Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

4 posters

NEW FORUM LOOK

Percy
    Percy

NEW FORUM LOOK Empty NEW FORUM LOOK

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:37 am

Heroine and I decided to add a new look to the place, we are creating some new forums to break things up a little better, we will have a true crime forum with a subforum for our farmville case and another subforum for crimes in the news to discuss other interesting cases so please post them when you find them.

We will have a general discussion area lounge for general chit chat and fun things.

We will have a CURRENT EVENTS, POLITICS AND LAW forum.

We will have an OCCULT, RELIGION AND SPIRITUALITY FORUM for those topics.

We will have a CONSPIRACY THEORY forum for the tin foil hatters like myself.

We will have an ARTS ENTERTAINMENT AND CULTURE forum.

Finally we will have a SPORTS FORUM for anyone who enjoys talking sports.

ENJOY and please thank HEROINE she did all the hard work.
    Percy
    Percy

NEW FORUM LOOK Empty Re: NEW FORUM LOOK

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:40 am

So what do you all think, do you like the new forum look and choice of disucssion topics? I think it looks sharp, Heroine rocks out!
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:14 am

The forums and sub-forums are well-chosen. Was there still a separate forum for laughter/comedy or whatever? We'll still need that to separate out threads that are just telling a simple joke. (Did I say simple? I meant, um, short!)

One thing about typography: Do you see how easy it is to read the Farmville sub-forum name in the list? That's because of the caps/lowercase. I'd turn at least one level of heading into caps/lc rather than all caps. All caps is hard on the eyes.

Thanks for doing this, P and H. Things are shaping up nicely! -tap
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:21 am

Wait. Now I think I see: you have forum names in all caps, subforums in caps/lc. I can see why that would seem perfectly workable; the problem is when there is no subforum. So, for example, look at the Latest Posts list, at how all the main forum names show up there, vs. how something like the Johnny Depp thread looks with its subforum title in caps/lc.

Very tricky little situation.... typography always is. Maybe leave it for now and see if we start using sub-forums more....

Do you wish I'd never brought this up? I know I do....

oh, and, good morning! drink coffee
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:40 am

tapu wrote:Wait. Now I think I see: you have forum names in all caps, subforums in caps/lc. I can see why that would seem perfectly workable; the problem is when there is no subforum. So, for example, look at the Latest Posts list, at how all the main forum names show up there, vs. how something like the Johnny Depp thread looks with its subforum title in caps/lc.

Very tricky little situation.... typography always is. Maybe leave it for now and see if we start using sub-forums more....

Do you wish I'd never brought this up? I know I do....

oh, and, good morning! drink coffee

Morning, maybe Heroine can work on that, I dont have access to admin so she would have to look at that, my role was simply bouncing ideas off her and she did all the work and did a nice job. I see what you mean though. Can be fixed easily I am sure.
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:09 am

The categories are excellent and it's set up really nicely. I am just sorry there wasn't something about which I could post:

WTF!?

Oh, but I managed to anyway.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:26 am

It looks good! Good job Heroine! WTF!?
    TiffaniLane
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:29 am

me like! Wink thanks beautifuL!

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:35 pm

I posted this in another thread but can we please change the font color of
    <LI class=begin>Outcasts - Room name</LI>

at the tope

The color is is now is too hard to see with the blue background (at least for these old eyes)
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:54 pm

dabobkat wrote:I posted this in another thread but can we please change the font color of
    <li class="begin">Outcasts - Room name</li>

at the tope

The color is is now is too hard to see with the blue background (at least for these old eyes)
    Okay What is everyone seeing now? It seems as though everytime I change anything it goes back to the blue one. I'll see if I can figure out why. It also seems to like to layer rather than delete the previous one and add a new one.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Heroine is having some trouble learning the ropes, everything you see that is problemetic at this point is temporary and will be fixed in time, we are both reading and trying to figure out what our color/graphics options are so you will see changes that may not be permanent, if you have any problems just post them here and we will definitely work on it and try and get everyone everything they want.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:01 pm

Just wanted to chime in and let everyone know that I realize it appears I have posted an awful lot in each forum and that it may seem like I am trying to dominate the discussion, but please know that is not my intention nor is it the case. I have had this week off work and next week I return to work and wont have has much time to post so my agreement with Heroine was that she take the time to create some other forums for the place so that there is something for everyone and I would in turn do my part to try and post some interesting links in each forum to get things kick started so that the forums wouldnt be bare and people wouldnt shy away from them because of their bareness. So please feel free to post interesting stuff in all of the forums, I have done my part to get things kick started and now I will return to the real world and get back to making some money and doing what I do. I have enjoyed this week, getting to know you all and being able to experience what it is like to set up a forum.

If you have any questions or concerns let Heroine or myself know and we will do our best to change things more to your liking or whatever needs to be done to make you comfortable and happy here.

P

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:10 am

Wow, being out of kelter a few days and come back and see a new site! Looks fantabulous! It's hard work, and Pax and Heroine, mucho kudos for you, and the rest of us that post in here!!!! NEW FORUM LOOK 622579

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:05 am