Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

2 posters

The Oscars and those movies

ziggy
    ziggy

The Oscars and those movies Empty The Oscars and those movies

Post by ziggy Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:31 pm

I don't have TV so I did not watch, plus I typically don't enjoy those shows that much. In addition, I don't think I saw any of those movies this year!

I just put The Hurt Locker on my Netflix que. Do not want to see Avatar (why? don't want to support James C's propoganda cartoon Smile )

Did any of you see some of the other movies? Tell me what you thought. Does anyone really care what everyone was wearing? I'm a girly girl and could care less! I don't understand that level of fascination with celebrity I guess.

Clue me in...
    claudicici
    claudicici

The Oscars and those movies Empty Re: The Oscars and those movies

Post by claudicici Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:49 pm

I didn't watch the oscars and I don't care what they were wearing but all I have to say I'm happy to see that Monique won for "precious"...to me personally I think that was one of the best performances I have ever seen...she plays an abusive mother who lives on welfare,let's her child get raped repeatedly by her husband,beats her child ,almost kills her grandchild (that is fathered by her husband) but by the end of the movie you actually forgive her character and feel sadness and compassion for her...if you don't want to cry in a movie that one's definetely not for you ziggy but that's the only one I have seen from the bunch
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:01 am

OMG no! I don't want to cry and that stuff is so depressing I can't figure out why on earth anyone would go see it for "entertainment" value! Just read WS and you get enough of that real life sadness every day. I don't need to pay to see re-created horrors of real life....too sad.

This is probably why I don't see a lot of Oscar winners huh? Dumb and Dumber wasn't up for one was it?
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:05 am

Wait, was that Mariah Carey in that movie? Glitter redemption lol.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:07 am

yep,lenny kravitz is in it too.....and I'm ashamed to admit I kinda liked "glitter" The Oscars and those movies Icon_redface

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content