Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

Nashville Flood - Epic but not covered like Katrina

ziggy
    ziggy

Nashville Flood - Epic but not covered like Katrina Empty Nashville Flood - Epic but not covered like Katrina

Post by ziggy Wed May 05, 2010 7:21 pm

I lived in Nashville for 9 years and it is my second home for sure. Many close friends who feel like family are there and so much devastation has taken place. There are pockets of destruction that you don't see on the news...my facebook friends are posting pics and it's really bad for so many people - poor people - all people. Historic Nashville is in jeopardy.

My friend has an airboat and has been helping out - there are the most heartwarming stories to balance the sadness of so much loss.

Have you heard about all the looting? Nope. Why? It's not happening. Perhaps that is why this story, while covered, has not received the kind of attention it would if there was a racist or criminal angle.

I am proud of the people of Mid Tenn! I had black, white and other color neighbors and co-workers and we all got along and they will continue to live and work together and help each other.

I often think racism is blown out of proportion by the media and those who make a living off the conflict.

Pray for Nashville. -
    Read This Excellent Article Please:
    http://www.section303.com/we-are-nashville-4366

Nashville Flood - Epic but not covered like Katrina Empty Re: Nashville Flood - Epic but not covered like Katrina

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 9:25 pm

It is unfortunate that people helping each other is not more newsworthy.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Nashville Flood - Epic but not covered like Katrina Empty Re: Nashville Flood - Epic but not covered like Katrina

Post by ziggy Thu May 06, 2010 12:10 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:21 am