Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

gulf or golf?

gulf or golf? Empty gulf or golf?

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:36 pm

TRENDING: RNC website asks 'Play Golf or Save the Gulf?'
    Posted: July 12th, 2010 01:08 PM ET

gulf or golf? Gal.rncweb6.rnc A new RNC website released Monday questions President Obama’s trips to the golf course during the environmental disaster in the Gulf region. (PHOTO CREDIT: RNC)

Washington (CNN) - Play golf or save the gulf?

That's the question asked on a new website launched Monday by the Republican National Committee. It lists 13 "leisure activities or missteps" made by President Obama since the Deepwater Horizon oil rig exploded on April 20, and visitors can list their top five and share them on Twitter and Facebook.

"President Obama's frustrating tendency to hit the links rather than devote his undivided attention to providing a solution to the worst ecological disaster in American history represents an unacceptable lack of seriousness and focus," RNC Chairman Michael Steele said in a statement provided to CNN. "While communities along the Gulf Coast are reeling from the devastating economic and environmental impact of the ongoing spill, it is beyond offensive that this president would even think of scheduling a tee time."

Updated at 2:00 p.m. ET with statement from Democratic National Committee Press Secretary Hari Sevugan
    :

“It’s nice to know that Michael Steele can take time out of his busy schedule of fending off calls for his resignation to play politics with the oil spill," Sevugan said. "And it’s too bad he’d rather play political games than support the Administration’s efforts to hold BP accountable and a pass energy security bill that ensures we are never in a position where we are reliant on big oil companies like BP again. Of course, if we could harness even a fraction of the energy Republicans put into these silly websites we wouldn’t need a new energy bill.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/?fbid=sohQr3hwhbg

gulf or golf? Empty Re: gulf or golf?

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:41 pm

I seem to recall similiar outrage when President Bush did something non work related while we were at war.
    Personally I think this one of those stupid things that people get upset about that in all reality meanings nothing. The man took a break. Doesn't everyone? I work absurd hours and take time off to do things that I enjoy. It is not as though his options were fix the gulf problem OR play golf and he elected to let the well keep leaking.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:51 pm

Do you think the administrations response has been approriate? Why or why not? What could be done differently?
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Actually Bush quit golfing for a while because he thought it looked bad. I think it looks bad. I was listening to the radio and everyone kept saying blah blah blah Bush started it...

My thoughts are so what? If I took over management of a company that the last manager had put into a complete mess - I would be rolling up my sleeves, bringing lunch, working weekends until the company was right again for the sake of all the employees who may suffer a lay off.

King Obama does not care people. He was a slick marketing piece. He is not willing to work every minute so that Americans can get back to work, so that we can fix some of these really rampant over-spending and fraud loop holes - people who are still getting welfare and SS checks even though they've been dead etc.

If I were the President, instead of paying Secret Service to accompany me on my various vacations and golf outings, I'd be making surprise visits to the departments that are wasting money and not cracking down on fraud. They would all be on notice by me personally. He couldn't kick any ass if he tried. pfffffftttttt.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:14 pm

PS - but OH WAIT - these career politician A-holes have never had to be accountable in a real job. They've never managed employees, budgets and had to work their asses of on a piss poor salaray to keep a job or advance. They have no work ethic.

I have two jobs and am trying to go to school. There's no money for me to vacation or golf. All of the politicians be they Republicats or Democrins are too fat and happy. But they vote for their own benefits and pay raises!!! It's all corrupt and obviously it pisses me off Smile

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:43 pm

The president takes a lot of criticism for newsworthy issues whether they are his fault or not. He is the front man. Everyone knows who the president is.
    Yet in reality he is a piece of a greater machine. Here is an idea that may be worth discussing. How about term limits for Congress? A president serves 1 or 2 terms then does something else. Senators / Congressmen park there for 30+ year careers.
    I would think that knowing you had 4 / 8 years to accomplish what you could and move on would give one a different perspective than someone has after 30 years in the same position.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:23 pm