Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

5 posters

Reputation, points, and adding images

Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Reputation, points, and adding images Empty Reputation, points, and adding images

Post by Heroine Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:44 am

I noticed a lot of people asking what they are all about, so I decided to start a thread and explain it a little more.

Okay, do you see the little - and + symbols in the right hand corner of all posts? Well those are what determines your reputation. If you find a post useful, click the + button. If you find a post not so useful (which we will never have) click the - button. Each time someone clicks a positive or negative it will either increase or decrease your reputation by 1 point.

Thank you's also have a point value of +3 points. Each time someone thanks you, you get an additional 3 points.

I am trying to come up with a fun way to redeem points in the future. After you get (x) amount of points you will earn something.....or something like that.

Anyway, now you know and hopefully are no longer confused by your nasty reputations. Reputation, points, and adding images Icon_jokercolor

Adding images to posts:
    Go to the thing that looks like a floppy disk, upload your pic
    from your computer, and click host. After you click host it will give you options
    to copy and paste. Copy the image code and paste... ta da!!!!

Reputation, points, and adding images Empty Re: Reputation, points, and adding images

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:22 am

If you hit the "quote" button, you will see something on left bottom left that says "Dices Roll #1" . . . what is that?
    Mags
    Mags

Reputation, points, and adding images Empty Re: Reputation, points, and adding images

Post by Mags Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:04 pm

So that's for images within a post? Ok. How do I add my avatar? I'm not seeing an option for it I
    in "profile."

You have no idea how embarrassing it is to ask. I mean, shit, apparently The Kay figured it out.

:p
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Mags wrote:So that's for images within a post? Ok. How do I add my avatar? I'm not seeing an option for it I
    in "profile."

You have no idea how embarrassing it is to ask. I mean, shit, apparently The Kay figured it out.

Yeah that's for images within a post. To add your avatar go to your profile and there should be a tab called avatar. That's what you are looking for. Smile
    wadahoot
    wadahoot

Post by wadahoot Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Thanks Heroine! Can we add a pix that is linked to another website? I tried when I was hoping to give The Tapu a gift-hug for all she's been through and whatever I was trying wasn't working.

Also, I think I missed something ... you said above that one gets points for 'thanks yous' but I still don't see how to thank someone. If I'm just a dumb bunny, say so rabbit
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:20 pm

Heroine wrote:
    Mags wrote:So that's for images within a post? Ok. How do I add my avatar? I'm not seeing an option for it I
    in "profile."

Yeah that's for images within a post. To add your avatar go to your profile and there should be a tab called avatar. That's what you are looking for. Smile
    Tabs.......

Heh, never noticed those. Color me bright red!

The option for upload from my computer is disabled. I only have my pic on my computer. Any work arounds?
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:25 pm

Here is how thank yous work from what I've gathered:
    If you start a thread and someone replies, you as the thread starter are the only one allowed to give thanks, and you can only give thanks to 1 person. After you have given thanks to your one person, the thanks button will be greyed out not allowing it to be pressed.
    Does that make any sense?
    As for using a pic from a url (another website) yes you can, I believe that floppy disk button has a url as well. Choose Url and copy and paste the link there. I think. I haven't used it yet, but I think that's how the URL works.
    Reputation, points, and adding images Icon_wink
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:28 pm

Mags wrote:
    Heroine wrote:
    in "profile."

Tabs.......

Heh, never noticed those. Color me bright red!

The option for upload from my computer is disabled. I only have my pic on my computer. Any work arounds?
    When I look at your profile through admin it looks enabled to me. hmmm? Are you sure it's disabled?
    "Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width cannot
    exceed 150 pixels, the height cannot exceed 200 pixels, and the file
    size cannot be higher than 64 KB."
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:33 pm

The Kay wrote:If you hit the "quote" button, you will see something on left bottom left that says "Dices Roll #1" . . . what is that?
    It's a game I'm trying to figure out how to work. Smile
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Sorry, but I failed to mention that each time you post you also get a point. Sorry for leaving that out.
    So basically your reputation is based on the +- you get and the other points come from thank you's and posts in general.
    Hank
    Hank

Post by Hank Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:55 am

what?
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Are you trying to be funny, or is that an actual question? Reputation, points, and adding images Icon_lol

Post by karma Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:26 am

The Kay wrote:If you hit the "quote" button, you will see something on left bottom left that says "Dices Roll #1" . . . what is that?

BUMP! Cuz I want to know too!
    What a Face

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content