Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+3
ziggy
Percy

Question.....

Question..... Empty Question.....

Post by karma Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:28 pm

I didn't want to muck up the murder part so I'm asking here.

What is it you all do here? I see you looking at a case. Do you just talk about it? Try to solve it? What?

I had to look up horrorcore..doh on me. Eminem is considered horrorcrore? According to a site I'm looking at.

I'll probably stick to general/chit chat but I'm curious.
    Percy
    Percy

Question..... Empty Re: Question.....

Post by Percy Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:39 pm

Yea its just an interesting case that we all sort of enjoy looking at. There really isnt much more to it than that, the case is solved, we are just discussing it.

Also contrary to some rumors we are not hackers, yes this site has a shitload of cookies and adware, you need to run Super anti spyware its a free download, google it. Its just the nature of the free forum beast and has nothing to do with anyone here I can assure you that.

The site has no viruses, I wouldnt be here if it did, I have scanned it several times and it is clean of anything malacious but it does have its share of adware and such, easily fixed with adware scans.

Post by karma Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Sorry. I didn't mean for anyone to think I was saying anyone here is a hacker. It was something I noticed and another had a problem too. I did a scan of my computer, well it does it everyday and according to it, I'm fine.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:51 pm

karma wrote:Sorry. I didn't mean for anyone to think I was saying anyone here is a hacker. It was something I noticed and another had a problem too. I did a scan of my computer, well it does it everyday and according to it, I'm fine.
    No I know you didnt say that but there seemed to be some talk of it and I just didnt want anyone scared away, its a free forum so it does have its problems with adware and shit and hopefully we will have a new forum soon when I get time, but there are definitely no hackers in this group seeking to do harm to anyone. Its a good group of intelligent people.

If you have any questions about the case let me know, none of us are really horrorcore fans but we all have an interest in the discussion as to whether music can influence people and make them do things like commit murder etc, thats a big debate within this case.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi Karma- I have been interested in true crime stories for a long time and started reading about JonBenet Ramsey in particular wwwwayyyy back when on the internet and then found these forums where people discuss all aspects of the crime and the trials. I'm fascinated by forensics and criminal procedure and other interesting factors - so much so I actually started law school in hopes of becoming a criminal prosecutor (if I'm not too old by the time I get there!)

In the murder case of David Westerfield (Danielle van Dam the child victim/San Diego) the prosecutor and defense people were watching our forum and even had people sign in and chat with us. The prosecution actually got a sort of tip having to do with hair transfer from our group discussion and they used it in trial against Westerfield who was found guilty and is now on death row in San Quentin.

That is RARE but don't think that the smart ones aren't finding out what their potential jurors might think and checking those forums for leads or ideas.

I'm fascinated in the process from how they find the perpetrator, why he/she did it; whether I think they have the right person and how they prove it.

Some people follow sports - I follow crimes and trials.

So here we are discussing Sam and his abismal horrorcore rap career that will be forever memorialized in mass murderer and trying to factor in all of the above - motive, influences, guilt, defenses and procedural posturing etc....

Glad you came back to have some light fun with us too because I seriously need that as a nice break from the doom and gloom of criminal acts.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:54 pm

Question..... 97195 Question..... 177492 Question..... 18478
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:59 pm

Karma,
    I honestly think this is a good thread. It answers questions for our visitors before they even have a question about it. It also clears up a few things such as what Pax mentioned, we are not hackers. Honestly, I couldn't hack a computer if I wanted to. I wouldn't know where to start. I think I'm a pretty good sleuth though, even if I say so myself. Question..... Icon_biggrin Which brings me to why I'm here. I've always been into forensic investigation and if I didn't have to be a cop before I could be an investigator it would have been my occupation of choice.
    I'm really into true crimes and finding answers to questions about crimes. Also I live about 30-40 minutes from where the horrorcore murders took place. So as you can imagine that case in particular caught my attention.
    So there you have it, that's why I'm here! Hope you like it here and will get involved in our discussions.
    Question..... 316827
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Heroine wrote:Karma,
    I honestly think this is a good thread. It answers questions for our visitors before they even have a question about it. It also clears up a few things such as what Pax mentioned, we are not hackers. Honestly, I couldn't hack a computer if I wanted to. I wouldn't know where to start. I think I'm a pretty good sleuth though, even if I say so myself. Question..... Icon_biggrin Which brings me to why I'm here. I've always been into forensic investigation and if I didn't have to be a cop before I could be an investigator it would have been my occupation of choice.
    I'm really into true crimes and finding answers to questions about crimes. Also I live about 30-40 minutes from where the horrorcore murders took place. So as you can imagine that case in particular caught my attention.
    So there you have it, that's why I'm here! Hope you like it here and will get involved in our discussions.
    Question..... 316827

Question..... 418352 Question..... 418352 Question..... 316827
    Wes
    Wes

Post by Wes Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:19 am

karma wrote:I didn't want to muck up the murder part so I'm asking here.

What is it you all do here? I see you looking at a case. Do you just talk about it? Try to solve it? What?

I had to look up horrorcore..doh on me. Eminem is considered horrorcrore? According to a site I'm looking at.

I'll probably stick to general/chit chat but I'm curious.

We all came together at Websleuths and the Sam/horrorcore discussion was just one thread - at least until it got too big and then a new one would get started and it just continued there.

So basically now we've gone from one thread to an entire site. So the main reason we're here is to continue the discussion about the crime and track the case and trial. But there's also alot of general off topic discussion too. And no, we're not trying to solve this one, since the long ago caught the guy responsible red-handed.

And, the main reason I was drawn to this discussion was because it happened about an hour from where I live. And coincidentally I was in Farmville, the place this occurred, the day they found the bodies. Of course I didn't know this was happening until the next day. After that I started reading up on it and then stumbled upon Websleuths.

Also, since you asked about here I've been meaning to ask about the Red Leather Couch. What exactly do you all do there? From what I've seen it looks much like our off topic section. Is it basically a place to hang out and talk about anything, or is there something else to it also?
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:59 am

The case brings together a lot of my personal interests. The occult, music, digital media, and youth culture and subcultures. I also have a professional interest in understanding criminal decision processes and criminal decision making and I have done some work in that area. More recently, my professional interest in analyzing online text has become relevant as well.

Also I met the murderer's sister a few years back, something I didn't realize until many weeks after I started following the case. She is pretty well known in some circles here in the bay area.

Since then, I've found several other people interested in the case that have fascinating mutual interests to my own.

My only goal is to know the truth.
    bobskat
    bobskat

Post by bobskat Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:45 pm

Interestingly enough I got my start in chat groups talking about a murder case
    KGO website use to allow people to talk about NEWS stories and I got hooked on the Scott Peterson case. I moved on to other news topics from there

They closed that site and someone there invited me to RLC and I stayed there since

I’ve been tempted to look at the cases here but I think I would have to do a lot of reading to catch up I might still pop in and look it over though

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:48 am