Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

3 posters

Jury Selection for the trial of Sam McCroskey.

Percy
    Percy

Jury Selection for the trial of Sam McCroskey. Empty Jury Selection for the trial of Sam McCroskey.

Post by Percy Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:41 pm

My professional forte from years of studying sociology, law and psychology is consultation on jury selection. I am often hired by criminal defense law firms to consult on these matters and help determine what sort of jury they need to seat to work the case in their favor and get a favorable outcome. Since I do this professionally I dont want to bias the discussion before it gets started and want to see some fresh and orignal input and discussion in this area before I disclose my findings, which I have already put together and will share after the discussion gets going a bit.

So, what kind of jury does the defense want to seat in the case?

What kind of jury do the people want to seat in this case?

Discuss....
    the tapu
    the tapu

Jury Selection for the trial of Sam McCroskey. Empty Re: Jury Selection for the trial of Sam McCroskey.

Post by the tapu Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:21 am

For the defense I would want people who "get" adolescents, hard music, goth stuff and don't have prejudices against it. I would want to neutralize that whole scene so that people look past it to whatever else.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Jury Selection for the trial of Sam McCroskey. Empty Re: Jury Selection for the trial of Sam McCroskey.

Post by ziggy Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:54 pm

For the people I say middle aged middle class men who go to church but are not overly religious. I would think they would be less sympathetic to a guy like Sam, less understanding of his sedentary online lifestyle and his wannabe rapper hobby. Also the killing of defenseless women wouldn't go over so well.

Younger women might tend to feel sorry for Sam. I agree with Crow, the younger the better for the defense because they will look past the horror bullshit...you know like fingernails painted black won't mean a thing to them.

Since this is your area of expertise I can't wait to see your analysis Pax.
    the tapu
    the tapu

Post by the tapu Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:28 am

Yeah, Ziggy, on the description of the males for the People.

And I'd want mothers and fathers of girls. Already grown girls, I think, over teens. They would have more sympathy for the victims, and not think too much about anything the defense may play up as goading Sam, to mitigate the crime in anyway.

Straitlaced young people, male or female. Female to identify with the girls, male to feel outrage that a guy their age could do that to the girls.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:38 am