Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

2 posters

ashleymadison.com

ashleymadison.com Empty ashleymadison.com

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:56 pm

To me this falls under a category like horrorcore and Westboro Baptist Church. Just because you CAN do something does not mean that you should. I first heard about this on the Sean Hannity radio show. I found it again on a pop up ad at work today. It was a picture of a couple in bed with a caption that said "play with someone elses wife tonight". Ashleymadison is a dating site for married people looking to have an affair.
    On the Hannity show, the sites owner defended his position pretty well. He essentially argued that this is not a service someone uses when their marriage is going all well. If someone is intent on having an affair they will. If they don't meet on his site they would meet in a bar or on facebook or any of the other places people meet. I agree.
    Hard as it is for someone a bit left of center such as myself to make my fingers work on the keys here I found myself agreeing with Sean Hannity. His point was that though this is not wrecking good marriages it is providing an easy alternative for someone who is struggling at the time. Rather than trying to work it out with their spouse or to take it a step futher just seperating this site can encourage the dishonesty of an affair.
    I believe Hannity and I both agree in their right to operate the site as well as peoples right to use it. I just don't think it is anything postive. Thoughts?
    ziggy
    ziggy

ashleymadison.com Empty Re: ashleymadison.com

Post by ziggy Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:23 pm

My thoughts are far too vile to put in writing.
    Kay
    Kay

Post by Kay Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:57 pm

ziggy wrote:My thoughts are far too vile to put in writing.

The camel that broke my previous marriage's back was when I, once again, found my husband's personal ads on a couple of adult websites. He was trying to hook up with other women. The first time I discovered this I was two months into an unexpected pregnancy. Nine years later, he was at it again (or still, most likely). If my marriage was good, or if my husband was happy, he wouldn't have been on those sites to begin with. If we did not have the internet, he would have found other ways to stray. The internet just makes it easier, especially when one needs to be less than forthright about their character.

No one is holding a gun to anyone's head making them log on to ashleymadison.com. If one does not agree with that type of behavior, one should not log onto that website. If that website is successful, then obviously there are people willing to pay for their services, and they have a right to exist.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Ashley Madison

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to:navigation, search

Ashley MadisonURLCommercial?Type of siteRegistrationLaunchedCurrent status
    http://www.ashleymadison.com/
    Yes
    Online dating service
    Yes
    Active
    Ashley Madison is an online dating service for people currently in a relationship who already have partners.[1] The website was launched in 2001 and has since claimed to have over 6.05 million members. The name of the site is taken from the two most popular girl baby names "Ashley" and "Madison".[1]

Post by Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:42 pm

6.05 million members. Wow.
    It just makes me sad.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:12 am

Well here's the thing with me: I am open with my facebook, all that stuff - mr. z has my password; why? Because we should not hide anything. If you are doing something that you have to hide then you shouldn't be doing it right? Accountability. Nobody wants that anymore. I always find out if a guy is cheating, somehow in even the most bizarre ways I've found out. I also just know. So if you are going to be with me you have to be willing to live with freaking Sherlock Holmes because I will find out and I will bust your balls. Is this why I'm not married? LOL.

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:32 am

My wife and I have each others passwords for the same reason. If something has to be a secret from your spouse / partner then you probably should not be doing it.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Exactly - was it Ross Perot that would fire men in his company that were unfaithful stating, "if your wife can't trust you, neither can I" ? Sounds right to me. Pre-nups!!!! We should all have them and if he's found cheating - you get it all - to hell with half.
    Kay
    Kay

Post by Kay Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Scott wrote:6.05 million members. Wow.
    It just makes me sad.

That's 6.05 million stupid people cause they could be cheating for free, without paying a membership.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:38 pm

Ha ha Kay - good point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:43 pm