Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+6
dangrsmind
Heroine
ziggy
claudicici
ericclimbs
AndresEscobar
10 posters

Sam's motion for change of venue

LoveEndsWar
    LoveEndsWar

Sam's motion for change of venue - Page 2 Empty Re: Sam's motion for change of venue

Post by LoveEndsWar Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    This is an article about change of venue which also has the mug shot I was talking about where Sam doesn't look coherant.
    Snipped~ McCroskey's lawyers are expected to argue that media attention to the multiple murders will make it difficult to seat an impartial jury.

There is also an audio clip at the end of the article about change of venue techniques in VA.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Sam's motion for change of venue - Page 2 Empty Re: Sam's motion for change of venue

Post by dangrsmind Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:04 am

I've looked a lot of mugshots, literally thousands of them, as well as thousands facial images taken from various angles without the subjects' knowledge. I don't think he looks particularly messed up or wasted here. He is looking away from the camera, which is common during mughots. Most people are embarrassed and afraid and don't want to look into the camera. The officers taking the photograph are supposed to ensure the suspect does look directly at the camera. What you have here then is simply a badly taken mugshot. This image says more about the Farmville PD than about Sam IMO.
    LoveEndsWar
    LoveEndsWar

Post by LoveEndsWar Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:11 am

Thank you, as I have heard your history with imaging I greatly value your opinion. I agree that he looks ashamed vs. proud.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:20 am

LoveEndsWar wrote:Thank you, as I have heard your history with imaging I greatly value your opinion. I agree that he looks ashamed vs. proud.

In general I would say it is difficult to tell much about a person's mental state from a single image. There are exceptions of course...

Sam's motion for change of venue - Page 2 Meth
    Wes
    Wes

Post by Wes Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:21 pm

dangrsmind wrote:
    Heroine wrote:
    claudicici wrote:god,I keep looking for the "thanks" button..
    Me too! I keep searching to see if this forum will even allow that. I'd really like a thanks button!

The thanks button is a nice feature, but I think we can live without it.

Sam's motion for change of venue - Page 2 Thanks_button-p145984161456397570t5sj_400

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:54 pm