Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

2 posters

Sleep Paralysis...that would be me

ziggy
    ziggy

Sleep Paralysis...that would be me Empty Sleep Paralysis...that would be me

Post by ziggy Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:22 am

I don't know if anyone has ever heard of this but I've had it since I was very young. I made my mother take me to the doctor when I was about 13 and of course he chalked it up to a bad dream. If you've ever experienced it - IT IS NOT LIKE A DREAM.

I had no idea anyone else had this until the internet and I could look it up. I am not alone!

Experts say it is a form of sleep disorder related to narcolepsy. Paranormal types say it can be the beginning stages of out of body travel. I've always been too scared and too freaked out while I'm in it to think of anything else except to wake myself up NOW because I feel imminent death. It is accompanied by a humming, very strange vibration of the body feeling, the presence of a dark entity, pressure on my head like a vice and last year it progressed into being touched by something. The presence stayed a distance and started to come closer as I got older.

I tried so many things to get out of this; waiting it out (not possible); counting to three and using all my strenght to open my eyes and wake up (too weak most of the time); Visualizing Bright Light (worked OK but if you are out of practice with the visualization it's really hard) and once it takes hold it feels like I'm being pulled downward through the bed and I can't fight it - well until I found something that kind of works.

After watching the A&E show Paranormal State, I noticed how they get aggressive somtimes and command spirits to leave and get out or whatever - they go on the offensive. I've always been begging and scared while in the paralysis. So I tried just going all PMS rage pissed off aggressive and it works. I just start yelling at it in my head and trying to say it and really yell it but can't from the paralysis, but often come out of it yelling finally.

It's just a really weird and interesting thing to experience. I'm not as scared of it as I used to be but I also started to develop the "exploding head" syndrome too where right before you fall asleep, or for me, before I get sucked into sleep paralysis, I hear loud, and I mean LOUD noises...sometimes a bang, sometimes a crash. I've made mr. zig get up and check to see what happened before.

Just interested to know if anyone else has this weird affliction.
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Sleep Paralysis...that would be me Empty Re: Sleep Paralysis...that would be me

Post by ericclimbs Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:38 am

ziggy wrote:I don't know if anyone has ever heard of this but I've had it since I was very young. I made my mother take me to the doctor when I was about 13 and of course he chalked it up to a bad dream. If you've ever experienced it - IT IS NOT LIKE A DREAM.

I had no idea anyone else had this until the internet and I could look it up. I am not alone!

Experts say it is a form of sleep disorder related to narcolepsy. Paranormal types say it can be the beginning stages of out of body travel. I've always been too scared and too freaked out while I'm in it to think of anything else except to wake myself up NOW because I feel imminent death. It is accompanied by a humming, very strange vibration of the body feeling, the presence of a dark entity, pressure on my head like a vice and last year it progressed into being touched by something. The presence stayed a distance and started to come closer as I got older.

I tried so many things to get out of this; waiting it out (not possible); counting to three and using all my strenght to open my eyes and wake up (too weak most of the time); Visualizing Bright Light (worked OK but if you are out of practice with the visualization it's really hard) and once it takes hold it feels like I'm being pulled downward through the bed and I can't fight it - well until I found something that kind of works.

After watching the A&E show Paranormal State, I noticed how they get aggressive somtimes and command spirits to leave and get out or whatever - they go on the offensive. I've always been begging and scared while in the paralysis. So I tried just going all PMS rage pissed off aggressive and it works. I just start yelling at it in my head and trying to say it and really yell it but can't from the paralysis, but often come out of it yelling finally.

It's just a really weird and interesting thing to experience. I'm not as scared of it as I used to be but I also started to develop the "exploding head" syndrome too where right before you fall asleep, or for me, before I get sucked into sleep paralysis, I hear loud, and I mean LOUD noises...sometimes a bang, sometimes a crash. I've made mr. zig get up and check to see what happened before.

Just interested to know if anyone else has this weird affliction.
    I've had those on and off since I was a little kid. They used to scare me so bad I'd run out of my room to sleep with my parents. Hypnagogic and hynopompic hallucinations oftened accompanied by sleep paralysis. Now that I'm older and know what they are I actually really enjoy them. The experience is like doing a hallucinagenic drug but, of course, without any drugs.

One time, a few years ago, I was zooming fast, bodiless and ethereal, in a deep darkness. As a flew along, more like I was swept along, I had the sensation of black ground whizzing by beneath me and a looming cliff ahead. I knew when I got to the edge of the cliff I was going to go over it, down into a deeper darkness, but I also knew if went over it I would never come back. As in come back to my body, as in my physical body would die. I did not want this to happens so I strongly resisted the pull to go over into the chasm. Things began to spin and then I somehow seemed to morph back into my body and I woke up.
    These were, of course, vivid sensations and not necessarily truths, and it wasn't actually scary, despite the darkness -- there was a great sense of freedom and knowledge waiting beyond that precipice. But I stopped myself because I wasn't ready to leave the Earthly realm. This is just one example of my experiences but one that was among the most powerful of them.

Edited to Add, as Ziggy said, it is NOT LIKE A DREAM. To the contrary it feels like wakefulness, like it is really happening. A very surreal reality but reality nonetheless.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:44 am

Yes that's what they're called! I wish I could have fun...there is an evil presence in mine always and it will put more pressure on my head if I ask for any help from God, that is a no go.

Only once did I have the sensation of leaving my body. I was about 8 or 9 years old and I floated off my bed and hovered on the floor. I started floating toward my bedroom door which was always open a crack and I was afraid I would bump into it and close it, which frightened me so somehow I went back to my body.

That's cool Eric, I'm not sure I would think swooshing through darkness was fun...I'm a scaredy cat I guess.
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:52 am

ziggy wrote:Yes that's what they're called! I wish I could have fun...there is an evil presence in mine always and it will put more pressure on my head if I ask for any help from God, that is a no go.

Only once did I have the sensation of leaving my body. I was about 8 or 9 years old and I floated off my bed and hovered on the floor. I started floating toward my bedroom door which was always open a crack and I was afraid I would bump into it and close it, which frightened me so somehow I went back to my body.

That's cool Eric, I'm not sure I would think swooshing through darkness was fun...I'm a scaredy cat I guess.

I've had quite a few out of body type experiences but in almost all of them I never went any farther than bedroom. I'd just kind of float up out of myself and kind of drift around my room. God it feels so real. I've also had the scary evil ones too -- once there was this crazy humming sound and (I know it sounds like a cartoon but) all of the sudden there were countless big glowing bulbous sets of eyes all around me staring at me. Lucky for me it didn't last long, just a few terrible seconds, before I was able to will myself back into a normal waking reality -- just me laying in my regular bed in the dark in my regular room in my regular house. . .
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:55 am

Hey this is a great thread thanks for starting it! Hopefully some others have had the same experiences and will share. As for me I am now off to bed. . .perhaps to drift and float around in the netherlands?
    Sleep Paralysis...that would be me 2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:14 pm