Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+14
ericclimbs
Percy
FARMVILLIAN
wadahoot
Heroine
blouAngel
ziggy
DoctorZ
dangrsmind
ROCKDAWG
AndresEscobar
piXy
tapu
Peace
18 posters

Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging

Peace
    Peace

Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging Empty Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging

Post by Peace Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think this if very interesting.

This is the new buzz in Farmville.

Last edited by Peace on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    tapu
    tapu

Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging Empty Re: Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging

Post by tapu Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:20 pm

omg, the list of personal effects just tears my heart out. what's left of a family. man.... Sad

Last edited by tapu on Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    piXy
    piXy

Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging Empty Re: Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging

Post by piXy Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:43 pm

You couldnt pay me to live in that house.....
    Peace
    Peace

Post by Peace Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:59 pm

All new floors on the first floor except the kitchen and bath.
    The house seems to belong to both of them.
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:15 pm

I wonder how much it will go for. It's a beautiful house, that's for sure.
    piXy
    piXy

Post by piXy Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:45 pm

Peace wrote:All new floors on the first floor except the kitchen and bath.
    The house seems to belong to both of them.

I would hope so.....
    ROCKDAWG
    ROCKDAWG

Post by ROCKDAWG Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:33 pm

Hmm, This just makes me wonder how the history of the house will affect the sale ?
    I'm supposing any bidder there will know of or at least hear some murmurs about it's history.
    But it would be bad to come in as an investor and win this property and then here later about its history !
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:58 pm

I believe there are laws governing disclosure in such a case, but others may be able to answer more specifically to this.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:10 pm

That's the law in California for sure. But people break the law all the time.
    Peace
    Peace

Post by Peace Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:16 pm

I have no idea if it is law here or not.
    Anyone know how to look that up?
    DoctorZ

Post by DoctorZ Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm trying to look it up, but I'm pretty sure that here in Virginia the seller only has to tell the buyer if they ask.
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:20 pm

Whether it's law or not, I can't imagine any real estate agent not revealing the history in this case. It is too recent and too horrific. Obviously any buyer would find out soon enough and may have legal recourse whether disclosure was required or not. But let's say that isn't how it would work out. Even so, the realtor probably wouldn't be trusted by a lot of local buyers or sellers after pulling that one. Some short-sighted realtor may try it, but it's not exactly prudent.
    ROCKDAWG
    ROCKDAWG

Post by ROCKDAWG Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:26 pm

You'd think a real wierdo would be interested in this house. Also , it would make for a good horrocore recording studio , no ? Something along the lines of "Killa's4real Studios" or some such...............
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Not quite Headley Grange but maybe...
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:36 pm

ROCKDAWG wrote:You'd think a real wierdo would be interested in this house. ...............

Ha ha! I think WE might think that way, but that most people don't. Smile
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:55 pm

ugh, that is heartbreaking.

Doesn't say anything about new carpet upstairs. Guess there wasn't a body upstairs? Where downstairs was the fourth body? How did the cops miss that when they made their visit inside to check the basement.

I wish there was a better picture of the back of the house.

Thanks Peace for posting this.
    ROCKDAWG
    ROCKDAWG

Post by ROCKDAWG Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:10 am

it'd be interesting to take a blacklight into that house at night. I'm betting theres still DNA to be seen..........
    ROCKDAWG
    ROCKDAWG

Post by ROCKDAWG Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:11 am

ziggy wrote:ugh, that is heartbreaking.

Doesn't say anything about new carpet upstairs. Guess there wasn't a body upstairs? Where downstairs was the fourth body? How did the cops miss that when they made their visit inside to check the basement.

I thought it was the upstairs that they had to air out ? Window left open ? Wasn't that upstairs ????
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:00 am

Nope I think that was downstairs. See the pics on the 505 First Ave. thread.
    What I find so sad is the kind of personal stuff on there...dishes, a bowl and collectables that really meant something to someone...AND, Prince Albert tobacco cans. Couldn't help but go back to the prank phone call in my mind Smile Had to have that comedic relief because the sadness that surrounds an entire family being wiped out is just too much.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:46 am

ROCKDAWG wrote:it'd be interesting to take a blacklight into that house at night. I'm betting theres still DNA to be seen..........
    I had thought of the same thing about possible DNA still in the home, I wonder if the clean-up crew rechecks if they got all of the DNA laying or spattered around.
    I find it quite morbid to even auction the house off. Why not just destroy it? or perhaps the sell of the house...the proceeds will go back to the family's relatives?
    Everytime I went looking to rent a house and then later when I went house hunting to buy, I always asked if anybody died or was killed in the house. I asked the history behind it. Most of the times, I was told. Fortunately, nothing happened. But, some houses gave off a wierd vibe, even if it would have been less money.
    The more I look at the Niederbrocks' (sp) house, the more it looks like a house from a horror movie, but that is my opinion.
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:34 am

maunsapt wrote:
    ROCKDAWG wrote:it'd be interesting to take a blacklight into that house at night. I'm betting theres still DNA to be seen..........
    I had thought of the same thing about possible DNA still in the home, I wonder if the clean-up crew rechecks if they got all of the DNA laying or spattered around.
    I find it quite morbid to even auction the house off. Why not just destroy it? or perhaps the sell of the house...the proceeds will go back to the family's relatives?
    Everytime I went looking to rent a house and then later when I went house hunting to buy, I always asked if anybody died or was killed in the house. I asked the history behind it. Most of the times, I was told. Fortunately, nothing happened. But, some houses gave off a wierd vibe, even if it would have been less money.
    The more I look at the Niederbrocks' (sp) house, the more it looks like a house from a horror movie, but that is my opinion.

The problem is it costs money to destroy the house. Who would pay for that? The family took everything out that they wanted. They sell the house, its fixtures, and some personal effects. Family gets the money for the estate. Buyer gets a piece of real estate at probably a lower price. They can destroy the house and rebuild it if they're superstitious or otherwise freaked out by the house.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:51 am

AndresEscobar wrote:
    maunsapt wrote:

The problem is it costs money to destroy the house. Who would pay for that? The family took everything out that they wanted. They sell the house, its fixtures, and some personal effects. Family gets the money for the estate. Buyer gets a piece of real estate at probably a lower price. They can destroy the house and rebuild it if they're superstitious or otherwise freaked out by the house.

Ahh, I had not thought of the cost of destroying a home. You are right, and who would pay for it? No idea. It is sad all the same anyway, for the family having to go through all of that.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Who are the survivors? Was the murdered daughter the couple's only child?
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Emma was an only child.
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:11 pm

ROCKDAWG wrote:
    ziggy wrote:ugh, that is heartbreaking.

I thought it was the upstairs that they had to air out ? Window left open ? Wasn't that upstairs ????

My suspicion is that was the upstairs on what looks like an old garage conversion, the wing to the left in the street view of the house. The auction listing mentions an upstairs storage attic with stairs. I mentioned it before on the last forum, but the upstairs on that part of the house would be a very awkward room for most purposes. That wing is probably about 15' feet wide inside. That's pretty common because of 16' joists. 45 degree roof line from just above floor level (compare to the top of the lower window and you can see where the upper floor is approximately) means little headroom. My guess is that's the storage room. Where exactly the stairs may be isn't clear to me, but I'm pretty sure that's the storage place and likely where the upstairs body(ies) were found. If the floor were replaced, it would be cheap and not a selling point to mention. Someone did write a long time ago that the windows there were open to air out the place.

I spent 20 years +- as a professional cabinet maker and I've been in a lot of houses and kitchens in particular. My thought re: house layout. I may be wrong,but those types of houses are all pretty similar. (i've also gone through the painful ordeal known as architecture school)

THESE ARE GUESSES, NOT KNOWN FACTS If I can go to the auction or preview, I will sketch and draw real plans of the house.
    Peace, if you can comment on these, it will help and I may be able to draw a floor plan before seeing the house. I'll try to wrk one out anyway and post if before long to see if we can work it out.

Left and Right all refer to view from the front.
    The house is 60's -70's construction, with a 80's renovation that may have converted a garage and extended the house in the back.
    Partial basement means the original house. That gives rough dimensions of that.
    Breakfast nook is back left corner of the house, it also serves as entry, likely the family's main entrance. Only guests and police use the front door.
    Stairs more or less straight ahead when you go in the front door. Entry to the basement is staircase below them. it goes down towards the front of the house.
    Kitchen is at right rear of the house. Pantry and basement entry are between breakfast nook and kitchen.
    Living room is to the left after entry from the front door. (see chimney location)
    Den is the connector between the wing and main house. (second chimney to left from front)
    Two bedrooms are in lower wing. Hallway may be between. Looks like it would fit, but still can't figure out how it works with stairs.
    Master bedroom at rear of upstairs with closet on right end.
    I can't figure out what the front right room would be. I used to live in a house very similar to that, and it was a bedroom.

Places I think I may be wrong:
    I put the breakfast nook at the (back) entry. It's commonly, but not always that way. Doors suck in kitchen space, but not so bad in casual eating space.
    There may only be one bedroom in the far left wing with another in the front right, but that doesn't make sense to me. Front right is too far from the kitchen to make sense as formal dining. Kitchens are never in the front. My guess is that the bathroom is between the front right room and the one behind it, but it's a full bath, may not fit there and may be in the left wing. There is a plumbing vent it seems coming out of the roof thee, but that's kind of far away from everything else for a full bath.

Just thinking out loud so to speak, so comment and let's see what we can work up for a floor plan. I'm going to work outside enjoy the first real sun of the new year. You all are welcome to come join me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm