Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+8
tapu
Percy
Heroine
TiffaniLane
blouAngel
AndresEscobar
ziggy
dangrsmind
12 posters

Poorhouse Road

AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Poorhouse Road - Page 2 Empty Re: Poorhouse Road

Post by AndresEscobar Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:04 pm

dangrsmind wrote:
    TiffaniLane wrote:or that the bodys were near the computer? i mean...hmm...maybe he did send pics, not saying he didn't, but on the other hand, he could have just happened to kill them in the room where the computer was located.

Or he could have moved the computer or handled it while covered with blood. Either way, depending on who's blood it is, this is the sort of thing that is pretty damning to McCroskey IMO.

If the red stains are blood . . .
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:14 pm

True, could be ketchup.
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:45 pm

dangrsmind wrote:True, could be ketchup.

Or the fake blood these people prance around in. bounce Basketball <-- those are the closest to prancing I could come up with.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:07 am

AndresEscobar wrote:
    dangrsmind wrote:True, could be ketchup.

Or the fake blood these people prance around in. bounce Basketball <-- those are the closest to prancing I could come up with.
    WTF!? WTF!?
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:55 am

In all honesty, the "red stains" we see on things in listed in the search warrants suggests to me that they were things Sam handled shortly after the murders. Or things that were hit with blood spray. What it doesn't suggest to me is that Sam used these things to document the murders. Sam had a digital camera on his person.

However, if Sam were to show a video stream of the murder to someone, he probably would have used the computer to do so. This adds some culpability to whomever he was talking.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:29 pm

AndresEscobar wrote:In all honesty, the "red stains" we see on things in listed in the search warrants suggests to me that they were things Sam handled shortly after the murders. Or things that were hit with blood spray. What it doesn't suggest to me is that Sam used these things to document the murders. Sam had a digital camera on his person.

However, if Sam were to show a video stream of the murder to someone, he probably would have used the computer to do so. This adds some culpability to whomever he was talking.

Good point.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:39 pm

If you have a digital video camera, you probably would hold the camera to shoot, then attach the camera to a PC with a USB cable to upload the videos. This would explain all of the known evidence IMO, but it obviously isn't enough alone to prove he actually did document the crime scene.
    TiffaniLane
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:40 pm

why go through the hassle tho when most phones do the same thing, vid and send without the need for cables?
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Do we know what kind of phone he had? I do know he had a "new" HD camera because he posted a video to YouTube right when he got it.
    TiffaniLane
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:13 pm

oh ok, well the lure of a new toy would have been enough to say bump the phone. And as far as phone, i'm not sure which he had on him off the top of my head but I did notice there were quite a few listed on the evidence sheet. Everyone's phones i'm assuming at that point?
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:21 pm

dangrsmind wrote:If you have a digital video camera, you probably would hold the camera to shoot, then attach the camera to a PC with a USB cable to upload the videos. This would explain all of the known evidence IMO, but it obviously isn't enough alone to prove he actually did document the crime scene.

Sure, or the computer could have a SD card drive. Regardless, I think in case such as this one with a lot of stuff online the seizure of all of the digital media and hard drives seems fairly standard. I also have my doubts that there will be much of anything found on the digital media outside of pictures from SFTW, pictures of Em, Sam, and Mel from the week, etc. In my opinion, the statements that Sam "may have documented the murders" were made because they had probable cause to believe this based on Sam's significant online footprint and Sam's involvement in hardcore in order to seize this stuff as per the warrant, not that they necessarily had evidence to believe he had actually taken pictures, videos, etc.
    TiffaniLane
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:32 pm

AndresEscobar wrote:
    dangrsmind wrote:If you have a digital video camera, you probably would hold the camera to shoot, then attach the camera to a PC with a USB cable to upload the videos. This would explain all of the known evidence IMO, but it obviously isn't enough alone to prove he actually did document the crime scene.

Sure, or the computer could have a SD card drive. Regardless, I think in case such as this one with a lot of stuff online the seizure of all of the digital media and hard drives seems fairly standard. I also have my doubts that there will be much of anything found on the digital media outside of pictures from SFTW, pictures of Em, Sam, and Mel from the week, etc. In my opinion, the statements that Sam "may have documented the murders" were made because they had probable cause to believe this based on Sam's significant online footprint and Sam's involvement in hardcore in order to seize this stuff as per the warrant, not that they necessarily had evidence to believe he had actually taken pictures, videos, etc.

That's what i'm thinking too. They had to grab it to make sure, but i'm not seeing a whole lot of evidence that he ever uploaded anything. Maybe he did I'm not sure, but wouldn't we have known by now IF he really did upload?
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:55 am

The police would not be happy with someone that released evidence like that if it exists.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:29 am

dangrsmind wrote:Blou wrote, "The first one, the one with Farmville in it goes to the location of Poorhouse Farm, which the road takes its name from. That farm was the actual Prince Edward County poorhouse farm. There were farms like that all over the state. A bit about it here under VIRGINIA L. AND CHARLIE LOUIS JONES, JR.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The second link is pretty close to the target. The house on the East side of the road immediately to the South was for sale recently and its address is 1408. It must have sold or been taken off the market, because I can't find it listed any more. I compared a Google street view with the picture and it was definitely that house. It looks like a factory built home set on a base with a fake stone surround. The link that used to work is this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] maybe someone who is both skeptical and motivated can track the picture down. Any lurking real estate agents with a MLS link?

Sam would have been very visible to any number of people if he were stuck across from any of those driveways. A car on a country road at night is audible for a good half mile and visible for more depending on the terrain and the positions of observer and observed. The houses are really pretty close together in the 1400's, which is why I earlier suggested he may have started to see too many houses and decided to turn back if he were looking for someplace secluded. If instead he was just hoping to finally get turned around, there were several opportunities. The fact that he did get stuck illustrates just what a pain it can be to try to turn around on a VA country road at night. I have been in exactly that same situation before and nearly been stuck.

Poorhouse Road most definitely doesn't go to Rice. It's only connection to Rice is that's where that area's mail is addressed. Its northern end is at US460, and its southern end is at what Google mistakenly calls county road 696. In Virginia, the only counties with county roads are Arlington and Henrico counties. The rest are all state roads unless they are within the limits of an incorporated city. Towns may have roads too I'm not sure and I digress.

Remember that until fairly recently, rural Virginia counties did not have 911 access, and therefore many, many of the roads had no names, just numbers. Even now that most roads are named, some people still refer to them by their old numeric names. Sam's behavior that night suggests two possibilities, to my mind: 1. I agree the theory that he might have been scoping out a place to hide and get some sleep before journeying on to Richmond, or 2. (and being a local, I have to say the following makes a lot of sense to me) -- there are a LOT of popular shortcuts from Farmville to Richmond, mainly used by those who commute for work or school. The shortcuts are tricky, and all involve rural roads/country roads. Now, I have no idea what route Mark and family took when bringing Sam from the airport the first time, but perhaps they used one of these shortcuts and Sam was attempting to retrace the route. Or, he may have asked locally what is another route to Richmond (perhaps he was trying to avoid 360 and other main roads, where he was more likely to be pulled over). If memory serves me correctly, there are lots of twists and turns involved in these shortcuts, and roads of a similar sound/rhythm might confuse. For example, there is one way to Richmond down Church Road, or Old Church Road. There is also a Pleasure House Road somewhere in the area. Red House Road, among others. An utter alien, and not in a stable sort of mind, Sam may have become confused/disoriented, and wound up taking the wrong road.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:11 am

360? I think you mean 460 right?
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:18 am

I'm thinking "tapu" should be plotted somewhere out there by the Dexter books.....

hmm. i wonder if i could parlay my benevolence into an exchange on one little question.... he would like to thank me personally.....
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:22 am

I will add you there, but beware you may end up linked elsewhere too Wink

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:28 am

dangrsmind wrote:360? I think you mean 460 right?

Another local bit of info! Wink The most straightforward way to get from Farmville to Richmond is 460 to Rice, then you get on 360 to Richmond. There are other ways to Rice, and many other ways to Richmond.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:29 am

If you stay on 460, you will head to Petersburg and then Norfolk. Though in Petersburg you can hit 95 to Washington or Richmond. Most people take the 360 exit to Richmond at Rice.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:41 am

Cool thanks. I see it.
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:54 am

dangrsmind wrote:I will add you there, but beware you may end up linked elsewhere too Wink

Well, I would HOPE so.
    piXy
    piXy

Post by piXy Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:28 pm

i bet he was on a computer somewhere bc i remember seeing his name pop up on AIM and then sign out on Wed and Thursday... Mels too on Thursday. I found out they had been missing on Friday.
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:37 pm

piXy wrote:i bet he was on a computer somewhere bc i remember seeing his name pop up on AIM and then sign out on Wed and Thursday... Mels too on Thursday. I found out they had been missing on Friday.

This is really interesting.
    piXy
    piXy

Post by piXy Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:55 pm

idk about emma bc i did not have her on any IMs i just talked to her on Myspace or WIR
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:13 am

WIR chat?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am