Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

5 posters

Dancing With The Stars new season line up

ziggy
    ziggy

Dancing With The Stars new season line up Empty Dancing With The Stars new season line up

Post by ziggy Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Astronaut Buzz Aldrin will be hitting the dance floor with Ashly Costa (formerly known as Ashly DelGrosso).
    Pamela Anderson and "DWTS" newbie Damian Whitewood will be dancing together when the show starts up again. Maksim Chmerkovskiy will be paired with ESPN's Erin Andrews. And Shannen Doherty will be gliding on the floor with two-time winner Mark Ballas.

Other teams include reality-TV mom Kate Gosselin and Tony Dovolani, Olympic gold-medal figure skater Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya, and "Reno 911" star Niecy Nash and Louis Van Amstel.
    The 11 teams will be rounded out by Cincinnati Bengals player Chad Ochocinco and two-time champ Cheryl Burke, "The Bachelor" star Jake Pavelka and Chelsie Hightower, Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger and season-seven winner Derek Hough, and finally "All My Children" star Aiden Turner and Edyta Sliwinska.

OMG - Pamela Anderson this should be good. The costume designers are salivating right now Smile

I hardly think it's fair to put Buz Aldren up against Nicole Scherzinger, and especially when she's partnered with Derek.

Kate Gosslin? Barf. At least my little friend Anna got a good partner!

Dancing With The Stars new season line up Empty Re: Dancing With The Stars new season line up

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:40 pm

I need to be on that show so I can learn how to dance.

What an odd group.
    ladyg
    ladyg

Dancing With The Stars new season line up Empty Re: Dancing With The Stars new season line up

Post by ladyg Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:43 pm

oooooooooooog Shannon Doherty.... I like her...lol

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:22 pm

ladyg wrote:oooooooooooog Shannon Doherty.... I like her...lol

I wonder if she's going to punch anybody out on the show?
    ladyg
    ladyg

Post by ladyg Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:48 pm

The Kay wrote:

heeheee
    Wes
    Wes

Post by Wes Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:44 pm

The Kay wrote:

If she did I'd put my money on it being Kate Gosselin.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:26 pm

Wes wrote:
    The Kay wrote:

If she did I'd put my money on it being Kate Gosselin.

Doherty should be interesting, she is the kind of chick you just want to ****, kinda bitchy and appealing because of it if I speak freely lol.

In any case, I can see why Zigster would be in to that show but I have to admit I have never watched a single episode and have no idea what its even about but I can say the same for American Idol, perhaps I will watch this time around as the lineup sounds interesting.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:46 am

Of course I like to watch it and I know people on it, and get some good behind the scenes stories etc. The main reason I love it is that I know HOW HARD it is to get someone to do what those instructors get those contestants to do and in such a short time.

I am also quite fascinated by the fact that the instructors who are the viewing public favorites would not beat some of the other instructors in a real life ballroom event. They are clearly not the best dancers but they have that x factor when it comes to performing and the untrained eye will not know the difference.

It has also given my world some validation. Back in the day, in my early twenties (like 10 years ago Smile ) I would tell people that I was a ballroom dance instructor and they would stare at me and then ask, "you mean like with old people"? It was a sub culture no one knew much about except that Lawrence Welk was probably figured into the picture somehow.

Then several years ago I was at the Redwood Bagel shop in Novato that has pictures of Joe Montana and Steve Young everywhere and these two jockular types were getting their food and discussing the merits of Jerry Rice's quickstep versus his jive and I almost fell over!!!! My obsession had gone mainstream. It was quite a moment....."NO NOT LIKE WITH OLD PEOPLE YOU TARDS" ha ha ha ha . Dancing With The Stars new season line up Icon_cheers
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:27 am

ziggy wrote:Of course I like to watch it and I know people on it, and get some good behind the scenes stories etc. The main reason I love it is that I know HOW HARD it is to get someone to do what those instructors get those contestants to do and in such a short time.

I am also quite fascinated by the fact that the instructors who are the viewing public favorites would not beat some of the other instructors in a real life ballroom event. They are clearly not the best dancers but they have that x factor when it comes to performing and the untrained eye will not know the difference.

It has also given my world some validation. Back in the day, in my early twenties (like 10 years ago Smile ) I would tell people that I was a ballroom dance instructor and they would stare at me and then ask, "you mean like with old people"? It was a sub culture no one knew much about except that Lawrence Welk was probably figured into the picture somehow.

Then several years ago I was at the Redwood Bagel shop in Novato that has pictures of Joe Montana and Steve Young everywhere and these two jockular types were getting their food and discussing the merits of Jerry Rice's quickstep versus his jive and I almost fell over!!!! My obsession had gone mainstream. It was quite a moment....."NO NOT LIKE WITH OLD PEOPLE YOU TARDS" ha ha ha ha . Dancing With The Stars new season line up Icon_cheers

Sweet story, e hve a lot of "great gatsbys" on here, people who haved lived the life of ten people and still hve many years left, its a great group and your insight on dancing is fascinating, Ihve seen Jerry Rice dance and he is VERY TALENTED on the floor.

To bad this all happened after your heyday or you may have been on that show, I really believe it!

Thanks for sharing and now you have me interested, I will be asking questions along the way as I watched so check in and help me out lol.

Love ya Zigster, if we werent hitched id be all over ya.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:03 am

Yes! I would have been on that show! I have to figure out how to get some of my dance vids that are on VHS onto my computer without spending a bunch of money...any ideas? I'm very computer saavy so if anyone can give me the gist of what I need I'll figure it out.
    Dancing With The Stars new season line up Smiley10
    You are a cool cat urself.

Oh and Jerry Rice...not so good. I was kind of shocked and I LOVE JERRY (49er fan) but there have been a few other football players that put him to shame on that show.

It is much, much harder to be the man in that situation because of the lead responsibility. A good male instructor can just mold those women into doing what he wants and putting her where she needs to be. The male role requires more and for an amateur to have to take that on is pretty hard and yet the men on that show do so well I can hardly believe it.

I can hopefully watch the episodes online (no TV) and give you all my best commentary and educate you a bit on the skill and art of partner dancing!
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:38 am

ziggy wrote:Yes! I would have been on that show! I have to figure out how to get some of my dance vids that are on VHS onto my computer without spending a bunch of money...any ideas? I'm very computer saavy so if anyone can give me the gist of what I need I'll figure it out.
    Dancing With The Stars new season line up Smiley10
    You are a cool cat urself.

Oh and Jerry Rice...not so good. I was kind of shocked and I LOVE JERRY (49er fan) but there have been a few other football players that put him to shame on that show.

It is much, much harder to be the man in that situation because of the lead responsibility. A good male instructor can just mold those women into doing what he wants and putting her where she needs to be. The male role requires more and for an amateur to have to take that on is pretty hard and yet the men on that show do so well I can hardly believe it.

I can hopefully watch the episodes online (no TV) and give you all my best commentary and educate you a bit on the skill and art of partner dancing!

A friend of mind makes a living doing lectures and had all his shit on VHS and just recently starting put them on DVD which then can easily be made in to videos on the net, he is frugal so I know its cheap, I will ask him tomorrow how he does it and let you know, I would be thrilled to see your heyday on the ballroom floor, truly. Ill let you know soon as I find out but I know its cheap and easy.

Off the top of myhead I think it somehow involved a DUAL VHS and DVD player which can be found at walmart for about 30 bucks, what he does from there I do not know but they all end up on DVD and then he makes youtube videos, he is not computer savvy so its simple.

Last edited by Paximus on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:00 am

Excellent thanks!!! I will contact him. Ha you must be up with Uri or burning the midnight oil for work. I just finished reading Torts for tomorrow on Defamation and what a cluster fuck! Pardon my language but my eyeballs are rolling around in my head after trying to figure out private/public/newsworthiness/actual malice/ issue and then the whole invasion of privacy issue too. Dancing With The Stars new season line up Icon_study OMG the more recent cases just go on and on and on repeatitively. God please tell me I'll make it through this and Third Pary Beneficiaries. Midterms are starting to look like child's play and I only have 4 weeks before finals so....

If I am not around much I have put myself on time out to kick ass on finals so that I can get an internship at the DA's office or a better job in a law office or firm. Grades are everything (especially when you are a woman of a certain age) - they are my ticket to places I would not normally be allowed Smile Dancing With The Stars new season line up 305840

And now if you will all just hum the Theme to Rocky in your heads.. I'll be off to get some sleep zzzzzzzzzz Dancing With The Stars new season line up Sleep
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:26 am

ziggy wrote:Excellent thanks!!! I will contact him. Ha you must be up with Uri or burning the midnight oil for work. I just finished reading Torts for tomorrow on Defamation and what a cluster fuck! Pardon my language but my eyeballs are rolling around in my head after trying to figure out private/public/newsworthiness/actual malice/ issue and then the whole invasion of privacy issue too. Dancing With The Stars new season line up Icon_study OMG the more recent cases just go on and on and on repeatitively. God please tell me I'll make it through this and Third Pary Beneficiaries. Midterms are starting to look like child's play and I only have 4 weeks before finals so....

If I am not around much I have put myself on time out to kick ass on finals so that I can get an internship at the DA's office or a better job in a law office or firm. Grades are everything (especially when you are a woman of a certain age) - they are my ticket to places I would not normally be allowed Smile Dancing With The Stars new season line up 305840

And now if you will all just hum the Theme to Rocky in your heads.. I'll be off to get some sleep zzzzzzzzzz Dancing With The Stars new season line up Sleep

I have insomnia terrible, in addition to working a big case right now which I am not actually in the courtroom but working out strategy behind the scenes and wiriting all the motions and briefs and working out the jury pool we want and who we want to strike and basiclly drafting cross examn questions from taped depositions, I have the baby AND my 90 year old grandfather recently moved in with us because everyone else wanted to put him in a nursing home and I didnt have the heart for it, so I moved him in with us, he has chrons disease terrible and needs to be lifted to the potty all day and night too weak to walk himself, but still sharp mentally as a needle and a nursing home would kill him he loves family so we moved him in here and atke care of him so I sleep when I can in the early mornings and a nap here and there, frankly it is wearing on me but I dont drink and try to keep physically strong in ths time of need, so I am hanging in there, I get enough its just not a straight 8 hours its two hours here and there and tomorrow I have to have our jury selection strategy on the desk by 8 am so I am on intellus all night tonight sleuthing these folks out and see what they are all about, we have a PI who normally does this but I havent been happy with his effort so this is a big case with a big payday and someone we are convinced is innocent so I am doing it myself, I prefer the behind the scenes strategy work as opposed to presenting the case in court for some reason, it just fits me well, I am the James Carville of lawyers, better behind the scenes than running for president myself, making strategic decisions and writing the opening and closing statements and letting the pretty boy stand in front of the jury, I will probably make a career of this and work freelanc for various fiirms as a legal strategist rather than a trial lawyer, I just like it and frankly I am the one who really makes and breaks the case so I like that pressure, I dont get all credit after its all done but those who know understand who made it all happen and thats what matters to me most.

So yea I have my hands full but I get to work at home be with the kids and take care of gramps so I cant complain and I charge a pretty enough penny for my services that its worth my time and I am slowly making a name for myself in this capacity.

Youre doing very well on all levels I see no reason that wont continue, stay confident and dont secnd guess your instincts they havent let you down yet.

ON EDIT he changed his e mail I just found out andhe is sending me his new one so hang tight and we will get those VHS fixed for you I let him know and he is writing it out for me and I will e mail you with his how to list and his new e mail, he left AOL and went to COX e mail.
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:34 am

I need to get around to converting some old VHS to DVD as well. I did a little research and found this thing which I may buy. Its 40 bucks and gets 4 out of 5 stars at Amazon. :
    http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-SVID2USB2-Video-Capture-Cable/dp/B000O5RIWO/ref=pd_sim_e_2
    Dancing With The Stars new season line up 316dBIkrOXL._SS500_
    Dancing With The Stars new season line up Ref=pd_sim_e_2
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Ah ha - then my Sony Vegas software will indentify the device and I can download the video?
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:22 am

ziggy wrote:Ah ha - then my Sony Vegas software will indentify the device and I can download the video?
    Good question! Did I mention I have like 12 hours of original Beavis and Butthead on VHS? You can't get that shit anywhere because, with all the videos and the associated rights, they could never be properly released on DVD. And yes I also like South Park and Family Guy. I'm a toilet humor kind of guy!

I also have some movies which are so deeply independent, though brilliant, that they still haven't been released on
    DVD -- like "Niagra, Niagra" and "Track 29."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:08 am