Outcasts

Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.


    Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Share
    avatar
    Peace

    Posts : 55
    Join date : 2010-03-04
    Age : 62
    Location : Central VA

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Peace on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:22 pm

    He said the killing spree was a result of an augment with Emma. Per news channel 6 in Richmond, Va

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Guest on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:23 pm

    http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2010/sep/20/farmgat202-ar-515551/

    Most complete description of what occurred in the house to be release by the media so far.
    avatar
    ziggy

    Posts : 950
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 57
    Location : Sonoma County CA

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by ziggy on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:40 pm

    Some good quotes by Bowen and very impressed that Ennis has just been super low key and not grandstanding what Sam did. True professionals.

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    ziggy

    Posts : 950
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 57
    Location : Sonoma County CA

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by ziggy on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:45 pm

    Snipped from Scott's link:

    "Kelley and Mark Niederbrock took Emma, McCroskey and Wells to a horrorcore music festival several days before McCroskey killed them. Ennis said McCroskey was angered by some text messages Emma sent while they were in Michigan.

    They returned to Virginia, and McCroskey became increasingly distraught about the relationship, Ennis said. He had an expectation that he and Emma were seeing each other exclusively and was unhappy with how things were going, Ennis said.

    Late in the evening of Sept. 14, 2009, or early the next morning, McCroskey drank beer, smoked marijuana and might have taken painkillers before he attacked the three female victims in the house as they were sleeping, Ennis said. He killed each within a short period of time around 3 a.m. on Sept. 15.

    Ennis said that McCroskey first killed Wells, who was on a sofa in a first-floor den, then Kelley in an upstairs room, and finally Emma in her downstairs bedroom. He struck each victim multiple times with the maul.

    "No one awoke," Ennis said, adding that the victims had no defensive wounds.

    Mark Niederbrock arrived at the home Sept. 17 about 5 p.m., and McCroskey attacked him with the maul in a living room, Ennis said. McCroskey later moved Mark Niederbrock's and Wells' bodies into Emma's room, and he attempted to clean up the bloody den, Ennis said.

    At some point, McCroskey used a digital camera to record a video of himself, Ennis said. In the video, he indicated that he knew he had to pay for what he had done and contemplated suicide, Ennis said."


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Guest on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:41 pm

    http://www.wric.com/global/Category.asp?c=190525&clipId=5127533&autostart=true

    Pretty complete news coverage from today. Footage of Sam leaving the court + brief interviews with attorneys on both sides and more discussion of details of the murders.
    avatar
    ziggy

    Posts : 950
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 57
    Location : Sonoma County CA

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by ziggy on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:55 pm

    The only thing I don't agree with is that a jury trial would have been a risk...I don't think that is why the families were for the plea deal. I think it's more likely they did not want a sensational trial with pictures of the crime scene being released to the media and stories about the condition of "bodies" who were once cherished family members or their loved ones' undesireable traits. I think it would have forced them to live a nightmare they are struggling to wake up from.

    But I'm glad the DA took their thoughts into consideration.


    Sam's life is about to change drastically. He is in for hell on earth. One act of rage = a lifetime of abuse and hell.

    Interesting...wasn't it the consensus that Sam didn't do drugs, yet he drank, smoked pot and took some pills prior to the first murders?

    Drugs are bad, mkay?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Guest on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:59 pm

    ziggy wrote:The only thing I don't agree with is that a jury trial would have been a risk...I don't think that is why the families were for the plea deal. I think it's more likely they did not want a sensational trial with pictures of the crime scene being released to the media and stories about the condition of "bodies" who were once cherished family members or their loved ones' undesireable traits. I think it would have forced them to live a nightmare they are struggling to wake up from.

    But I'm glad the DA took their thoughts into consideration.


    Sam's life is about to change drastically. He is in for hell on earth. One act of rage = a lifetime of abuse and hell.

    Interesting...wasn't it the consensus that Sam didn't do drugs, yet he drank, smoked pot and took some pills prior to the first murders?

    Drugs are bad, mkay?

    Agreed. Jury trial was a minimal risk. He certainly would not have gotten less. He may have gotten more. I think protecting the memory of the victims was the greatest reason to accept a plea.


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Guest on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:21 pm

    WOW.... i still have alot of questions, and either more info will be released,,,or will never know.
    well, i wonder if he took that mixture of alcohol, pain pills, and marijuana so he could have killed them all? if so, pre-meditated? or, was he truly scorned by emma to induce a wild rage in him to get everyone without that mixture? and why get all of them? especially the dad some couple of days later? why didn't he just run out the next day? does not make sense. why did he call the police saying he heard a noise?
    why did he get melanie wells first? especially since he got them in their sleep. he could have split right after emma, and be gone.
    i wonder if someone will delve into his upbringing, clues to this major unbalanced sick mind Sam has.
    if he was so remorseful,,,why didn't he break down in court? to me, i think he is quite detached,,,but i could be wrong,,,. i wonder what the psychological report came up with.
    I wonder how Sam's family is dealing with this. I wonder bout his socalled horror-core friends feel about this.

    I do hope and pray the victim's families can continue on in life in a more peaceful manner, and thankful that this didn't go to a long-drawn-out-trial with pics, details and such. My heart goes out to them... Sad

    and if Percy is still going to write a book about this, it would be interesting what is revealed...
    avatar
    ericclimbs

    Posts : 246
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Location : CA

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by ericclimbs on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:40 pm

    Also how many pain pills? Couldn't have been too many as downers and booze combined would normally temper such rage. I remember once, a long long time ago, flipping out over a breakup, and using a copious dose of prescription downers to calm down. Once they kicked it my anger and pain was significantly reduced to a dull throb . . . at least until the drugs wore off.

    I should qualify that, fortunately, I certainly didn't want to kill anyone at the time.
    avatar
    Percy
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1274
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Percy on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:08 pm

    Ha, I told you guys he was going to plead guilty, my info suggesting such was solid afterall. Well I am looking forward to some good discussion the next few days, I plan to be around.


    _________________
    Ask me about $cientology, E-Meters, Xenu, The R-6 Implant, Body Thetans, Engrams and the State of Clear.
    avatar
    Percy
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1274
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Percy on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:16 pm

    Also I find it interesting that as I had predicted all along he killed Mel and mom before Emma, suggesting, as I suspected, that he may have made Emma watch it all as punishment for whatever he felt she did. Not sure if this is the case as I havent read all the articles yet so I will chime in once I have.


    _________________
    Ask me about $cientology, E-Meters, Xenu, The R-6 Implant, Body Thetans, Engrams and the State of Clear.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Guest on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:56 am

    good to see you pipe in Percy!
    according to the news articles, he got them all when they were asleep. no idea if he made emma watch. she might have been quite horrified and try to fight him off, unless she was drugged. i wonder if they were... you would have thought it might have been noisy? bashing someone's head in? what if he grunted? can't imagine
    avatar
    Percy
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1274
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Percy on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:19 am

    maunsapt wrote:WOW.... i still have alot of questions, and either more info will be released,,,or will never know.
    well, i wonder if he took that mixture of alcohol, pain pills, and marijuana so he could have killed them all? if so, pre-meditated? or, was he truly scorned by emma to induce a wild rage in him to get everyone without that mixture? and why get all of them? especially the dad some couple of days later? why didn't he just run out the next day? does not make sense. why did he call the police saying he heard a noise?
    why did he get melanie wells first? especially since he got them in their sleep. he could have split right after emma, and be gone.
    i wonder if someone will delve into his upbringing, clues to this major unbalanced sick mind Sam has.
    if he was so remorseful,,,why didn't he break down in court? to me, i think he is quite detached,,,but i could be wrong,,,. i wonder what the psychological report came up with.
    I wonder how Sam's family is dealing with this. I wonder bout his socalled horror-core friends feel about this.

    I do hope and pray the victim's families can continue on in life in a more peaceful manner, and thankful that this didn't go to a long-drawn-out-trial with pics, details and such. My heart goes out to them... Sad

    and if Percy is still going to write a book about this, it would be interesting what is revealed...

    When he pleaded guilty today he likely had to make a full statement about what happened, how it all went down etc, I see some of this has been reported in the various articles posted but what we need to find is the actual full statement he made to the court and that will answer a lot more of the question you and the rest of us have. This will be a public record so it can be found pretty easily, I will look tomorrow if nobody finds it before then.


    _________________
    Ask me about $cientology, E-Meters, Xenu, The R-6 Implant, Body Thetans, Engrams and the State of Clear.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Guest on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:29 am

    "Ennis said the crime was motivated by McCroskey's frustration with Emma, with whom he wanted an exclusive relationship. McCroskey told authorities that he killed Kelley, Mark Niederbrock and Wells because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, Ennis said."

    http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/virginia-news/2010/sep/21/farm211-ar-516205/

    Yep I'm still around everyone Smile
    avatar
    ziggy

    Posts : 950
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 57
    Location : Sonoma County CA

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by ziggy on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:42 am

    Hey Mary and Percy and Eric and Peace - welcome back.

    Percy - hope you can find what you're looking for.

    Mary - hope all is well and that this was no surprise for you.

    Eric - what up? Nice new pic.

    Peace - how's your health? Bet the town is glad not to have a giant media circus therein.

    Mauns: I know what you mean about the unanswered questions - I am still curious as to why he called the police that night. Was he hoping to get caught? Now I'm wondering what he said in the videotape he made of himself after the murders. I wonder if it will be sealed.

    How sad for the three who had nothing to do with hurting Sam lost their lives. I just can't imagine how hard it is for the families.

    Mary - do you know if any of Sam's family was there? Have they even been to see him at all?

    Note to Sarah: you can probably have the X-Box for good now Sad

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Guest on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:10 am

    Oh yeah it was actually a big surprise for me. He told me he would be getting transferred at the end of this month but wasn't supposed to talk about it. I assumed it would be for the change of venue or something, definitely not that he would be getting transferred to prison so soon! I had no idea he was going to plead guilty today or that a plea agreement had been reached so it was a HUGE shock when I found that out!
    And I read in some article that his family wasn't at the hearing. I can't remember which site it was at but if I find it I'll post a link to it.
    avatar
    LoveEndsWar

    Posts : 33
    Join date : 2010-03-22

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by LoveEndsWar on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:19 am

    Here is the article you were looking for Mary. Nice to see you around.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    LoveEndsWar

    Posts : 33
    Join date : 2010-03-22

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by LoveEndsWar on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:25 am

    Kelley and Mark Niederbrock took Emma, McCroskey and Wells to a horrorcore music festival several days before McCroskey killed them. Ennis said McCroskey was angered by some text messages Emma sent while they were in Michigan.

    They returned to Virginia, and McCroskey became increasingly distraught about the relationship, Ennis said. He had an expectation that he and Emma were seeing each other exclusively and was unhappy with how things were going, Ennis said.

    Late in the evening of Sept. 14, 2009, or early the next morning, McCroskey drank beer, smoked marijuana and might have taken painkillers before he attacked the three female victims in the house as they were sleeping, Ennis said. He killed each within a short period of time around 3 a.m. on Sept. 15.

    Ennis said that McCroskey first killed Wells, who was on a sofa in a first-floor den, then Kelley in an upstairs room, and finally Emma in her downstairs bedroom. He struck each victim multiple times with the maul.

    "No one awoke," Ennis said, adding that the victims had no defensive wounds.

    Mark Niederbrock arrived at the home Sept. 17 about 5 p.m., and McCroskey attacked him with the maul in a living room, Ennis said. McCroskey later moved Mark Niederbrock's and Wells' bodies into Emma's room, and he attempted to clean up the bloody den, Ennis said.

    At some point, McCroskey used a digital camera to record a video of himself, Ennis said. In the video, he indicated that he knew he had to pay for what he had done and contemplated suicide, Ennis said.

    The bodies were discovered in the home Sept. 18, and McCroskey was captured the next day at Richmond International Airport as he awaited a flight home to California


    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Guest on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:12 am

    Percy wrote:Also I find it interesting that as I had predicted all along he killed Mel and mom before Emma, suggesting, as I suspected, that he may have made Emma watch it all as punishment for whatever he felt she did. Not sure if this is the case as I havent read all the articles yet so I will chime in once I have.


    Emma did not watch. She was sleeping in another room. Mel's body was moved to the same room as Emma after the murder. None of the girls saw it comming.
    avatar
    ziggy

    Posts : 950
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 57
    Location : Sonoma County CA

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by ziggy on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:26 pm

    I also heard a report that said Mark was hit from behind and killed instantly. That goes against reports that he put up a fight. If he was killed instantly - why was he apparently bludgeoned beyond recognition? Overkill? Sam was still in a rage three days later? Some things are not adding up.

    I'm relieved in a way, that none of them saw it coming. I was really bothered last night for some reason with the vision of Sam creeping up the stairs in the dark with that maul in his hand. Shivers.

    Southernvagirl

    Posts : 12
    Join date : 2010-09-04

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Southernvagirl on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:45 pm

    What a coward!!!!! I am in shock all most as much as I was after the OJ aquital..If this little worm doesn't deserve the DP I dont know who does As a tax payer in the Commonwealth of Virginia I am mortified that our tax dollars are going to keep this little worm fed, bedded and his medical furnished. I hope everyone in that juristiction votes the SA out of office for someone who isnt afraid to FOLLOW the laws of this good state..I have a feeling the SA didn't want to air all of the nastiness of this crime, but in accepting his plea they have made a mockery of the laws here...period

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Guest on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:48 pm

    Southernvagirl wrote:What a coward!!!!! I am in shock all most as much as I was after the OJ aquital..If this little worm doesn't deserve the DP I dont know who does As a tax payer in the Commonwealth of Virginia I am mortified that our tax dollars are going to keep this little worm fed, bedded and his medical furnished. I hope everyone in that juristiction votes the SA out of office for someone who isnt afraid to FOLLOW the laws of this good state..I have a feeling the SA didn't want to air all of the nastiness of this crime, but in accepting his plea they have made a mockery of the laws here...period

    It costs a couple million to execute someone vs. approx $800,000 to incarcerate them for life. Please don't take my word for it look it up anywhere.

    Not only did the prosecution save the tax payers in the state [of which I am one] considerable money he guaranteed that McCroskey dies in prison.
    avatar
    ziggy

    Posts : 950
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 57
    Location : Sonoma County CA

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by ziggy on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:28 pm

    Hey I don't disagree that if the death penalty is the law in any state, by all means carry it out when the crime is heinous like this one.

    However - beleive it or not (I still can't sometimes) I agree with Scott. While my morbid curiosity would have been satisfied - the cost of a trial and the mandatory appeal etc. would definitely cost WAY more. Remember Sam would be afforded many high paid experts at trial both forensic and psychological.

    I actually feel that this is more severe punishment (did I just say that?) LOL.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Guest on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:34 pm

    The death penalty is provided for in the law in VA HOWEVER so is life in prison. This was also a just punishment under the law. Let us not forget this. Calls to "enforce the law" are not appropriate as the law was enforced in this case. Sam was arrested, charged, plead guilty, and sentenced to life without parole. All legal. You may or may not agree with the outcome, but the law was enforced.

    NOT enforcing the law would have been had the commonwealth elected not to charge him with a crime. That is not what happened.



    Southernvagirl

    Posts : 12
    Join date : 2010-09-04

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Southernvagirl on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:54 pm

    Scott, I have looked "it" up and I know from what the reports say, it does cost more to deliver the needle...However,it makes me ill to know he is just down the road from me, still breathing the same air...WE will hear from this creep again,,,you mark my words. I would sleep better knowing he was sent to his maker....besides,,,just my opinion here, he doesnt deserve to live..He gave up his right when he BUTCHERED 4 PEOPLE. Now you have people writing to him, sending him comforts of home "books" and such and it is not fair to the ones who died...i respect all you guys opinion and have been with yall since the days of WS...just have been lurking, but now the deal is done and it makes me quite ill...

    Sponsored content

    Re: Sam in court today September 20, 2010

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:08 pm