could teach you to weld, I would, its great to know how, very handy and one of my fav things to do.

I also have a 72 chevy pickup. I like old classic cars so I can fix them up nice myself. I am rebuilding a 454 right now for fun.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:26 pm

Haven't done much shop stuff anytime recently, but I know my way around a metal or woodshop from back in the day when the powers that be used to think these skills could lead to a vocation of some sort. I never have worked on cars though.

Here in San Francisco shop skills are all in vogue as a result of people working on art for Burning Man. Some of this stuff is crap, but some of it is rather amazing like this fire breathing serpent that some friends of mine built:

Advice on men 237497988

He's also the guy behind this: http://www.powertooldragraces.com/
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:12 pm

claudicici wrote:I don't understand the whole gender seperation thing...
    ...guess everyone should just be themselves..
    I don't think I have any "typical" female or "male" traits and I neither dislike or like them in a person..
    I don't see a "pussification" of man anywhere,
    I do like "puscifer" tool's maynard's other band
    I think he says the man's man thing best here

I am so out of the loop. I did not know Maynard had started another project. I will have to check them out as I really dug that song. I was never a big fan of Perfect Circle even though I did seem them once, in Flagstaff, at a tiny venue literally 4 blocks down from my house (Pax I lived on San Francisco St. just about downtown).

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:41 pm

dangrsmind wrote:

Hint: We can hear fine, we just aren't listening to whatever it is you are talking about that isn't obviously related to food, sex, or beer.

Oh, well...I guess that makes sense. I mean, what else is there? tongue

blouAngel wrote:Not only can I tell the difference between bone, eggshell, white, and even ecru, I can tell by feel the difference between alpaca, lambswool, silk, cashmere, mohair, and at a glance from across the room tell the difference between linen and cotton. I cook too, just don't ask me to bake bread.

I have 2 words for you: bread machine.
    bandersnatch45
    bandersnatch45

Post by bandersnatch45 Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:45 pm

ziggy wrote:

then you and i shall get along well together. Smile
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:37 pm

earthenjug wrote:
    blouAngel wrote:.... I cook too, just don't ask me to bake bread.

I have 2 words for you: bread machine.

I just keep a woman around that likes to bake. There's some bread rising on the kitchen counter right now and it's sitting next to a thawing container of some of the wild blackberries we picked last summer. I'm not sure what they're going to be, but it may be for toping some homemade ice cream.

Last edited by blouAngel on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quote repair)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content