Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+5
Wes
ericclimbs
Peace
ziggy
Percy
9 posters

Health Care Reform

Wes
    Wes

Health Care Reform - Page 2 Empty Re: Health Care Reform

Post by Wes Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:27 am

http://www.politico.com/livepulse/0310/Pelosi_People_wont_appreciate_reform_until_it_passes.html?showall

Nancy Pelosi: “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it – away from the fog of the controversy.”

What??? She wants us to wait until AFTER it's passed to find out what's in it?

I really can't wait til this November and then 2012.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:01 am

ok here's the thing,i grew up with universal healthcare,I even think germany has the oldest universal health care system,everyone's covered,it's just nothing to worry about...I don't get it ,the USA is the ONLY industrialized nation without it and people are freaking out over it ........I pay $40 a week out of my paycheck for my insurance it would be twice as much if I add cici,I can't afford it...so she's on government assistance the thing is I have to reapply every 6 months and if I work too much overtime she's not eligible...well,I wasn't careful over christmas and worked too much so no insurance for my kid...I had to take her to the clinic yesterday,she has strep throat,that was $80 and $20 for the penicillin...hope she doesn't get her appetite back soon because $100 is 2 weeks worth of grocery money for me...well,I could work some overtime but better not Health Care Reform - Page 2 Confused ...I don't get it,I really don't....
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:33 pm

However, if Obama has his way your health care will be 20% of your income. I bet you don't pay that much right now for your insurance 20%???? That's a lot.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:18 pm

...it would be if I add cici,so it wouldn't really matter....see back home we pay a lot of taxes but therefore daycare,school,healthcare is covered...
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:41 pm

...oh and about the whole immigration issue (which deserves its own thread) the system is completely whacked unless you get married it's nearly impossible to become legal....just an exemple we have this program at work where they bring in foreigners and they get to stay for a year on what's called a j1 visa,well some years ago we had a guy from indonesia,the gm kept telling him oh you're so awesome we're going to sponsor you and so on,well,that's when the tsunami hit in indonesia,this guy lost his mother ,his home ,he literally had nothing to go back to,so all of a sudden the GM said oh we can't sponsor people sorry...so I called immigration and pretended to be HR of my company and it's possible but expensive and complicated so i told the GM and he was like end of discussion ...i was so upset...honestly there's no real chance of becoming legal unless someone pulls the strings for you,it's not a system that's based on any fairness or anything concrete actually ,honestly back when I got my green card I 'm convinced I got it because I was 19,a girl from a western european country and the guy I was talking seemed to like that,there were about a hundred people waiting in the same room at the same time I was there who would have deserved that card so much more than me and they didn't get it and that was over 20 years ago now it's even harder...
    Wes
    Wes

Post by Wes Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Thanks for the free healthcare you working stiffs.

WTF!? Thank You
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:51 pm

I pay 205 bucks a month for my health insurance. Its a private plan and not through work. When they hooked me with it it was 130 bucks a month but the fuckers have raised it three times in two years. The only thing I want out of this legislation is that the insurance company won't screw me over when I really do get sick, which is what health insurance companies usually do to private buyers. I've been paying for this insurance, trying to do the right thing, but I don't really even trust them. And I'm healthier than most people half my age -- haven't been to a doctor in over 3 years. . .
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:28 pm

claudicici wrote:ok here's the thing,i grew up with universal healthcare,I even think germany has the oldest universal health care system,everyone's covered,it's just nothing to worry about...I don't get it ,the USA is the ONLY industrialized nation without it and people are freaking out over it ........I pay $40 a week out of my paycheck for my insurance it would be twice as much if I add cici,I can't afford it...so she's on government assistance the thing is I have to reapply every 6 months and if I work too much overtime she's not eligible...well,I wasn't careful over christmas and worked too much so no insurance for my kid...I had to take her to the clinic yesterday,she has strep throat,that was $80 and $20 for the penicillin...hope she doesn't get her appetite back soon because $100 is 2 weeks worth of grocery money for me...well,I could work some overtime but better not Health Care Reform - Page 2 Confused ...I don't get it,I really don't....

Awww....I'm just now reading this. I hope miss cici didn't get hungry and it all worked out for you. Health Care Reform - Page 2 316827
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Health Care Reform - Page 2 622579 ...i'm just being a drama queen about it...she 's at the age were she never wants to eat anyways,lol
    ...but it does piss me of that I can't afford health insurance for my kid..
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:26 pm

claudicici wrote:Health Care Reform - Page 2 622579 ...i'm just being a drama queen about it...she 's at the age were she never wants to eat anyways,lol
    ...but it does piss me of that I can't afford health insurance for my kid..
    Man, seriously, if you guys ever seriously ever need food and cant afford any let me know and I will help you myself, I cant stand the thought of you going hungry because the world is all fucked up. I mean it.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:30 am

well,I do keep my food budget low so me and cici can have a higher "fun" budget,we do spend another $50 a week or so on stuff we don't need so if it was ever that bad I'd just cut that budget...I'm sorry,I didn't mean to make you guys think we're actually starving,I was just being overly dramatic and pissed off at the time Health Care Reform - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:48 am

claudicici wrote:well,I do keep my food budget low so me and cici can have a higher "fun" budget,we do spend another $50 a week or so on stuff we don't need so if it was ever that bad I'd just cut that budget...I'm sorry,I didn't mean to make you guys think we're actually starving,I was just being overly dramatic and pissed off at the time Health Care Reform - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
    Health Care Reform - Page 2 316827

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:14 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content