Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+12
Heroine
TiffaniLane
tapu
bandersnatch45
blouAngel
claudicici
Mags
dangrsmind
ericclimbs
ziggy
wadahoot
Percy
16 posters

Advice on men

Advice on men - Page 3 Empty Re: Advice on men

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:07 pm

Paximus wrote:And here I thought you were all a bunch of goody-two-shoes. I even thought Heroine was a good little mormon girl. So much for my fucking perceptions and ability to read people, I am surrounded by a bunch of pot smoking sexual deviants.

(happily I might add)
    TiffaniLane wrote:haha, a whole new reason to marry for a different kind of card Advice on men - Page 3 Icon_smile hahaha

and I also like to refer to myself as a weed-a-seur think you very much! Advice on men - Page 3 Icon_jokercolor
    Advice on men - Page 3 Shultz
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:25 pm

Although I cannot partake anymore, and I am not one who likes alcohol much unless its a single glass of wine with a nice dinner, I think it is completely ridiculous that we spend so much money fighting a war on drugs, I say this as a criminal defense attorney who has defended drunks, druggies and other down and out sorts, it is a medical issue and not a legal issue and IMO if people want to use drugs, just like if they want to drink and smoke, BOTH OF WHICH ARE DRUGS no matter how you try and spin it, that is THEIR CHOICE and the govt should keep its nose out of their business...

Prostitution and drugs should both be legal and we should spend the money we waste fighting those windmills on bringing this country's infrastructure up to modern times. Our roads, electrical grids etc, are terribly outdated and will ultimately be the downfall of this once great nation. China is so far ahead of us in this regard it is not even funny. Yes they are a bunch of commies but they have invested well in infrastructure, I know, I have been there and its night and day compared to America.

Last edited by Paximus on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:27 pm

Paximus wrote:Although I cannot partake anymore, and I am not one who likes alcohol much unless its a single glass of win with a nice dinner, I think it is completely ridiculous that we spend so much money fighting a war on drugs, I say this as a criminal defense attorney who has defended drunks, druggies and other down and out sorts, it is a medical issue and not a legal issue and IMO if people want to use drugs, just like if they want to drink and smoke, BOTH OF WHICH ARE DRUGS no matter how you try and spin it, that is THEIR CHOICE and the govt should keep its nose out of their business...

Prostitution and drugs should both be legal and we should spend the money we waste fighting those windmills on bringing this country's infrastructure up to modern times. Our roads, electrical grids etc, are terribly outdated and will ultimately be the downfall of this once great nation. China is so far ahead of us in this regard it is not even funny. Yes they are a bunch of commies but they have invested well in infrastructure, I know, I have been there and its night and day compared to America.
    I'm not saying anything (YET)
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Paximus wrote:
    ladysig wrote:.....is beginning to think this is not the right forum for me to hang out in.....

*sigh*
    Aw man I dont like the sound of that, can I ask whats bothering you or you can PM me and I will try and make it right if I can. We want you here.
    Meh, Sig is just a prissy little miss goodie two shoes.

(bwahahahahaha.......couldn't keep a straight face, sorry!)

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:34 pm

Paximus wrote:
    ladysig wrote:.....is beginning to think this is not the right forum for me to hang out in.....

*sigh*
    Aw man I dont like the sound of that, can I ask whats bothering you or you can PM me and I will try and make it right if I can. We want you here.

no need for PM's...i'm fairly vocal all over the interwebz for disapproval of smoking pot. i guess it was all those times i had to bail my younger brother out of jail at 3AM that kinda soured me on the whole thing.

y'all have fun, tho...no need for me to be a drag on anybody else.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:35 pm

Mags wrote:
    Paximus wrote:

*sigh*
    Meh, Sig is just a prissy little miss goodie two shoes.

(bwahahahahaha.......couldn't keep a straight face, sorry!)

yup. that's me. as prissy as they come.... Rolling Eyes
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:38 pm

Pot is all well and fine, until you go out in public high, or get behind the wheel. Or smoke it for years , then try to be a productive member of society.

Course, y'all keep fast food joints in business so it keeps me employed. Rock on.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:40 pm

ladysig wrote:
    Paximus wrote:

*sigh*

no need for PM's...i'm fairly vocal all over the interwebz for disapproval of smoking pot. i guess it was all those times i had to bail my younger brother out of jail at 3AM that kinda soured me on the whole thing.

y'all have fun, tho...no need for me to be a drag on anybody else.
    I understand that, I dont use it myself as I stated, I am an attorney and I have too many enemies because of the people I defend, to try something risky like that, so I keep my nose clean so to speak, but I do think it is ok if others choose to do so and I WOULD GLADLY encourage you to post anything you want regarding your displeasure with it, my friends from WS are all very tolerant and open minded people and I know they would not take issue if you wanted to post your reasons for not liking marijuana use and I am sure a very good and informative discussion that could be enjoyed by all, would ensue.

In any case, please stick around.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:44 pm

Mags wrote:Pot is all well and fine, until you go out in public high, or get behind the wheel. Or smoke it for years , then try to be a productive member of society.

Course, y'all keep fast food joints in business so it keeps me employed. Rock on.
    Which is true of just about anything including alcohol, I dont much care for people who drink and drive even though I defend them, I only do so because I know they have children at home wondering where daddy is, so I try and get them home to their loved ones so they can learn from their mistake and not do it again. Cigarette smoke in public is probably more harmful than a pothead walking down the street also as the pothead isnt giving me second hand smoke lung cancer.

The bottom line is and always will be:

ALL THINGS IN MODERATION.

Last edited by Paximus on Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:46 pm

[quote="ladysig"][quote="Mags"][quote="Paximus"]

Oh come on Sad I risked getting struck by lightening by using your name and "prissy" in the same sentence..........

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:52 pm

[quote="Mags"][quote="ladysig"][quote="Mags"]
    Paximus wrote:

Oh come on Sad I risked getting struck by lightening by using your name and "prissy" in the same sentence..........

yes. yes you did. and i salute you. Smile
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Paximus wrote:
    Mags wrote:Pot is all well and fine, until you go out in public high, or get behind the wheel. Or smoke it for years , then try to be a productive member of society.

Which is true of just about anything including alcohol, I domnt much care for people who drink and drive even though I defend them, I only do so because I know they have children at home wondering where daddy is, so I try and get them home to their loved ones so they can learn from their mistake and not do it again. Cigarette smoke in public is probably more harmful than a pothead walking down the street also as the pothead isnt giving me second hand smoke lung cancer.

If nicotine altered ones cognitive abilities in the same manner as pot & alcohol, you might have a point.

I don't really give a shit about the kids wondering where Daddy is, they're better off without a drunk for a parent. Really good odds daddy has driven them around while drunk.

Oh look everyone! Pax found Mags B(itch) Spot!

Maybe next we can have a breastfeeding in public discussion........ Basketball
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:58 pm

I would also like to add that people should keep in mind that a lot of people and I mean A LOT of people who smoke marijuana do so because it helps them deal with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder and Attention Deficit Disorder, yes this is referred to as SELF MEDICATING which isnt ALWAYS a good thing but in many cases, from my own experience, I know many people who DO MUCH BETTER on marijuana than they do on the crappy meds the doctors want to put them on to help with these very issues. I do not think MOST PEOPLE who smoke marijuana are just a bunch of burnouts trying to smoke away reality, I think it helps them in some way or another and I see no problem with that, I would rather my son for example, smoke a joint if he was dealing with anxiety or depression than to take something like prozac which can have all sorts of bad side effects.

But hey, thats just my opinion. I love to hear yours!

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:03 pm

Mags wrote:If nicotine altered ones cognitive abilities in the same manner as pot & alcohol, you might have a point.

I don't really give a shit about the kids wondering where Daddy is, they're better off without a drunk for a parent. Really good odds daddy has driven them around while drunk.

Maybe next we can have a breastfeeding in public discussion........ Advice on men - Page 3 Icon_basketball
    Wait!! You have more then one?
    Advice on men - Page 3 Icon_razz
    I like to live on the edge

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Paximus wrote:I would also like to add that people should keep in mind that a lot of people and I mean A LOT of people who smoke marijuana do so because it helps them deal with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder and Attention Deficit Disorder, yes this is referred to as SELF MEDICATING which isnt ALWAYS a good thing but in many cases, from my own experience, I know many people who DO MUCH BETTER on marijuana than they do on the crappy meds the doctors want to put them on to help with these very issues. I do not think MOST PEOPLE who smoke marijuana are just a bunch of burnouts trying to smoke away reality, I think it helps them in some way or another and I see no problem with that, I would rather my son for example, smoke a joint if he was dealing with anxiety or depression than to take something like prozac which can have all sorts of bad side effects.

hmm. given that i suffer from PSTD and panic disorder myself, i tend to disagree with the notion that smoking pot is a good idea to help deal with such issues.

i also tend to have a hard time talking to folks when they are stoned. my most recent experience with this was when my brother and i were attempting to converse, at night, on my mother's patio whilst outside smoking cigarettes. he was so stoned, that he kept getting distracted by the lit end of his cigarette (i can only assume he was seeing contrails or something) and would lose track of whatever he had just said. while it was vaguely amusing, it was also very frustrating to try and speak to him at all.

i worked in a pawn shop and saw too much of folks coming in to pawn their kid's xbox's or playstations to pay for dope....
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Mags wrote:
    Paximus wrote:

Which is true of just about anything including alcohol, I domnt much care for people who drink and drive even though I defend them, I only do so because I know they have children at home wondering where daddy is, so I try and get them home to their loved ones so they can learn from their mistake and not do it again. Cigarette smoke in public is probably more harmful than a pothead walking down the street also as the pothead isnt giving me second hand smoke lung cancer.

If nicotine altered ones cognitive abilities in the same manner as pot & alcohol, you might have a point.

Maybe next we can have a breastfeeding in public discussion........ Basketball

I have been on the internet 15 years and I have defended the accused for 7 now. I have seen and heard it all and nothing is going to shock me or make me think youre a bitch. Speak your mind. My opinion is that I dont like to see people locked up and away from their children for having a few drinks and getting behind the wheel. That doesnt mean I like drunk driving, it pisses me off, I dont even drink, I am a Buddhist, and I make damn sure when I am speaking to my client that he knows I dont take such matters lightly and that my defending him is not because I want to get him off or because I support what he did, I defend people because this is America and we have a thing called DUE PROCESS and its job, my DUTY to defend my client in the most zealous way possible and that is exactly what I do and make no apologies for it.

(BTW Nicotine actually does alter the brain as much---and some studies indicate even more---than marijuana, it is just a different kind of effect but BOTH have the effect of releasing the same dopamine chemicals and producing a calm, cool and collected feeling, the one difference is that nicotine is a terribly physcially addictive drug that you will experience withdrawls with if you quit, withdrawls very much akin to heroine/opiate withdrawl. With marijuana there is no physical addiction whatsoever, although there may be a slight amount of mental addiction, it is much easier to overcome than the phyical dependency experienced with nicotine AND alcohol.)
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Paximus wrote:I would also like to add that people should keep in mind that a lot of people and I mean A LOT of people who smoke marijuana do so because it helps them deal with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder and Attention Deficit Disorder, yes this is referred to as SELF MEDICATING which isnt ALWAYS a good thing but in many cases, from my own experience, I know many people who DO MUCH BETTER on marijuana than they do on the crappy meds the doctors want to put them on to help with these very issues. I do not think MOST PEOPLE who smoke marijuana are just a bunch of burnouts trying to smoke away reality, I think it helps them in some way or another and I see no problem with that, I would rather my son for example, smoke a joint if he was dealing with anxiety or depression than to take something like prozac which can have all sorts of bad side effects.
    But hey, thats just my opinion. e to hear yours!
    Seriously,I might have agreed with you BEFORE I started working with the general public, one on one, 45 hours a week for the last three years. The people I knew previously that smoked pot only did so very rarely, and they were older.

The 16-30 year old pot smokers are all burnouts denying reality. Dumber than a bag of hair. Just enough brain cells left, for the time being, to hold down a min wage job so they can afford their doobage.

Wastes of oxygen.

As for self-medicating.....my teen sons have disorders, I'll not be encouraging them to smoke pot and get off their meds. They have no horrible side effects. Unless one considers reality a horrible side effect....
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:39 pm

Mags wrote:
    But hey, thats just my opinion. e to hear yours!
    Seriously,I might have agreed with you BEFORE I started working with the general public, one on one, 45 hours a week for the last three years. The people I knew previously that smoked pot only did so very rarely, and they were older.

The 16-30 year old pot smokers are all burnouts denying reality. Dumber than a bag of hair. Just enough brain cells left, for the time being, to hold down a min wage job so they can afford their doobage.

Wastes of oxygen.

As for self-medicating.....my teen sons have disorders, I'll not be encouraging them to smoke pot and get off their meds. They have no horrible side effects. Unless one considers reality a horrible side effect....

Ok I am willing to agree with you that SOME OF THEM might be burnouts smoking away reality and wastes of oxygen but there is no way you can sit there and seriously tell me that ALL of them are. That is a rash generalization and I know youre better than that. You cannot say ALL this or ALL that about anything or anyone. Well, ok you CAN say it but its not right and I think you know that.

Other than that your opinion is noted and at least somewhat valid in regards to some people acting that way, but not all, never ALL. Some, yes.
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:41 pm

@ Pax re: defense.....

I certainly didn't ask that you apologize for anything.

Drunk drivers have all sorts of sob stories.....I just don't care. They can all be gut shot IMO. Kill a half dozen of them and people will stop driving drunk. And if not, keep it going til it does. Darwin will win that battle one way or another.

The America you speak of has complicated the Justice system beyond almost all workability.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:47 pm

Mags wrote:@ Pax re: defense.....

I certainly didn't ask that you apologize for anything.

Drunk drivers have all sorts of sob stories.....I just don't care. They can all be gut shot IMO. Kill a half dozen of them and people will stop driving drunk. And if not, keep it going til it does. Darwin will win that battle one way or another.

The America you speak of has complicated the Justice system beyond almost all workability.
    Well, hey, obviously I am going to disagree with that but I certainly appreciate your desire to express how you honestly feel about the situation and I am sure you are not alone in that sentiment.

But again, I dont much care for authority and big brother and by extention I have a great respect for our justice system as it allows the accused his day in court which prevents the state from knocking down your door and hauling you away to prison just because your pissed off neighbor who thinks your dogs bark too loudly made up some story about how youre an axe murderer.

People make mistakes my friend and I would like to think they are capable of learning from those mistakes so I offer them my services which I call SECOND CHANCE INCORPORATED. I am not much in to 3rd and fourth chances so I tell them NOT TO COME BACK KNOCKIN ON MY FUCKING DOOR if you cant learn from your mistake the first time I helped you out. I am not doing this for the money, sure the money is nice, I do it because I believe in people and I believe if you REALLY GIVE THEM THE CHANCE they will do the RIGHT THING. Thats not always true and YES I have been LET DOWN a lot because I feel that way, but those who do learn and were able to because I helped them, makes all the bad shit go away and puts a smile on my face.
    TiffaniLane
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:42 pm

What a Face

Last edited by TiffaniLane on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bandersnatch45
    bandersnatch45

Post by bandersnatch45 Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:43 pm

All men pay attention:

Do not drink and drive around Mags.

Do not smoke dope around Sig.

Wait, is this advice for men or about men?
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:51 pm

TiffaniLane wrote:What a Face

Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

(you may be too young to remember that hehe)
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:57 pm

ladysig wrote:

hmm. given that i suffer from PSTD and panic disorder myself, i tend to disagree with the notion that smoking pot is a good idea to help deal with such issues.

i also tend to have a hard time talking to folks when they are stoned. my most recent experience with this was when my brother and i were attempting to converse, at night, on my mother's patio whilst outside smoking cigarettes. he was so stoned, that he kept getting distracted by the lit end of his cigarette (i can only assume he was seeing contrails or something) and would lose track of whatever he had just said. while it was vaguely amusing, it was also very frustrating to try and speak to him at all.

i worked in a pawn shop and saw too much of folks coming in to pawn their kid's xbox's or playstations to pay for dope....

Well I suppose there are some pot heads who have pawned shit to buy a bag but I seriously doubt there are a lot of them. I think mostly what you are dealing with were crackheads and other types of drug addicted poor souls. There is a huge difference between smoking something that grows naturally in the ground and using man made chemicals that fuck you up beyond all measure and destory your mind, body and soul.

I have lived in Flagstaff and Sedona Arizona for several years now and its mostly old hippy potheads here and I can honestly say I have never been around a more intelligent, informed, open-minded and tolerant group of citizens in my life. They dont steal from eachother, crime is very low here, they dont bother others, they keep to themselves and mind thier own business do their thing and let you do yours. Yes there are always exceptions to this, there are always assholes who ruin everything and give everyone else a bad name but I refuse to let those few bad apples define everyone else around me.
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:01 pm

Pax~ (I'd quote but if it's a longer post I can't scroll through to the bottom to begin a response. Downfall of touchscreens Sad )

It doesn't make the bad shit go away. It makes you feel better, of course. Helping someone always makes a person feel good. But, the 'bad shit' is out there, back on the roads, with someones loved ones in the path.

I also despise Big Brother. Our country is an utter mess and the judiciary right along with it. I'm not a complete maniac, I'd require proof of drunkenness while operating a vehicle. I just wouldn't tolerate any excuses for said drunkenness.

My font size changed........weird

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content