Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+10
DoctorZ
ericclimbs
blouAngel
ladyg
ziggy
Heroine
claudicici
Percy
14 posters

Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one

ziggy
    ziggy

Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 Empty Re: Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one

Post by ziggy Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:48 pm

OK well I'm in here downing frigging shots of tequila. I just got back from my eye exam because I can't see anymore and the prognosis is that I'm just old - fuck - and I had to get glasses. My vanity is suffering big time. The cool black frames make me look very smart they said. I'm already very smart so there (insert cuss words)- and the Sarah Palin looking glasses looked horrible. So I went with smart black frames with some bling on the side. GAWD, it was like picking out a wedding dress or something because they cost more than eithere of my wedding dresses did LOL. Eye exam, plus lenses plus frames $610.00.

Shoot me now.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 Empty Re: Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one

Post by claudicici Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:31 pm

Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 316827 wow ziggy that's a lot of money for something you don't really want....
    losing eye sight is such a phobia for me...my right eye is a lazy eye so i don't really see with it so i'm always afraid i'll lose eyesight in my left eye...I wouldn't care if i can't talk anymore or lose limbs or sit in a wheelchair,i don't think i'd want to live if i couldn't see...vision is most definetely my favorite sense.....

Last edited by claudicici on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:41 pm

ziggy wrote:OK well I'm in here downing frigging shots of tequila. I just got back from my eye exam because I can't see anymore and the prognosis is that I'm just old - fuck - and I had to get glasses. My vanity is suffering big time. The cool black frames make me look very smart they said. I'm already very smart so there (insert cuss words)- and the Sarah Palin looking glasses looked horrible. So I went with smart black frames with some bling on the side. GAWD, it was like picking out a wedding dress or something because they cost more than eithere of my wedding dresses did LOL. Eye exam, plus lenses plus frames $610.00.

Shoot me now.

Awww my Zigster. Maybe you can get contacts, I like them better than glasses. Everyone I know got the laser correction surgery but I dont feel good about it, in 20 years these people could grow tumors in their eyes, plus the guy who invented it still wears coke bottle glasses and so does his son. Go figure. A lot of people have benefitted from it and its getting better but I still dont like the idea yet and will stick with my contacts.

Also you READ A LOT and thats probably why your eyes are getting weak. That said, GOOGLE eye exercises they really can help, everytime your doctor makes your glasses script stronger it makes your eyes weaker. I NOW WEAR what is called PINHOLE GLASSES, google it, I wear them around the house and when I am at he comp, they strengthen the eyes and they DO WORK I dont care what anyone says my eyes have improved since I started exercises and wearing pinhole glasses.

Pinhole glasses are like 10 bucks online, read about the science behind them, its real and I have gotten REAL RESULTS.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:44 pm

How pinhole glasses
    work

To fully appreciate how pinhole
    glasses work it is
    necessary to understand how the eye processes light
    rays to
    form an image.

How
    the eye works:

Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 Dot
    Light enters through
    the
    cornea - a convex transparent membrane that covers
    the
    eyeball. Its curved shape allows light entering
    from
    different angles to be concentrated into a beam of
    light
    that enters the pupil.
    Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 Dot
    The pupil regulates
    the
    amount of light that enters the eye, and passes
    the beam
    of light into the lens
    The lens focuses the
    beam of
    light through the vitreous humour and onto the
    retina near
    the back of the eyeball. The ciliary muscle
    controls the
    lens so to give it the right shape to enable exact

focusing of the image on the retina.
    On reaching the
    retina, that
    is the part of the eye that is actually sensitive
    to
    light, it transmits the information to the optic
    nerve,
    which in turn sends the image to the brain.
    Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 PERSON-5Perfect
    vision in the unaided eye requires the eye lens
    to focus light rays from diverse angles into a
    single
    pinpoint directly on the retina at the back of the
    eye. For
    sufferers of refractive eye disorders, where the eye
    lens is
    too weak or the cornea or eyeball is misshapen,
    divergent
    light rays become focused in front of or behind the
    retina,
    casting an unfocused image onto the retina itself.
    This
    unfocused area of light is known as the 'blur
    circle'.

Pinhole glasses work by reducing
    the diversity of angles
    from which light rays can enter the eyes, allowing
    only
    direct light rays within a narrow angular path to
    strike the
    cornea. The lenses of pinhole glasses are perforated
    with an
    array of equally spaced minute holes of approx 1mm -
    1.5mm
    in diameter. In contrast the average diameter of the
    pupil
    in normal daylight conditions is about 4mm. Each
    pinhole
    allows only direct rays through, and it is the
    amalgamation
    of these direct rays that make up a concentrated
    beam of
    light that enters the pupil. When this restricted
    light beam
    passes through the pupil and into the eye lens, the
    effects
    of any refractive eye disorders are reduced as the
    'blur
    circle' on the retina is proportionally smaller. The

resulting visual image is one of increased clarity,
    definition and brightness.

Pinhole glasses are based on the
    principle of natural
    reflexes as the same effect is achieved when you
    squint to
    try and see more clearly. Your eyelids close around
    the top
    and bottom of your eyes, filtering out light rays
    reaching
    your pupil from these angles. Only light from your
    central
    area of vision and to the left and right sides can
    now enter
    your eye. The image you see is often sharper with a
    greater
    depth of resolution, and is generally brighter as
    there is a
    narrower range of light levels to contrast against
    each
    other. Wearing pinhole glasses is of course much
    less
    stressful on the eye than squinting, and is far more

efficient at blocking extraneous light rays to
    produce a
    sharper and brighter image on your eye.

Instant vision
    improvement

For people who have been diagnosed with myopia,
    hyperopia,
    presbyopia, astigmatism or cataracts, pinhole
    glasses offer
    instant relief through better vision. You'll really
    notice
    the difference when focusing in the middle to long
    distance,
    such as when watching TV or reading from a classroom

blackboard. Users of pinhole glasses report almost
    perfect
    vision and have little difficulty reading words or
    seeing
    definition in a TV image WITHOUT THEIR PRESCRIPTION
    SPECTACLES.

Pinhole glasses do have some
    limitations to their uses.
    As the amount of light entering the eye is reduced
    it is
    strongly recommended that they are used in good
    lighting
    conditions. For instance, when reading a book make
    sure you
    have a good reading lamp close by. It should also be
    noted
    that pinhole glasses restrict peripheral vision, so
    they
    should not be used for tasks that require you to be
    in
    motion, such as driving. It is also recommended that
    they
    not be used as a substitute for sunglasses, as there
    is no
    protection against the sun's harmful UV rays. Just
    as with all other glasses - NEVER USE THEM TO STARE DIRECTLY AT THE
    SUN, as this will cause blindness by painlessly
    burning and
    destroying the light sensitive cells on your eye's
    retina.

Young people who are very
    far-sighted and need to refine
    their visual acuity unaided, should certainly not
    consider
    pinhole glasses, or for that matter, any other
    visual aid to
    assist their eyesight. It is important for sufferers
    of this
    condition to naturally overcome their
    far-sightedness by
    giving them every opportunity to build strength into
    their
    ciliary eye muscles. This will enable them to reduce
    their
    far-sightedness down to more manageable levels.

Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 Product2

pinhole-glasses.com
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Waaaa, he said not contacts because I need them for near and far. I used to wear just one contact for reading.

I have severe eye strain from school and work. I will Google the pinhole glasses because I believe I can get these eyes stronger I really do.

I used to work for Dr. Ming Wang in Nashville - I ran his LASIK center after he split from Vanderbilt. He's a genius. LASIK is great if your need corneal shape correction that makes you nearsighted, but my distance vision was always 20/20 and the MD today said with age it goes because of loss of strength. I understand the loss of strength in moving a lens to accommodate near vision when you get over 40, but it seems impossible to me that it could affect distance vision that much.

Even though I worked for a premier LASIK surgeon, - I wouldn't do it...not for what I have now. If I were 20 I'd go for it because I'd have at least 20 years to be glasses free. I was glasses free for 42 years, so I'm lucky but I'm just having a huge pity party now.

I will have to find a way to rock these new sexy glasses. It will be return of the naughty librarian very soon. Maybe naughty law student, but not too naughty , you know the Bar and all that.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:51 pm

HEY - WHEN I WAS HAVING TROUBLE READING ONE LINE - the MD today did that - he pinholed the lens I was looking through and it cleared it up. Wow.

I'm afraid there is just no sexy in wearing those however.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:52 pm

I love it when you talk dirty. Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 130642
    the tapu
    the tapu

Post by the tapu Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:13 pm

claudicici wrote:Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 316827 wow ziggy that's a lot of money for something you don't really want....
    loosing eye sight is such a phobia for me...my right eye is a lazy eye so i don't really see with it so i'm always afraid i'll loose eyesight in my left eye...I wouldn't care if i can't talk anymore or loose limbs or sit in a wheelchair,i don't think i'd want to live if i couldn't see...vision is most definetely my favorite sense.....

Interesting. I think I've read that people who go blind usually manage well with not withdrawing from life, but people who go deaf have a devestating time in that they lose connection from life.

p.s. I think a "lazy eye" on a woman is kind of sexy. That may sound strange, but you can't help what turns you on.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:00 pm

I 've read that also,that really surprises me,i really do think i would much rather lose sound than sight...
    ...I don't think you can see my lazy eye looking at me,it just falls in a little bit ,i was supposed to wear the pirate patch when i was a kid but i never did because i couldn't see with it on...I mostly have a problem driving and I can't see those 3 D movies....I'm gonna look into those pinhole glasses,thanks pax ,that sounds interesting.....
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:15 pm

MOST DEFINITELY look in to those PINHOLE glasses Claudi, they really do strengthen your eyes and I have had amazing success with them, I went down a few scripts on my last eye check up and THAT IS UNHEARD OF, most everyone always gets a stronger script each time they go to the eye doctor and this weakens your eyes further, its really bad, and I actually did show real improvement by wearing pinhole glasses all day around the house and when I am on comp and watching TV, my eyes got stronger again instead of weaker which is what script glasses do to them.

Last edited by Paximus on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:46 pm

CAn this be the I'm drunk thread too?! I'm intoxicated and, well I think this is the appropriate place to talk about it...haha!
    Claudia, What do you think?
    Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 Icon_smile
    AND you guys are really OFF TOPIC!!!...haha Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 664467 Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 702235 Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 48183 Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 43844 Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 533128 Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 785599
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:13 am

Lets get drunk and rowdy and start fights! Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 130642
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:23 am

Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 Lol Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 664467 are are you you seeing seeing double double ??
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:24 am

...oh and ziggy,every sexy law student should wear glasses I thought that was the standard.... Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 Icon_flower
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:26 am

claudicici wrote:Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 Lol Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 664467 are are you you seeing seeing double double ??
    No not not yet yeeeet! Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 Lol Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 664467 Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 702235
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:27 am

claudicici wrote:...oh and ziggy,every sexy law student should wear glasses I thought that was the standard.... Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 Icon_flower
    Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 18478 Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 918639 Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 43844
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:56 am

Heroine wrote:
    claudicici wrote:Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 Lol Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 664467 are are you you seeing seeing double double ??
    No not not yet yeeeet! Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 Lol Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 664467 Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 702235
    Naval shot time!
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:28 pm

Its a LOUNGE and we need a Saloon so pull up a chair for a cold one - Page 4 Body-s10Woo hoo!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content