Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning

ziggy
    ziggy

Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning Empty Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning

Post by ziggy Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:42 pm

Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning Resized_stoning1225571332
    Anyone who thinks this country should be allowed on any human rights board at the U.N. need a mental evaluation NOW.

http://www.examiner.com/x-45737-Chicago-Government-Examiner~y2010m7d6-Iranian-Woman-Sentenced-to-Death-by-Stoning

Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning Empty Re: Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:46 pm

That is horrific. The Iranian legal system has not evolved at all in the past 2,000ish years.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning Empty Re: Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning

Post by ziggy Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:50 pm

In this case there are no witnesses - only her husband making the claim. They strap her to a post and whip her until she confesses. Then the sentencing is to bury her up to her chest and stone her until she dies. Husbands use this to avoid "divorce".

This is what makes me so angry when people criticize my country. We've made mistakes but at least we freaking EVOLVE.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:08 pm

I think one of the great thing about being American is the freedom to criticize decisions made here. Try that in Iran Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning Icon_wink .
    When I criticize things I don't think in terms of us v. rest of the world. When you compare how we do things here v. Iran, USA wins every time. Does not mean that USA cannot do some things better though.
    They execute, we execute. Ours is more humane and for more serious offences NO QUESTION. That does not necessarily mean that we should continue to do it too though.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:39 pm

I see your point but still believe that our individual states should have the right to decide that. It's great that we try to make it as humane as possible and not on public display to try and control by fear. There in lies the difference to me...it's governmental intimidation when doneIranian style - not to mention it's treating women like dogs.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:50 pm

There is NO comparison. The Iranian case is horrific. The husband is having his wife murdered by someone else to avoid a divorce. The fact that it is even being disucssed as an option much less a realistic possibility is evidence of a morally bankrupt culture.
    States here can and do decide. Just because we can does not mean we should.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:01 pm

Hey, you're using my favorite saying against me!!! LOL.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:18 pm

It is a great saying.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:39 am

Iran denying woman will be executed by stoning

By the CNN Wire Staff
    cnnAuthor = "By the CNN Wire Staff";

Iranian government reacts to stoning case

• Iranian government denying that Iranian woman will be executed by stoning
    • "This mission denies the false news aired in this respect," embassy says
    • Ashtiani still faces execution, rights group says
    • Son appeals for her freedom

(CNN) -- Iran's government is denying reports that an Iranian woman convicted of adultery will be executed by stoning, though her death sentence may still be carried out by some other method.
    In the Islamic republic's first public statement on the case of Sakineh Mohammedie Ashtiani, 42, the Iranian Embassy in London, England, said Thursday that "this mission denies the false news aired in this respect and ... according to information from the relevant judicial authorities in Iran, she will not be executed by stoning punishment.
    "It is notable that this kind of punishment has rarely been implemented in Iran and various means and remedies must be probed and exhausted to finally come up with such a punishment," the embassy said.
    But Ashtiani still faces the possibility of execution for her 2006 adultery conviction, said Drewery Dyke of Amnesty International in London.
    "We have noted in the past that those who have been sentenced to stonings have gone on to be hanged," he said. "That remains a concern."

var currExpandable = "expand15";
    if(typeof CNN.expandableMap === 'object') {
    CNN.expandableMap.push(currExpandable);
    }

var currExpandableHeight = 360;

Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning Bttn_close
    Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning Idesk.intv.iran.stoning.cnn.640x360

Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning Idesk.intv.iran.stoning.cnn.640x360Video: Iranian woman sentenced to death

var mediaObj = new Object();
    mediaObj.type = 'video';
    mediaObj.contentId = '';
    mediaObj.source = '/video/world/2010/07/08/idesk.intv.iran.stoning.cnn';
    mediaObj.source = mediaObj.source.replace('/video/','');

mediaObj.lgImage = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('src');
    mediaObj.lgImageX = 640;
    mediaObj.lgImageY = currExpandableHeight;
    mediaObj.origImageX = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('width');
    mediaObj.origImageY = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('height');

mediaObj.contentType = 'Video';

CNN.expElements.expand15Store = mediaObj;

var currExpandable = "expand25";
    }

Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning Jamjoom.iran.stoning.son.plea.cnn.640x360

Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning Jamjoom.iran.stoning.son.plea.cnn.640x360Video: Pleading for mother's life

mediaObj.type = 'video';
    mediaObj.contentId = '';
    mediaObj.source = '/video/world/2010/07/06/jamjoom.iran.stoning.son.plea.cnn';

mediaObj.lgImage = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('src');
    mediaObj.lgImageX = 640;
    mediaObj.origImageX = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('width');
    mediaObj.origImageY = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('height');

CNN.expElements.expand25Store = mediaObj;

var currExpandable = "expand35";
    }

Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning Bs.stoning.film.dir.nowrasteh.cnn.640x360

Woman Sentenced to Death By Stoning Bs.stoning.film.dir.nowrasteh.cnn.640x360Video: 'The Stoning of Soraya M.'

mediaObj.type = 'video';
    mediaObj.contentId = '';
    mediaObj.source = '/video/international/2010/07/08/bs.stoning.film.dir.nowrasteh.cnn';

mediaObj.lgImageX = 640;

CNN.expElements.expand35Store = mediaObj;

var cnnRelatedTopicKeys = [];

RELATED TOPICS

Dyke said Amnesty first heard that Ashtiani had been sentenced to death by stoning from her lawyer, Mohommad Mostafaei.
    Dyke said he welcomed Iran's statement that appeared to back off from the punishment that some governments have condemned as barbaric, but added, "It raises far more questions than it answers."
    Ashtiani's son, who appealed Wednesday to Iran's courts to spare his mother's life, said he won't accept any decision short of his mother's freedom. Through human rights activist Mina Ahadi, Sajjad Mohammedie Ashtiani said he would be satisfied only when Iran's judiciary officially drops the charges against her.
    Ahadi has told CNN that only an international campaign designed to pressure the Islamic regime in Tehran could save Sakineh Ashtiani's life.
    "Legally, it's all over," said Ahadi, who heads the International Committee Against Stoning and the Death Penalty, earlier this week.
    Ashtiani's son wrote in an open letter to government officials that there was neither evidence nor legal grounds for his mother's conviction and sentence. He said the family has traveled six times from their home in Tabriz to Tehran to speak with Iranian officials, but in vain.
    "So I have no option but reaching out to them this way," he said earlier in the week.
    Why, he asked, has an accused been twice prosecuted on the same charge when Islamic criminal law allows prosecution only once?
    Sajjad Ashtiani told CNN that he visits his mother every Monday in jail, never knowing whether that meeting will be their last.
    She was convicted of adultery in 2006 and forced to confess after being subjected to 99 lashes, human rights lawyer Mostafaei told CNN. She later recanted that confession and has denied wrongdoing.
    Her conviction was based not on evidence but on the determination of three out of five judges, Mostafaei said. She has asked forgiveness from the court but the judges refused to grant clemency.
    Iran's supreme court upheld the conviction in 2007.
    Meanwhile, the U.S. State Department on Thursday acknowledged reports of the planned stoning. Spokesman Mark Toner said, "We're deeply troubled by press reports of the planned execution by Iranian authorities of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani by stoning.
    "Stoning as a means of execution is tantamount to torture. It's barbaric and an abhorrent act," he said.

"We call on the Iranian authorities to live up to their due process commitments under the International Convention on Civil and Political Rights and we condemn in the strongest terms the use of the practice of stoning anywhere it occurs as a form of legalized death by torture."

Last edited by Scott on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post by Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:40 am

So now they may hang her instead. Is this their way of telling the world they are more reasonable??
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:16 pm

They are trying to make it look that way but getting past the method of execution is the glaring charge itself and how the legal process determines guilt and WHY adultery should be a capital offense. These are also issues of paramount importance.

If they completely eliminated stoning altogether I might feel they are slowly evolving albiet in a time machine that needs a warp device. However, this is for appearances only. Their attitudes have and will not evolve which is why I could care less about that whole area. In my worst PMS I just think, wipe them all out. They are tribal cockroaches incapable of humanity. Then I consider that is pretty elitest (sp?). I do think that their tribal and unevolved mentality disqualifies them for modern weaponry. JMO. Ship them some freaking bows and arrows and rocks to go along with their mindsets.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Why was / is adultery a captial offense anywhere? This goes back to the antiquated notion that I never understood that somehow it is just unforgiveable if someone has sex with someone else. Really it is not that big of a deal. It is grounds for a breakup / divorce but that is about it. It should not even be a crime much less a capital offense.
    And yes their process for determining guilt is absurd. It ranks right up there with seeing if women float to determine if they are witches or not.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:33 pm

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2010/07/10/seg.stoning.protest.shubert.cnn
    The case is still gaining world attention. I don't know as it will be enough. Iran will not want to give the appearance that they were swayed by world opinion.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:32 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100905/ap_on_re_eu/eu_vatican_iran_stoning

I sincerely hope it works for them but I must wonder. If the AP is reporting about something is it really going on "behind the scenes".

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:40 pm

ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:18 pm

Oh Lord that's so brutal I cannot even imagine. At the moment I'm knee deep in shit for posting the story about the sect of Islam in Afghanistan that procures young boys for sex and is culturally acceptable as the women are unavailable covered in cloth and are hailed by the religious teachers as unclean because they have periods so the men take young boys, dress them as girls, make them dance, throw money at them like stripper and have sex with them. They are kept for pleasure.

I posted the story and my cousin who is Muslim had a FIT and I've been admonished on Facebook for not being fun enough and alientating people. Typical Americans doing the exact SAME THING these governments are doing...TURNING THEIR HEADS AND NOT TAKING ACTION THAT IS HUMANITARIAN.

I love in the article how the Bush war machine is to blame for this...or the so-called rise in the killings. Not much evidence to support that but if Sadaam were still in power they may be trading an honor killing for some other useless torture and murder at the hand of his regime so the little dig there is a moot point and not very journalistic, imo.

Shall I post this story on Facebook and see how many more people I can piss off with reality? I love how they opt to kill the messenger. Well they can pound sand. I'm profoundly more interested in this stuff than how many beets they pickled today - I'm so over the trivial obsessons of our citizens.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:36 pm

"I love in the article how the Bush war machine is to blame for this...or the so-called rise in the killings. Not much evidence to support that but if Sadaam were still in power they may be trading an honor killing for some other useless torture and murder at the hand of his regime so the little dig there is a moot point and not very journalistic, imo."
    Agreed. The dig at the Bush administration in this case was misplaced and unrelated to the other events in the article. This was about a murder that happened not because of an American president but because the culture that the victim lived in allows such things.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:39 am

Yes, a culture that was in place long before any action was taken in the area.

Unfortunately these cultural murders take place here in America when the "culturally challenged" move here. Why they come to America where the laws do not support their cultural ways beats me.

And why do all Muslims get offended when these types of cultural offenses done in the name of their religion are pointed out?

In Islam are there differences like there are in Christianity where I know what the heck is going on? I know the FDLS is not typically what Mormos believe and that the crazy loons that protest at military funerals are not the basic Christians that go to Baptist services in the South, but I can't seem to figure why my ginger cousin who converted to Islam at age 60 something gets all up in arms but then won't condemn her religion when it allows such extremes.

Anyone? Help me out here. Unfortunately the forum is now the Scott and Ziggy show :)Does have a good ring to it no? We sound like morning radio shock jocks. LOL @ me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:08 pm