Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

2 posters

FORUM RULES PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Percy
    Percy

FORUM RULES PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING Empty FORUM RULES PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by Percy Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:28 pm

Since we have a great group of people here and we are already touching on some very polarizing topics in our discussions I think it is time we discuss the rules of the forum so that everyone knows were we stand.

The first rule is there are no rules.

We came here from WS because we didnt like being treated like children, we are adults and we are capable of moderating ourselves and talking about things grown ups talk about. So, feel free to speak your mind here, say what you want no matter how controversial or offense it may be. I dont care what you say or what your opinion is, if you want to express it, this is a great place to do it.

That said, THE ONLY WAY we can continue to have a forum like this is to BE CERTAIN that we all dont start RIPPING EACHOTHER APART because of differences of opinion, so all I ask, and I am sure HEROINE will agree, is that we be RESPECTFUL of other people's opinions. ALL OF US come from different walks of life, we all had different experiences growing up and that in turn shapes how we feel about certain things and that is as it SHOULD BE. If we all agreed on everything the place would be pretty fucking boring wouldnt it? I like differences of opinion, it is how I learn from others and BROADEN MY HORIZONS and I hope we have provided a place where you all can experience the same.

Lets all be good to eachother and show some respect for the opinions of others and at the same time DO NOT HESITATE to experess your opinions no matter how unpopular they may be.

Keep in mind one thing, nobody forces you to read any particular post, so if you dont like what someone has to say and find yourself wanting to rip them a new asshole for saying it, the best way to deal with that is to roll that little thingy on your mouse and scroll right over that post and on to the next!

Enjoy yourself and remember that life is to short to be angry, mad, upset and pissed off, so have fun, smile, laugh and appreciate life for what it is.
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

FORUM RULES PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING Empty Re: FORUM RULES PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by Heroine Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:21 am

Thank you for doing this. I agree with you on all levels.
    This is the internet, there are going to be people who are different than you, who will have different opinions. We're supposed to all be adults carrying on conversations about very real adult things (murder, among whatever else we feel the need to discuss) and we will all have different views on the subject(s), that's supposed to be okay. I will also have you know, that because I was so sure that I wanted there to only be "adults" attending this party, only 18+ are allowed here. I have a lot of friends even who are not just like me and I can't expect them to be. Don't you think life would be boring if we were all the same?
    All I'm trying to say is respect people for who they are not what you think you know about them. If you treat people with dignity generally you will get the same in return.
    Here's a little story to help you understand a bit more about where I'm coming from. About a year ago I worked in a restaurant as a waitress and at the time had pink hair, very much like poor Emma. The "town" doctor's wife comes in as usual and on any ordinary day (while my hair is brown) she's very nice. On this particular day our conversation went
    something like this right before she exited the building:
    me: that will be $10.65
    docs wife: why did you do that to your hair, I don't like it.
    me: I like it
    docs wife: well I don't, I thought you were better than that.
    me: Are you saying that because I now have pink hair you don't
    see me the same.
    docs wife: no
    me: I'm still the same person on the inside.
    docs wife: *sigh*
    As you can all imagine, I have never been so angry in all my life. The point I'm trying to make is that things aren't always what they appear and even if they are sometimes it shouldn't matter. If you can't respectfully post your opinions, then please refrain. If it's not affecting you, who cares?
    Percy
    Percy

FORUM RULES PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING Empty Re: FORUM RULES PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Post by Percy Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:18 am

Heroine wrote:Thank you for doing this. I agree with you on all levels.
    This is the internet, there are going to be people who are different than you, who will have different opinions. We're supposed to all be adults carrying on conversations about very real adult things (murder, among whatever else we feel the need to discuss) and we will all have different views on the subject(s), that's supposed to be okay. I will also have you know, that because I was so sure that I wanted there to only be "adults" attending this party, only 18+ are allowed here. I have a lot of friends even who are not just like me and I can't expect them to be. Don't you think life would be boring if we were all the same?
    All I'm trying to say is respect people for who they are not what you think you know about them. If you treat people with dignity generally you will get the same in return.
    Here's a little story to help you understand a bit more about where I'm coming from. About a year ago I worked in a restaurant as a waitress and at the time had pink hair, very much like poor Emma. The "town" doctor's wife comes in as usual and on any ordinary day (while my hair is brown) she's very nice. On this particular day our conversation went
    something like this right before she exited the building:
    me: that will be $10.65
    docs wife: why did you do that to your hair, I don't like it.
    me: I like it
    docs wife: well I don't, I thought you were better than that.
    me: Are you saying that because I now have pink hair you don't
    see me the same.
    docs wife: no
    me: I'm still the same person on the inside.
    docs wife: *sigh*
    As you can all imagine, I have never been so angry in all my life. The point I'm trying to make is that things aren't always what they appear and even if they are sometimes it shouldn't matter. If you can't respectfully post your opinions, then please refrain. If it's not affecting you, who cares?

Thank you for this, it adds very nicely to what I posted and I am glad I had your support in what I did, I didnt want to post anything without running it by you first but with you fighting your cold I didnt want to burden you further and I felt a simple plea for respect for all posters was needed so that we dont have to turn this place into just another any old forum where everyone has to be treated like children because they refuse to act like adults.

GRANTED I have seen NO PROBLEMS yet and I didnt post this because I was starting to see any, but we have grown a bit in membership and I just wanted to nip this bud early so that we can all have fun and speak our minds freely and without fear of retribution.
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:26 am

Pax, I trust your actions. You have my permission to post whatever you feel this forum needs at any time.Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:27 pm