Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+9
piXy
DoctorZ
Percy
Heroine
ziggy
LoveEndsWar
blouAngel
the tapu
claudicici
13 posters

Emma's photobucket

ziggy
    ziggy

Emma's photobucket - Page 3 Empty Re: Emma's photobucket

Post by ziggy Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Learn something new every day Smile
    the tapu
    the tapu

Post by the tapu Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:09 pm

dangrsmind wrote:The population of Bambooka is less than 50 people and they are all natives if I recall correctly.

Gosh, then, Bambooka City must not be very big!! All-night grocery stores are my minimum size requirement in a place to live.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:29 pm

Next question: does anyone really use a hooka to smoke regular old tobacco? It conjurs up only mood altering substances being smoked therein to me...anyone?
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:02 pm

actually there's a bunch of hooka bars here and the kids smoke flavored tobacco...
    that's not what they smoke at home though... Emma's photobucket - Page 3 93664
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:05 pm

Same here.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:07 pm

What? They smoke indoors??? Do they have those here dangrs? I thought there could be no smoking inside any public place. So Hooka smoke is OK but cigarettes are not...freaking government.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:09 pm

There are several hookah bars in San Francisco and you are not allowed to smoke weed in them. The smokers have a separate area from the employees therefore they do not break the law. I've heard rumors of some folks sneaking a bit of bud in there from time to time, but that would just be a rumor...
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:22 pm

ziggy wrote:What? They smoke indoors??? Do they have those here dangrs? I thought there could be no smoking inside any public place. So Hooka smoke is OK but cigarettes are not...freaking government.

Some states governments outlawed smoking in public places. That's not a federal law. In those states where smoking in public places are outlawed, there are exceptions to allow places like hookah bars, cigar bars, etc, to continue to operate. Usually, this is done by designating the area as a "private club". Typically, you'll pay a "membership fee" to use these places.

This makes sense for a few reasons. First of all, putting these businesses out of business is not the goal of any legislation. Second, the main goal is to protect "innocent" patrons and employees from second-hand smoke. As Dangrs said, they usually screen off the area from employees. If the business sole purpose is for smoking, you can't argue that people in there are inadvertently breathing in the second hand smoke.

Now, yes, people smoke tobacco out of hookah. Mostly college students. It's a great way to get mono in my opinion.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:38 pm

So, one could open up a cigarett smoking private "club" just like these hookah bars and cigar bars? I find it hard to believe that in California you would actually be able to do that, but I don't see the difference in that and cigar and pipe smoke. I might have to look into this! Cigarette smokers speak easy - I bet there are a lot of smokers who miss having a cig. along with their cocktail. I would make it all retro ala Mad Men. A total throwback to the movement. I'm a Maverick, lol. Wink Emma's photobucket - Page 3 Icon_wink
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:38 pm

ziggy wrote:So, one could open up a cigarett smoking private "club" just like these hookah bars and cigar bars? I find it hard to believe that in California you would actually be able to do that, but I don't see the difference in that and cigar and pipe smoke. I might have to look into this! Cigarette smokers speak easy - I bet there are a lot of smokers who miss having a cig. along with their cocktail. I would make it all retro ala Mad Men. A total throwback to the movement. I'm a Maverick, lol. Wink Emma's photobucket - Page 3 Icon_wink

You can still smoke in private clubs, at least in IL.
    DoctorZ

Post by DoctorZ Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:13 pm

ziggy wrote:So, one could open up a cigarett smoking private "club" just like these hookah bars and cigar bars? I find it hard to believe that in California you would actually be able to do that, but I don't see the difference in that and cigar and pipe smoke. I might have to look into this! Cigarette smokers speak easy - I bet there are a lot of smokers who miss having a cig. along with their cocktail. I would make it all retro ala Mad Men. A total throwback to the movement. I'm a Maverick, lol. Wink Emma's photobucket - Page 3 Icon_wink

In Virginia, if you can prove that your income is tied to smoking, yes, you could have a bar like that. By that I mean you know the right people to get around the law.

A lot of people will smoke from a hookah that hate cigarettes. The flavored stuff tastes much better and is much smoother.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:26 pm

I know someone that operates a speakeasy in SF and you can smoke and drink there. They also served absinthe before it was legalized. Mostly electronic and industrial music tho.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:08 am

Smoking tobacco is bad for you.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:48 pm

so is eating bacon, driving, unprotected sex, breathing the fumes of any housecleaning products, new capreting, nail salon chemicals, smog, paint fumes etc.; going into the hospital because of pneumonia and staff infections, getting the flu, taking prescription drugs, coloring your hair, oreos, corn syrup, not getting enough fiber....
    There are so many things that are bad for us. Some people NEVER smoke or are around it and die from lung cancer. Some smoke into their senior years and never get it??? Who knows.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:47 pm

Ziggy, I was just joking. I oppose the vilification of smokers. Some of my best friends smoke various things...

But that is a good track. Just needed to post it. Razz
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:15 pm

Oh Smile Emma's photobucket - Page 3 418352 Sorry I must be PMS today...I am ready to bitch at everyone! Look out.
    Emma's photobucket - Page 3 894413
    the tapu
    the tapu

Post by the tapu Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:51 pm

ziggy wrote:so is eating bacon, driving, unprotected sex, breathing the fumes of any housecleaning products, new capreting, nail salon chemicals, smog, paint fumes etc.; going into the hospital because of pneumonia and staff infections, getting the flu, taking prescription drugs, coloring your hair, oreos, corn syrup, not getting enough fiber....
    There are so many things that are bad for us. Some people NEVER smoke or are around it and die from lung cancer. Some smoke into their senior years and never get it??? Who knows.

Ah! But what if the Anthony's smoked??

(just kidding, zig. don't kill me.)
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:47 am

ziggy wrote:so is eating bacon, driving, unprotected sex, breathing the fumes of any housecleaning products, new capreting, nail salon chemicals, smog, paint fumes etc.; going into the hospital because of pneumonia and staff infections, getting the flu, taking prescription drugs, coloring your hair, oreos, corn syrup, not getting enough fiber....

Do not speak ill of bacon.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:51 am

See South Park Season 14, Episode 3: Medicinal Fried Chicken

It's available on demand now, and online on May 1st here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:52 am

Emma's photobucket - Page 3 130642
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:36 pm

the tapu wrote:

Ah! But what if the Anthony's smoked??

(just kidding, zig. don't kill me.)
    Ha ha, I'd rather see them smoke than chomp on that gum in court. I was a big gum chewer until I saw in Brittany Spears and the Anthonys how awful it looks. I've switched to mints Smile
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Bacon, bacon, bacon! Andres I would only speak ill of bacon bits.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:48 pm

Speaking of bacon...

Emma's photobucket - Page 3 L
    Hunan Bacon -- so good but so bad.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:05 pm

oh I thought it said "human bacon",I thought wow,where'd you get that picture...
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:17 pm

Ummm no....

Maybe Metzgermeister could help you out on that one.

Hunan bacon is Chinese style bacon cut in thick slabs which is soaked in hot chili oil for 24 hours and then cooked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content