Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

2 posters

CNN Poll: Majority says government a threat to citizens' rights

Percy
    Percy

CNN Poll: Majority says government a threat to citizens' rights Empty CNN Poll: Majority says government a threat to citizens' rights

Post by Percy Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:59 pm

CNN Poll: Majority says government a threat to citizens' rights
    Posted: February 26th, 2010 09:00 AM ET

From CNN Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser

Fifty-six percent of Americans say the government poses an immediate threat to individual rights and freedoms.

Washington (CNN) – A majority of Americans think the federal government poses a threat to rights of Americans, according to a new national poll.

Fifty-six percent of people questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Friday say they think the federal government's become so large and powerful that it poses an immediate threat to the rights and freedoms of ordinary citizens. Forty-four percent of those polled disagree.

The survey indicates a partisan divide on the question: only 37 percent of Democrats, 63 percent of Independents and nearly 7 in 10 Republicans say the federal government poses a threat to the rights of Americans.

According to CNN poll numbers released Sunday, Americans overwhelmingly think that the U.S. government is broken - though the public overwhelmingly holds out hope that what's broken can be fixed.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll was conducted February 12-15, with 1,023 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points for the overall survey.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...id=HTIeiZIr-Er
    Mags
    Mags

CNN Poll: Majority says government a threat to citizens' rights Empty Re: CNN Poll: Majority says government a threat to citizens' rights

Post by Mags Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:00 am

Is that a spark of hope I see?
    Percy
    Percy

CNN Poll: Majority says government a threat to citizens' rights Empty Re: CNN Poll: Majority says government a threat to citizens' rights

Post by Percy Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:21 am

Mags wrote:Is that a spark of hope I see?

We can only hope...I think sometimes that people are waking up, other times it seems rather hopeless...
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:34 pm

Paximus wrote:
    Mags wrote:Is that a spark of hope I see?

We can only hope...I think sometimes that people are waking up, other times it seems rather hopeless...
    People recognizing that a problem exists is the first step. Trying to rally people up out of their recliners and off the internet and taking an active role in the saving of our country is gonna be the tough nut to crack.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content