Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

What is up with the American Flag being thought of as controversial in the U.S.?

ziggy
    ziggy

What is up with the American Flag being thought of as controversial in the U.S.? Empty What is up with the American Flag being thought of as controversial in the U.S.?

Post by ziggy Fri May 28, 2010 2:09 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/28/wisconsin-army-veteran-allowed-flag-display/

Another alarming article about a veteran who was displaying the flag INSIDE his apartment in the window.

Since when is our flag something that could illicit violence, controvery or hate in our own country?

Goodbye Sweet America.

What is up with the American Flag being thought of as controversial in the U.S.? Empty Re: What is up with the American Flag being thought of as controversial in the U.S.?

Post by Guest Sat May 29, 2010 8:51 am

I have family and friend in the property management business. I know of some situations where rules have been overapplied by apartment managers who don't like a specific resident. A tenant has rights and in most cases a landlord cannot just throw someone out as long as they are paying rent. In some cases it is hard to get people out who are not paying rent but that is for a different thread. What a landlord / property manager can do is make life uncomfortable for a resident by nit picking and overenforcing every little property rule and local ordinance until the resident wants to leave. It should not happen but I beleive that this sort of thing does happen all the time.
    As I read this I was wondering if the real issue was the American flag or was it perhaps a manager trying to show a tenant who was boss. I'd like to know how their relationship was before the flag issue.
    Whatever the motivation it was a wildly stupid move by the apartment complex. Who thought that fighting with a veteran over the display of a national symbol would have been a good idea?
    ziggy
    ziggy

What is up with the American Flag being thought of as controversial in the U.S.? Empty Re: What is up with the American Flag being thought of as controversial in the U.S.?

Post by ziggy Sat May 29, 2010 12:04 pm

You're probably right about that Scott; there had to be a reason they came down on this guy. If there were a fine for being stupid, I think the national debt could be reconciled.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:24 pm