Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+10
piXy
claudicici
SonicG
LoveEndsWar
ROCKDAWG
Heroine
AndresEscobar
the tapu
dangrsmind
Percy
14 posters

Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case

Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case Empty Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:10 pm

"The quadruple homicide last September has affected a number of people
    throughout the Farmville area and across the country. Two of those
    people, Jessica Hintz and her husband Scott, decided to create a
    petition for a not-so-obvious reason. They are asking Prince Edward
    County Commonwealth's Attorney, James Ennis, to refrain from seeking the
    death penalty for Richard McCroskey."

Read more at:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Percy
    Percy

Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case Empty Re: Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case

Post by Percy Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 177492
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case Empty Re: Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case

Post by dangrsmind Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:10 pm

Interesting story. Wonder if they could use these maul/axe images from yesterday...
    the tapu
    the tapu

Post by the tapu Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Hey, thanks, Mary. Good post. I'm going to read the long version later so I'll be back for the discussion. Great!
    the tapu
    the tapu

Post by the tapu Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:23 pm

Interesting. It makes sense, if integrity of beliefs is your highest value. I have to say it's pretty up there on my list.
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:19 pm

Oh god, I'm sure the comments on that page are going to be insane.
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:32 pm

Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 97195
    ROCKDAWG
    ROCKDAWG

Post by ROCKDAWG Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:33 pm

Comments ? Heh-heh...................
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:58 pm

Well folks I have very mixed feelings about this and we can get a good discussion about the DP going on here maybe, but what Sam did was fucking horrific make no mistake about it but like ms kelly herself I do believe the is a reason for that behavior, he may not be criminally insane but he IS mentally ill and I just dont like the idea of putting mentally ill people down. Its a bad precedent. They did it to Karla Tucker and I am still pissed off about it but thats Bush and Texas for ya. Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 790571 Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 790571
    ROCKDAWG
    ROCKDAWG

Post by ROCKDAWG Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:30 pm

I actually believe the greater punishment is to keep some one alive in prison as opposed to the death penalty. In a way , the death penalty is a lot more humane treatment than imprisonment for 30 or 40 or more years.
    Pax , we can disagree on this , but uh , surely your not bad moufin' Texas ???
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:04 pm

Nah I got nothing against Texas I just dont agree with what Bush did wrt Karla Tuckerm she was mentally retarded and they executed her, not good IMO.

You make an interesting point and you may be right that it is the more humane things to do, I am not sure I agree but I would consider that for sure, my problem SPECIFICALLY is that I dont like giving the state that kind of power. I am against big government on many levels and believe it should have much less power than it does and I am not thrilled to give it the added power to decide who should live and who should die. Yes, its true a jury actually makes that decision but the state carries it out.
    LoveEndsWar
    LoveEndsWar

Post by LoveEndsWar Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:38 pm

Intersting article, thanks for sharing that. What I notice in the mug shot is that he doesn't look proud. His eyes aren't focused on the camera with a "taunt" if you will. Think he's on pills in the pic?
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:48 pm

LoveEndsWar wrote:Intersting article, thanks for sharing that. What I notice in the mug shot is that he doesn't look proud. His eyes aren't focused on the camera with a "taunt" if you will. Think he's on pills in the pic?
    I am certain he is drugged up now that he is in jail but I dont think Sam was much of a recreational drug user before all of this, I dont think the pills in the car were his.
    SonicG
    SonicG

Post by SonicG Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:55 pm

Very laudable.
    One of the problems of the DP debate is that no one really knows if death is truly a penalty. Of course, HC Xtians believe that he is evil and will burn eternally in hell although some (many?) of those same people believe that he just needs to "allow Jesus into his heart" and he will be save and sent to heaven so how is that a punishment. It is impossible to reach any utilitarian conclusion with that sort of X factor in the mix...
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:05 am

SonicG wrote:Very laudable.
    One of the problems of the DP debate is that no one really knows if death is truly a penalty. Of course, HC Xtians believe that he is evil and will burn eternally in hell although some (many?) of those same people believe that he just needs to "allow Jesus into his heart" and he will be save and sent to heaven so how is that a punishment. It is impossible to reach any utilitarian conclusion with that sort of X factor in the mix...
    The other MAJOR PROBLEM is the number of people on death row who have been found to be completely innocent. Thats a major fucking problem.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:46 am

LoveEndsWar wrote:Intersting article, thanks for sharing that. What I notice in the mug shot is that he doesn't look proud. His eyes aren't focused on the camera with a "taunt" if you will. Think he's on pills in the pic?
    yes,thanks for sharing Mary,I would sign that petition..
    ...anyways "love ends war" I don't see a mugshot with that article...
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:05 am

claudicici wrote:
    There is no mugshot of Sam in that article. Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 937641 Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 937641
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:12 am

Paximus wrote:
    claudicici wrote:
    There is no mugshot of Sam in that article. Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 937641 Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 937641

Also I am no longer sure love does end war, I used to think that until I was dropped in the middle of the panama jungle and spent 3 years trying to capture Noriega, at that time had I went out telling those rebels all hopped up on cocaine that I loved them and wanted to end this conflict peacefully they would have laughed and filled me with lead.

What does end war is a quick ass kicking and making sure they know NOT TO FUCK WITH YOU AGAIN, its ugly and its no fun and I WOULD NOT SERVE in these oil wars, I would risk the brig before I would fight innocent iraqi and afghani people who have done nothing to pose a threat to our homeland and if I was smarter and more secure in myself back when I did serve I would have refused to fight in Panama also, but I didnt and I did fight and I saw very quickly that the one thing that ends a war quickly is superior fighting power a swift kick in the ass and a clear message that if you fuck with us again we will wipe you off the fucking map and you will be something kids will read about in history books like the mayans wondering what happened to your once thriving civilization. The Panamanian Rebels quickly came to that understanding and dropped their weapons and havent fucked with us since. That ends war, love doesnt, but it sounds nice on paper.
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:21 am

Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 62995
    I hope this doesn't get long and drawn out, but here is why I personally would sign it.
    First of all I do believe that Sam indeed has a mental illness, I'm no doctor but it would appear that way to me. Having said that, I think it's hard for a majority of the population to show any compassion for Sam, and people like him, because they don't understand his disease. Noone understands or believes what they can't see, therefore it can't be real to them. I know from personal experience with panic attacks. They are very real and there is nothing you can do about it, for that period of time your brain has complete control over everything and that includes your reactions. It's the scariest thing, to know you are out of control.
    Mental illnesses can be learned and/or genetic, and are always chemically derived. You can NOT open up your brain and take out those excess chemicals and you can't always add more chemicals to stabilize the balance.
    I am by no means brushing off what Sam did as being okay, but I do think that killing him would be the wrong thing to do. We have no way of knowing what went through his head.
    Also I'd like to add that I agree with Debra, that there is a reason for the crimes people commit. In general there is a reason for the things people do and from some of what i learned in psychology, sociology, and my life is that a lot of it steers from childhood problems, especially problems dealing with broken homes. That shit really does fuck with people. I know, been there, done that.
    If that's what Debra would want then why not, right?
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:42 am

Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 177492 Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 97195
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:45 am

claudicici wrote:Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 177492 Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 97195
    Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 793475 Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case Lol Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 622579

Post by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:23 am

Heroine wrote:Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 62995
    I hope this doesn't get long and drawn out, but here is why I personally would sign it.
    First of all I do believe that Sam indeed has a mental illness, I'm no doctor but it would appear that way to me. Having said that, I think it's hard for a majority of the population to show any compassion for Sam, and people like him, because they don't understand his disease. Noone understands or believes what they can't see, therefore it can't be real to them. I know from personal experience with panic attacks. They are very real and there is nothing you can do about it, for that period of time your brain has complete control over everything and that includes your reactions. It's the scariest thing, to know you are out of control.
    Mental illnesses can be learned and/or genetic, and are always chemically derived. You can NOT open up your brain and take out those excess chemicals and you can't always add more chemicals to stabilize the balance.
    I am by no means brushing off what Sam did as being okay, but I do think that killing him would be the wrong thing to do. We have no way of knowing what went through his head.
    Also I'd like to add that I agree with Debra, that there is a reason for the crimes people commit. In general there is a reason for the things people do and from some of what i learned in psychology, sociology, and my life is that a lot of it steers from childhood problems, especially problems dealing with broken homes. That shit really does fuck with people. I know, been there, done that.

Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 97195 Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 918639
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:46 am

ScaryMary wrote:
    Heroine wrote:Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 62995

Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 97195 Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 918639
    Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 622579 Petition Hopes to Bring Justice To Homicide Case 793475
    haha!
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:01 am

I am about as bipolar as they come, im a walking rollar coaster ride, fortunately the manic highs where I can accomplish anything and work 20 hours a day sleep 4 and do it again, far outnumber those very dark days that come with it and they are fucking dark and very hard days to get through. Since I refuse and do not believe in psychiatric medications and I feel they would take away the GIFT of bipolar disorder and anyone who suffers from it knows it is indeed a gift in many way as I am very creative, independent thinking and eccentric because of it, but the trade off is a few dark days every few weeks where I admittedly cant get out of bed or make any sense of the world or reality, they are VERY difficult days to get through but with the support of a loving family I fight through them because I know they are temporary and they are followed by a much longer period of manic highs where my creativety is off the charts, I cant paint, create wonderful artistic visual arts and write like some of the greats. So I know where youre coming from Heroine and I also feel Sam may be fighting something similar to this in fact I think a lot more people than we realize do. Because of my daily work with Buddhist monks and my commitment to daily one hour meditation sessions and yoga, I am able to deal with this without needing the kind of medication that would turn me in to a zombie and make me feel basically nothing, I would rather live the roller coaster and be able to FEEL than to be calm cool and collected all the time and feel no emotion towards anything.

Both Churchill and Lincoln and Poe wrote considerably about their struggles with bi polar disorder yet they also, like me, admit, that without it, they couldnt have been the great men they turned out to be because it was the bi polar disorder itself, that very chemical imbalance in their brains that allowed them to think outside of the box and come up with answers and strategies that a normal person would not be able to think of, so I consider it a blessing and certainly am not prone to violence but I could see where someone who might not have gotten the proper guidance from a therapist like I did who taught me how to deal with this TO MY ADVANTAGE< could really struggle with those VERY VERY DARK days that we who have bipolar disorder experience and make no mistake those days are a struggle and it looks, at the time when they come, like there is no end or sense in the world, but they do pass and a new day arises where you feel invincible and feel capable of doing whatever it is you want to do and you commonly are able to accomplish the extraordinary because of it.

So yea, I dont like the DP because while many of these people DO NOT MEET the criteria of "criminal insanity" which has nothing to do with MEDICAL and is all about LEGAL STANDARDS, but it remains that they are, at least a good portion of them, mentally ill and have mental health issues that they have likely self medicated instead of learning to deal with it properly through medication or, in my case, self help through diet, exercise, meditation and therapy.

Also, like I said before, we have recently found a VERY HIGH PERCENTAGE of people who have spent 30 years on death row and were completely innocent due to false ID or other reasons and THATS A BIG PROBLEM if we are possibly executing someone who is innocent, its the kind of problem, as an attorney, that keeps me awake every fucking night and something I have dedicated my life to bring awareness to, ONE INNOCENT MAN EXECUTED is far too much, but the number is more like in the THOUSANDS and the number of those on death row RIGHT NOW that are COMPLETELY INNOCENT, is probably close to25% and thats A LOT OF PEOPLE my friends, it is enough in my opinion to HALT all DP cases until we can figure out a way to BE CERTAIN those people are 100% guilty before we execute them and with the breakthroughs in forensics and DNA studies we are getting better but not good enough yet and for that VERY REASON ALONE I must stand AGAINST THE DP in all cases, even for the guilty LIKE SAM, until we perfect our system of justice.

Last edited by Paximus on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:13 am; edited 3 times in total
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:03 am

It would be fascinating to me to see had Debra lived, knowing she had spoken out STRONGLY against the DP and Sam had only killed Emma, Mel and the Pastor, would she still stand against the DP in that case, somehow I believe she would indeed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:03 pm