Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

3 posters

Crackheads at the UN appoint Iran to Women's Right Commission

ziggy
    ziggy

Crackheads at the UN appoint Iran to Women's Right Commission Empty Crackheads at the UN appoint Iran to Women's Right Commission

Post by ziggy Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:01 pm

Crackheads at the UN appoint Iran to Women's Right Commission Iran_b10
    Ha - Michelle Malkin said that's kind of like getting John Edwards to be your marriage counselor only way worse.

They are jailing suntanned women; they still stone women etc.

This is just the nail on the coffin that the UN is worthless and we should have no part of it.

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/04/30/un-believable-because-when-you-think-womens-rights-you-think-iran/
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/30/stayed-mum-iran-vote-womens-commission/

Crackheads at the UN appoint Iran to Women's Right Commission Empty Re: Crackheads at the UN appoint Iran to Women's Right Commission

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:37 pm

Iran has a disgusting record on women's rights. There is no doubt about that.
    We should however still participate in the UN. It is better to talk to those we disagree with rather than not talk.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Crackheads at the UN appoint Iran to Women's Right Commission Empty Re: Crackheads at the UN appoint Iran to Women's Right Commission

Post by ziggy Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:45 pm

All this talking gets us nowhere except to the land of less money in our nation due to the fees etc. We don't even try to assert influence there - what's it all about Alfie?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:22 pm

Progress is slow. Often no one gets everything they want in a negotiation. What is the alternative to diplomatic relations?
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:29 pm

Scott wrote:Progress is slow. Often no one gets everything they want in a negotiation. What is the alternative to diplomatic relations?

Thats the problem with every reactionary republican answer to anything, their alternative, when it comes to just about anything, is completely unacceptable to what we have.

Their alternative to this would be to become a global isolationist nation and their alternative to open borders would be to have the military surround the nation and keep everyone out. They dont want progress they want to go back to the dark ages.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:32 pm

That kind of progress is for the unimaginitive. I ain't one of those. I do think there is a compromise rather than just thumb sitting for decades however.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue May 04, 2010 11:10 pm

Ahmadinejad Defends Iran's Seat on U.N. Women's Commission

Seriously, is there anyone who does not believe this guy is just a complete lunatic nutjob?
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/04/ahmadinejad-defends-irans-seat-womens-commission/

snipped:
    Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Tuesday appeared to defend his country's recent re-election to a seat on the U.N. Commission on the Status of Women, arguing that Iranian women are "highly respected" in his country while 70 percent of European women are physically abused.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm

I AGREE WITH YOU,lol,can you believe it?
    ....this is like a joke to me...
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Tue May 04, 2010 11:41 pm

...but on the other hand I don't think the UN is worthless at all,like Scott said progress is slow and the UN has made great accomplishments in the past....just the fact that UNICEF is part of that system makes me believe in the UN 100%
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue May 04, 2010 11:51 pm

wow I haven't heard of unicef doing that much - are you sure the heads of unicef aren't fairing better than the people they are supposed to help? There was a lot of waste and fraud accusations and I must say, any organization that gets that much money and is non-profit, but makes a profit and pays the top dawgs there a handsome sum is not the kind of organization I feel comfortable contributing to.

So what has the UN done in return for the billions we spend on it?
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Wed May 05, 2010 12:35 am

ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Wed May 05, 2010 7:40 pm

That list is actually kind of funny. I had to chuckle at some of those - because, well, look whose site it is.

They missed one: "WE ISSUE STERN NOTICES" and then do nothing else.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:39 am