Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+7
bandersnatch45
tapu
Heroine
Mags
dangrsmind
Hank
wadahoot
11 posters

talk about animals!

wadahoot
    wadahoot

talk about animals! Empty talk about animals!

Post by wadahoot Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:43 am

Remember at WS we were talking about the benefits of animals in prison situations?
    We also talked about our pets a bit (Tuxie cats, etc.). I thought I'd pull that line of conversation, since pets and animals are such a large part of many human's lives. OK by you? cat
    wadahoot
    wadahoot

talk about animals! Empty Re: talk about animals!

Post by wadahoot Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:46 am

Here was one post I made earlier, with a follow-up article I just came across:

What I do love is to see the work and animal related rehab programs in prison. Many of these felons have never had the opportunity to learn a trade, much less have had anyone pat them on the back for reading a book, carrying on a converstation instead of an argument or have any sense of worth. I adore seeing the toughest of guys with muscles to 'there' and a bazillon tattoos cuddling with a kitty out on the yard, or the inmates that raise shelter dogs so that they dogs can have a second chance at life, just as the inmate does. Watching the inmate take the dog around the grounds, chatting with other inmates they would never even look in the eye, because the other race/gang member wants a lick on the cheek from the dogs, or speaking to the guards about the latest food they are using to help the dogs upset tummy is a beautiful thing!
    Click for updated article: inmates train dogs for disabled kids
    Hank
    Hank

Post by Hank Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:16 am

erps
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:24 am

wadahoot wrote:Here was one post I made earlier, with a follow-up article I just came across:

What I do love is to see the work and animal related rehab programs in prison. Many of these felons have never had the opportunity to learn a trade, much less have had anyone pat them on the back for reading a book, carrying on a converstation instead of an argument or have any sense of worth. I adore seeing the toughest of guys with muscles to 'there' and a bazillon tattoos cuddling with a kitty out on the yard, or the inmates that raise shelter dogs so that they dogs can have a second chance at life, just as the inmate does. Watching the inmate take the dog around the grounds, chatting with other inmates they would never even look in the eye, because the other race/gang member wants a lick on the cheek from the dogs, or speaking to the guards about the latest food they are using to help the dogs upset tummy is a beautiful thing!
    Click for updated article: inmates train dogs for disabled kids

Interesting article.

Would this be the place for pictures of Heroine's Sugar Glider?

For the uninitiated this is not a sexual innuendo, the sugar glider is actually her pet. But maybe this will become an innuendo after this posting... cheers
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:51 am

I saw the most butt ugly cat at the pound y'day. It was yellowish and just gross. Then it turned around, remember I'm thinking "cat" in my brain, I almost screamed. It was a ferret. Cute tho, for a ferret.

I have two great pyrenees, one of which will be moving soon. She's not a good residential dog, she needs a farm and something to herd. I also have a black cat named Saladin, coolest & most vocal cat ever. There is another cat that lives here, his name is Jerry. He's nothing but a bag of hair.

We also have about a dozen ferel cats that live in our yard.
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:48 pm

You guys must like my little Biddy butt, so here are some pictures of her for you...

talk about animals! Biddyh10

talk about animals! Biddya10

talk about animals! Biddyv10
    talk about animals! Herz
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:54 pm

talk about animals! Biddy10

talk about animals! Tentti10

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:07 am

Biddy is very cute!

I have seven dogs. All were rescues except one, I bought her at a bird show. They are Precious (white chihuahua); Bismarck (miniature Schnauzer w/foot amputated); JayJay (rat terrier who had been returned to the shelter a few times before I took him); Ace (Bull Mastiff/German Shepard who is the biggest, sweetest baby); Lucky (mutt mix rescued in the woods by my husband a long time ago); Scooby (the large one in the picture I posted in the other thread); and Kizzie (miniature Schnauzer who I was asked to foster just until she could be adopted, but she adopted us instead).

I also have Dusty, my medium-haired tabby. He was a rescue six years ago and is the most perfect pet of all time. cat

Spike is a hedgehog we bought last summer. Cute as can be, but not really a very good pet.

I have tons of pictures, but I don't want to suck up all the bandwidth.
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:13 am

Check out this "heart-warming" story. This is the breed of dog my Silas is, and he looks just like the hero dog in the picture in the news article. They are weirdly smart, and incredibly protective.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22609878/detail.html

Bond With Dog Helped Girl Survive
    Dog 'Blue' Saved 3-Year-Old Victoria Bensch's Life, Authorities Say

A faithful dog kept a 3-year-old girl warm in freezing temperatures when she was lost overnight, authorities said.

Oh, here's my Silas:

talk about animals! Silasa10

Last edited by tapu on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bandersnatch45
    bandersnatch45

Post by bandersnatch45 Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:40 am

Heroine wrote:talk about animals! Biddy10

talk about animals! Tentti10

so, what, exactly is it?
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:51 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA silent

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Hey how the heck your put pictures from you cp on here?
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:09 pm

Biddy is a very cute, little ........animal, of some sort. scratch

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:14 pm

Heroine -- a few weeks ago I ran into a man in a pet store and he had his sugar glider with him. He got it when it was just four weeks old and he had to bottle feed it for a while. This man was a paraplegic, and his little glider just rode around with him. When he was shy, he'd run down the collar of his owner's shirt and stay there for a while. This man never had to worry about the glider running away from him. The glider's coat was sooooo soft! They're cute! I love you
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Mags wrote:Biddy is a very cute, little ........animal, of some sort. scratch

Oh, it's an animal! Like... a live animal?
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:57 pm

Peace Gurl wrote:Hey how the heck your put pictures from you cp on here?

go to the box above that says HOST IMAGE, click it, then click BROWSE then double click the image on your computer that you want to show, then click HOST, then you will see a series of URLS you want to COPY AND PAST the one that says URL, in to your post, then hit SEND and it should show up. Try that and let me know if it works for you.
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:16 pm

tapu wrote:

It's called a sugar glider. It's a tiny tree dwelling marsupial which originates from Austrailia. It has a pouch like a kangaroo. It glides from tree to tree like this....
    talk about animals! Sugarg10
    Once your sugar glider has bonded to you it will hang out on your back or shoulder as mentioned here. IT IS NOT A RODENT, such as a mouse, like most people think. As I've stated it is a marsupial.
    Anything else? I like talking about my little guy, so if you'd like to know more just ask. Smile
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Heroine wrote:
    tapu wrote:

It's called a sugar glider. It's a tiny tree dwelling marsupial which originates from Austrailia. It has a pouch like a kangaroo. It glides from tree to tree like this....
    Once your sugar glider has bonded to you it will hang out on your back or shoulder as mentioned here. IT IS NOT A RODENT, such as a mouse, like most people think. As I've stated it is a marsupial.
    Anything else? I like talking about my little guy, so if you'd like to know more just ask. Smile

Is he housetrained. Like does he use a litterbox or something?
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:41 pm

ericclimbs wrote:
    Heroine wrote:
    tapu wrote:

Is he housetrained. Like does he use a litterbox or something?
    No she has a cage. You just have to make sure to not handle them as soon as they wake up. AND she NEVER poos or pees where she sleeps ie: my hoodie or her pouch ( a material pouch made of fleece(thats what they sleep in, inside their cage)).
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:53 pm

The Kay wrote:Heroine -- a few weeks ago I ran into a man in a pet store and he had his sugar glider with him. He got it when it was just four weeks old and he had to bottle feed it for a while. This man was a paraplegic, and his little glider just rode around with him. When he was shy, he'd run down the collar of his owner's shirt and stay there for a while. This man never had to worry about the glider running away from him. The glider's coat was sooooo soft! They're cute! I love you
    Yes they are very cute and even more lovable! The way your sugar gliders coat looks has a lot to do with how you feed them and if fed properly they do have very shiny and soft coats. They are the sweetest creatures ever. There's a true story I know about a guy who had cancer and was on his death bed and because all the man ever did was cough the sugar glider thought it was his way of communicating so the sugar glider started making the same noise and would never leave the man's side. When the man died the little sugar glider grieved. It was sad to say the least. Either way, you get the point.
    Sugar gliders make all kinds of noises, I'll find you some videos. Smile
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:57 pm

Heroine wrote:
    The Kay wrote:Heroine -- a few weeks ago I ran into a man in a pet store and he had his sugar glider with him. He got it when it was just four weeks old and he had to bottle feed it for a while. This man was a paraplegic, and his little glider just rode around with him. When he was shy, he'd run down the collar of his owner's shirt and stay there for a while. This man never had to worry about the glider running away from him. The glider's coat was sooooo soft! They're cute! I love you
    Yes they are very cute and even more lovable! The way your sugar gliders coat looks has a lot to do with how you feed them and if fed properly they do have very shiny and soft coats. They are the sweetest creatures ever. There's a true story I know about a guy who had cancer and was on his death bed and because all the man ever did was cough the sugar glider thought it was his way of communicating so the sugar glider started making the same noise and would never leave the man's side. When the man died the little sugar glider grieved. It was sad to say the least. Either way, you get the point.

Here is one barking. This isn't mine, just one I fould on youetube barking.
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:25 pm

Does it smell feral? We used to try to raise baby racoons back in Appalachia, and we'd put tons of baby powder all over them so we could stand them. (God, isn't that terrible? The poor things.)

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:08 pm

Heroine wrote:
    I read about making them pets a few years ago and I thought it was a cool idea
    Now I know someone who has done it and you said everything I read in the article.

One of the people in that article was a man with a full beard and he said the little buddy would nest in it and sleep

How cute you guy is. Have you trained him to glide to you from places? I read that can be done
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:09 pm

tapu wrote:Does it smell feral? We used to try to raise baby racoons back in Appalachia, and we'd put tons of baby powder all over them so we could stand them. (God, isn't that terrible? The poor things.)
    No sugar gliders in general do not have a bad smell. However they do mark and if fed improperly can have a bad smell. Not to mention I have a girl and they only have one scent gland where as males have 3, and they can stink. Mine doesn't smell at all.
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:11 pm

dabobkat wrote:
    Heroine wrote:
    I read about making them pets a few years ago and I thought it was a cool idea
    Now I know someone who has done it and you said everything I read in the article.

One of the people in that article was a man with a full beard and he said the little buddy would nest in it and sleep

How cute you guy is. Have you trained him to glide to you from places? I read that can be done
    Yes, our little guy glides from me to my boyfriend. However, she gets mischievous at times and wants to explore and glides to inanimate objects. We just put our hand in front of her and she hops on. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content