Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

2 posters

wrongfully convicted?

wrongfully convicted? Empty wrongfully convicted?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:51 pm

Jailed mobster claims he can prove Amanda Knox is innocent

By Hada Messia and Mallory Simon, CNN
    cnnAuthor = "By Hada Messia and Mallory Simon, CNN";

if(location.hostname.indexOf( 'edition.' ) > -1) {document.write('June 11, 2010 -- Updated 1858 GMT (0258 HKT)');} else {document.write('June 11, 2010 2:58 p.m. EDT');}
    June 11, 2010 2:58 p.m. EDT

var clickExpire = "-1";
    wrongfully convicted? T1larg.amanda.knox.gi
    American student Amanda Knox is seen being led into the courtroom for her murder trial in 2009. She is appealing her conviction.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Jailed mobster Luciano Aviello claims his brother told him he killed Meredith Kercher in botched robbery
    • Aviello says he buried brother's bloody knife, clothes and keys to Kercher's apartment
    • Amanda Knox's lawyers want Aviello's story investigated for her appeal
    • Knox, her former boyfriend were convicted of murdering Kercher in December 2009

Rome, Italy (CNN) -- A jailed Italian mobster claims he can prove American student Amanda Knox, her former boyfriend and a drifter are innocent of murdering Knox's British roommate because he knows who the real killer is -- his brother.
    Luciano Aviello, 41, made the statement during a videotaped interview with Knox's lawyers.
    He said he had tried to write the Italian court several times to say that Knox and the others were innocent, but no one ever contacted him, defense and prosecution officials said.
    A source close to the case tells CNN that Aviello, who has been in and out of prison since age 17, was out of prison, living down the street from Knox and Meredith Kercher and under a "protection program" at the time of the murder. Aviello is serving 17 years in an Italian prison because of his association with the Camorra crime family. According to Italian media reports and Britain's Daily Mail, he has testified against the mob at several trials, always from behind a screen to shield his identity.
    Kercher, 21, was found semi-naked with her throat slashed in the house she shared with Knox in November 2007.
    Knox and her former Italian boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, 25, were found guilty in December 2009 of Kercher's murder and are serving sentences of 26 and 25 years, respectively. A third person, Rudy Guede, a drifter originally from the Ivory Coast, plead guilty to the murder and is serving a 16-year prison sentence.
    In March, Aviello contacted Knox's attorneys, who visited him in prison to learn more about his story.
    Aviello told Knox's lawyers during the videotaped interviews that his brother, who was staying with him at the time of Kercher's murder, came home one night and said he had killed a girl during a botched robbery. British and Italian media have reported the brother's whereabouts are unknown and neither the lawyers for Knox nor the prosecution would comment further.
    "When he came to my house he had a bloodstained jacket on and was carrying a flick knife. He said he had broken into a house and killed a girl and then he had run away," Aviello said in his statement. Originally from Naples, Aviello says he was living in Perugia at the time of the attack.

var currExpandable = "expand19";
    if(typeof CNN.expandableMap === 'object') {
    CNN.expandableMap.push(currExpandable);
    }

var currExpandableHeight = 360;

wrongfully convicted? Bttn_close
    wrongfully convicted? Natpkg.knox.parents.cnn.640x360

wrongfully convicted? Natpkg.knox.parents.cnn.640x360Video: Knox innocent, parents say

var mediaObj = new Object();
    mediaObj.type = 'video';
    mediaObj.contentId = '';
    mediaObj.source = '/video/crime/2009/11/20/natpkg.knox.parents.cnn';
    mediaObj.source = mediaObj.source.replace('/video/','');

mediaObj.lgImage = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('src');
    mediaObj.lgImageX = 640;
    mediaObj.lgImageY = currExpandableHeight;
    mediaObj.origImageX = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('width');
    mediaObj.origImageY = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('height');

mediaObj.contentType = 'Video';

CNN.expElements.expand19Store = mediaObj;

var currExpandable = "expand29";
    }

var currExpandableHeight = 436;

wrongfully convicted? Stacks.timeline

wrongfully convicted? Stacks.timelineTimeline: The Amanda Knox case

if(typeof currExpandable != "string") {
    currExpandable = '';
    }
    currExpandableHeight = 436;

mediaObj.type = 'flash';
    mediaObj.contentId = '';
    mediaObj.source = 'http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/interactive/2009/11/crime/timeline.knox.case/timeline.swf';

mediaObj.lgImage = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('src');
    mediaObj.lgImageX = 640;
    mediaObj.origImageX = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('width');
    mediaObj.origImageY = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('height');

mediaObj.contentType = 'interactive';

CNN.expElements.expand29Store = mediaObj;

var currExpandable = "expand39";
    }

var currExpandableHeight = 436;

wrongfully convicted? Stacks.knox.explainer

wrongfully convicted? Stacks.knox.explainerInteractive: The evidence

if(typeof currExpandable != "string") {
    currExpandable = '';
    }
    currExpandableHeight = 436;

mediaObj.type = 'flash';
    mediaObj.contentId = '';
    mediaObj.source = 'http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/interactive/2009/11/crime/explainer.knox.evidence/multi.tab.explainer.swf';

mediaObj.lgImageX = 640;

mediaObj.contentType = 'interactive';

CNN.expElements.expand39Store = mediaObj;

var cnnRelatedTopicKeys = [];