Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

5 posters

One Year Ago...

ziggy
    ziggy

One Year Ago... Empty One Year Ago...

Post by ziggy Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:14 pm

Strictly For the Wicked was September 12th last year, I believe. So one year ago Sam, Emma, Mel, Debra and Mark were on their way back to VA - all alive and looking forward to something. Within a few days 4 people were senselessly murdered.

I still wonder what texts from that van ride will reveal about what set Sam off and when.

One Year Ago... Empty Re: One Year Ago...

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:20 pm

To me it is a glaring reminder at how slowly the legal system moves. Logically it should not take a year to get in front of a jury.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Thank you. I'm sure the prosecution has been ready...

All the pre-trial motions have been filed and I HOPE there is information on what happens in the Sept. 20 hearing.

Scott, will you please attend that hearing for us?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:15 pm

I'll miss the hearing but will try to find out what happened anyway. I expect it will be well covered by the press. Everything else with the case has been so far.
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:15 pm

I was in court for a few days of the Saigon Penn trial (San Diego, 1980s, shot 2 cops with their own gun). I was amazed every evening when I watched the news coverage--those reporters must have been at a different trial!
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Thinking of Debra, Emma and Mel who most likely took their last breath on this earth one year ago today.

I can only hope they never saw it coming and did not suffer.

May they rest in peace.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:57 pm

i am not sure if this is a good place to post this or not. i noticed this as i searched out emma's name and found this snapshot of this myspace page. it's interesting what is being said underneath each pic of sam.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:rUAszagFS1EJ:www.myspace.com/537808371/photos/albums/album/441987+emma+niederbrock+%26+melanie+wells&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:01 pm

i guess this is where those pics came from, her is a myspace page dedicated to the girls:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:sxyh2uT0r5UJ:www.myspace.com/537808371+emma+niederbrock+%26+melanie+wells&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
    piXy
    piXy

Post by piXy Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:16 pm

maunsapt wrote:i am not sure if this is a good place to post this or not. i noticed this as i searched out emma's name and found this snapshot of this myspace page. it's interesting what is being said underneath each pic of sam.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:rUAszagFS1EJ:www.myspace.com/537808371/photos/albums/album/441987+emma+niederbrock+%26+melanie+wells&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Sad but true thing is everyone THOUGHT he was a good person.....

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:22 pm

here's another site, im memorium of melanie and emma
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:39 pm

piXy wrote:
    maunsapt wrote:i am not sure if this is a good place to post this or not. i noticed this as i searched out emma's name and found this snapshot of this myspace page. it's interesting what is being said underneath each pic of sam.

yes, makes you wonder what the hell happened to do such a horrific crime. and it wasn't just one person, but four!

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:58 pm

Everyone thought wrong.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Remembering Farmville murders one year later

Post by Guest Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:33 pm

""This has always been a difficult case to resolve," one of the attorneys, Cary B. Bowen, said this week.

Bowen added that he has received initial results of an evaluation of McCroskey's mental status, but he declined to elaborate."
    The suspect in the killings, Richard Samuel Alden McCroskey III, 21, has a status hearing scheduled Monday in Prince Edward County Circuit Court." What is a status hearing?
    "

ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:50 pm

Status hearing is to see what pre-trial issues are still outstanding and to determine if a trial date can be set...kind of a check up to are where they are with everything.
    piXy
    piXy

Post by piXy Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:57 pm

Thanks for the site linkage and this new info about the status hearing!
    Peace
    Peace

Post by Peace Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Thinking of the victims Sad

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:41 pm

ziggy wrote:Status hearing is to see what pre-trial issues are still outstanding and to determine if a trial date can be set...kind of a check up to are where they are with everything.

Thanks Ziggy, I hope they have everything they need. Hope a trial is set and won't have to wait another year. Sad
    piXy
    piXy

Post by piXy Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:32 pm

maunsapt wrote:
    ziggy wrote:Status hearing is to see what pre-trial issues are still outstanding and to determine if a trial date can be set...kind of a check up to are where they are with everything.

Thanks Ziggy, I hope they have everything they need. Hope a trial is set and won't have to wait another year. Sad

Agree
    LoveEndsWar
    LoveEndsWar

Post by LoveEndsWar Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:43 am

maunsapt wrote:i guess this is where those pics came from, her is a myspace page dedicated to the girls:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:sxyh2uT0r5UJ:www.myspace.com/537808371+emma+niederbrock+%26+melanie+wells&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

The song by sam on this page "the end of me" Have we discussed it? Does anyone have it transcribed? Sorry my speakers are not working, thank you in advance. For some reason I don't remember anything about this one.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:09 am

LoveEndsWar wrote:
    maunsapt wrote:i guess this is where those pics came from, her is a myspace page dedicated to the girls:

The song by sam on this page "the end of me" Have we discussed it? Does anyone have it transcribed? Sorry my speakers are not working, thank you in advance. For some reason I don't remember anything about this one.

Why are you interested in this case?
    LoveEndsWar
    LoveEndsWar

Post by LoveEndsWar Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 am

Scott wrote:
    LoveEndsWar wrote:

Why are you interested in this case?

I guess it is interesting that you are interested in why I am interested.
    4 people murdered in a rural town, a preacher, his estranged wife, their daughter and her best friend are killed. The girls were united due to music that talks about killing you.
    A young girl invites meek guy to her house, goes to a show, and well, we know (some) of the rest. What is the rest of the story? What happened first? Does he regret it? Did he act alone? Etc. Etc. I have followed this story since websleuths and I was invited here.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:28 am

Everyone is interested in the case for some reason or they would not be here. And, it is not just interesting here. I searched google news this morning under Sam McCroskey and found 489 articles. I assumed there would be more. There probably would be if I played around with the wording of the search words a bit.

Maybe I worded my question poorly. I should have asked if you knew anyone involved or if this was just an academic interest for you. Was this just a story that stood out as signicant somehow in a sea of internet news? I think you answered. Thanks.
    LoveEndsWar
    LoveEndsWar

Post by LoveEndsWar Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:42 am

Scott wrote:Everyone is interested in the case for some reason or they would not be here. And, it is not just interesting here. I searched google news this morning under Sam McCroskey and found 489 articles. I assumed there would be more. There probably would be if I played around with the wording of the search words a bit.

Maybe I worded my question poorly. I should have asked if you knew anyone involved or if this was just an academic interest for you. Was this just a story that stood out as signicant somehow in a sea of internet news? I think you answered. Thanks.

I am from Virginia, so it is close to home. ( I think this is the real answer to your question lol ) The musical aspect of it is intriguing, speaking as a music lover. Didn't mean to be snarky Scott, please dont think that. When I read your post, I was just kinda like huh? I guess I had already hashed this out upon my arrival some time ago. I lived in the middle of nowhere for quite some time, you think differently there in a town where everyone knows everyone and so on. I would have thought there would be more interest in this case on a national level as well. No I never went to a horrorcore fest, nor do I know any of the victims or the perp. Just wanted to respond so we can be on the same page. Most of my searches are just an article that has been recycled basically same the same thing in another paper. I appreciate your postings and points of view and I want to thank you for your input here, as I realize you are a significant contribution.
    I am concerned for the new generation and the impact of horror core on it, and I was wondering about maybe any hidden messages (occult type) anything, (other than just entertainment) really. In other words, the unknowns, possibilities, and of course justice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:29 am