Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

3 posters

Anybody else her like stock car racing?

DoctorZ

Anybody else her like stock car racing? Empty Anybody else her like stock car racing?

Post by DoctorZ Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:56 pm

Since I was very young, I've loved stock cars. Really I like oval track racing all around, dirt or paved, outlaws, modifieds, stock cars, I'll watch it all. Anybody else like to watch NASCAR? I'm a big Tony Stewart fan.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Anybody else her like stock car racing? Empty Re: Anybody else her like stock car racing?

Post by ziggy Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:42 pm

I like NASCAR! I used to make fun of it when I moved to the South, but one day I started watching a race on TV and realized how much strategy goes into the race and I love stuff like that. I immediately liked Tony Stewart even though I hate the color Orange (and when you live in TN that is a big no-no - you must LOVE ORANGE), lol. I have not had a chance to see any for a long time with no TV but hoping to get out to Sear's Point raceway sometime this summer and see my first live race.
    Kay
    Kay

Anybody else her like stock car racing? Empty Re: Anybody else her like stock car racing?

Post by Kay Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:04 pm

ziggy wrote:I like NASCAR! I used to make fun of it when I moved to the South, but one day I started watching a race on TV and realized how much strategy goes into the race and I love stuff like that. I immediately liked Tony Stewart even though I hate the color Orange (and when you live in TN that is a big no-no - you must LOVE ORANGE), lol. I have not had a chance to see any for a long time with no TV but hoping to get out to Sear's Point raceway sometime this summer and see my first live race.

I'm going to Talladega in a couple of weeks. My husband and I and another couple bring our pop-up camper and stay in the infield. This will be my third year. I do not like racing. It is all one long left turn. I don't really pay attention until the last 10 laps. Plus, I need the instant replay.

After sitting in the grandstands and watching the spectators, I decided I would no longer argue with people when they said NASCAR was redneck. Smile
    DoctorZ

Post by DoctorZ Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:02 pm

There is a lot more to it than turning left, you just have to learn about the "art." I'm going to Richmond in May, my girlfriend bought me tickets for my birthday.

I was a huge Dale Earnhardt fan. I was really sad when he died. I think what made me like Tony Stewart after that was his mouth. He's never really been afraid to speak his mind.
    Kay
    Kay

Post by Kay Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:32 am

DoctorZ wrote:There is a lot more to it than turning left, you just have to learn about the "art." I'm going to Richmond in May, my girlfriend bought me tickets for my birthday.

I was a huge Dale Earnhardt fan. I was really sad when he died. I think what made me like Tony Stewart after that was his mouth. He's never really been afraid to speak his mind.

Yeah, it is actually left turn, go real fast, left turn, go real fast. Anybody else her like stock car racing? 130642 I do recognize that auto racing is a difficult sport, but it just bores me to watch it for so long. If the races were all 10 laps, I'd be loving it! I do like the rest of it -- the atmosphere, the personalities, the conflicts. I hated it when Tony Stewart started keeping his temper in check. I like it when they're fighting. I can't wait for someone to deck Kyle Bush. Anybody else her like stock car racing? 263561

Will you stay overnight or are you close enough to just go to the race without having to stay over? Talladega is about four hours away from me. I'll have a good time at Talladega -- great company and lots of fun people watching.
    DoctorZ

Post by DoctorZ Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Kay wrote:
    DoctorZ wrote:There is a lot more to it than turning left, you just have to learn about the "art." I'm going to Richmond in May, my girlfriend bought me tickets for my birthday.

Yeah, it is actually left turn, go real fast, left turn, go real fast. Anybody else her like stock car racing? 130642 I do recognize that auto racing is a difficult sport, but it just bores me to watch it for so long. If the races were all 10 laps, I'd be loving it! I do like the rest of it -- the atmosphere, the personalities, the conflicts. I hated it when Tony Stewart started keeping his temper in check. I like it when they're fighting. I can't wait for someone to deck Kyle Bush. Anybody else her like stock car racing? 263561

Will you stay overnight or are you close enough to just go to the race without having to stay over? Talladega is about four hours away from me. I'll have a good time at Talladega -- great company and lots of fun people watching.

We will stay overnight. Richomond is only about two hours away. It's a Saturday night race, so we're going down Saturday morning and coming home Sunday morning.

Have you been to Talladega in the past? Where you there last year when Carl Edwards flew into the fence?

I also miss Tony running his mouth, but I get why he has to be responsible now. I'll be shocked if Kyle can run his whole career without somebody throwing a punch at him. He loves being the bad guy.
    Kay
    Kay

Post by Kay Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:17 am

DoctorZ wrote:
    Kay wrote:

We will stay overnight. Richomond is only about two hours away. It's a Saturday night race, so we're going down Saturday morning and coming home Sunday morning.

Have you been to Talladega in the past? Where you there last year when Carl Edwards flew into the fence?

I also miss Tony running his mouth, but I get why he has to be responsible now. I'll be shocked if Kyle can run his whole career without somebody throwing a punch at him. He loves being the bad guy.

Yes, this will be my third trip to Talladega. My husband and his friend have gone for years. When I met my husband it turned into a couples trip (not my idea). Smile We were there when Edwards flew into the fence. It was lucky that the injury to the spectator was pretty minor considering the accident. I think Kyle is a really good driver, but I just cannot bring myself to cheer for him because of his crappy personality. Love that M & M car though. I'll try to take some pictures and post them here if they're any good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:41 pm