Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

2 posters

Cirque Du Soleil

Cirque Du Soleil Empty Cirque Du Soleil

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:11 am

I just got back from seeing Cirque Du Soleil OVO

I've seen 7 shows from them now
    2 in Las Vegas

5 touring shows

This was one of the best of the touring shows

If it comes to your town I say SEE IT

I go sleep now
    Write review later
    wadahoot
    wadahoot

Cirque Du Soleil Empty Re: Cirque Du Soleil

Post by wadahoot Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 am

dabobkat wrote:I just got back from seeing Cirque Du Soleil

Was the one you saw in Vegas, or on the road tonight?

I was going to go to the traveling one, but my ex-sister-in-law said that her boyfriend (yeah, convoluted!) had seen it in Vegas and when they went to the traveling show he felt it was just barren ... losing much of it's 'punch' ... so I didn't go. Now I'm kinda sad Neutral
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:56 am

oooo I just saw Ovo in the tent in SF and it is really great. I've only seen 3 so far, all in the tent...Oh, actually 4: Saltimbanco - Allegria - Dralion and Ovo. Always amazing but the lizard guys in Ovo are the most amazing things I've ever seen!

Last edited by ziggy on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling what else)

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:08 pm

wadahoot wrote:
    dabobkat wrote:I just got back from seeing Cirque Du Soleil

Was the one you saw in Vegas, or on the road tonight?

I was going to go to the traveling one, but my ex-sister-in-law said that her boyfriend (yeah, convoluted!) had seen it in Vegas and when they went to the traveling show he felt it was just barren ... losing much of it's 'punch' ... so I didn't go. Now I'm kinda sad Neutral

Really Hoot?
    I've seen 5 in tents
    and 2 Vegas shows
    Yes they can do a lot more in Vegas but they have the building with more room
    The tent shows are still amazing and awe striking

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:17 pm

What Ziggy said about the lizards (the one’s on the trampoline ziggy?) was right on
    They had a great trapeze act that was amazing; three bars and tossing people back and forth between them. Of course the people flying through the air were doing flips and pikes. Killer stuff

A young man used a string and a top to entertain us. He throw that thing 30 feet in the air and caught it on the string. He juggled 3 tops and never missed a beat

Six girls came out with padded drums that looked like kiwi and got on their backs and rolled and flipped the drums with their feet. Then they did it with other veggies but that wasn’t enough. Three girls got on their back and the other three got on their feet and they bounced the girls back and forth between the different ones on the floor all while balancing other things.

One of the most beautiful acts was a man and woman that did tricks on a rope from the ceiling
    First she did a bunch of tricks like holding on to the rope about half way up and he spun the rope so she can get parallel to the floor. Then he did some tricks including wrapping the rope around his legs and laying parallel to the floor while she sat on him they went up about half way (20 feet I think) and she did flips and hung from him and then they got “close” I thought I needed a cold shower

They had a contortionist who tied herself in knots and was just as smooth as silk as she did so.

Of course they had clown acts that were amusing. The clowns involved members of the audience which is always fun.

The music was great, but a little loud for these old ears.

All I can say is that I spent most of the time staring and shaking my head thinking “WOW!!!!”

Oh and I can do most of that stuff too. Of course when the alarm clock goes off I have to stop and get out of bed

I'd give it 4.5 stars out of 5
    wadahoot
    wadahoot

Post by wadahoot Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:05 am

Well, crap. Last time I take his advise! Mad
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:55 pm

bobkat - the guy on the "loose wire" as opposed to a tight wire also really blew my mind. That rope was sagging and he did a one arm hand stand on it and THEN, when he got out the unicycle and I realized he was going to ride on his head I blurted out "Oh no he isn't!" mr. zig laughed at me.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:24 pm

ziggy wrote:bobkat - the guy on the "loose wire" as opposed to a tight wire also really blew my mind. That rope was sagging and he did a one arm hand stand on it and THEN, when he got out the unicycle and I realized he was going to ride on his head I blurted out "Oh no he isn't!" mr. zig laughed at me.
    I forgot to mention him, Thanks Ziggy
    I mean it’s hard enough to do those things on a tightrope. He was doing them on a lose rope

What about the caterpillar turning into a butterfly dance? How awesome was that?

What always amazes me is how much of the stage changes during the acts. It’s a lot of work for a tent show.

I’m a tightwad and I always like when I get my monies worth. I’ve never felt I was overcharged for any of the Cirque Du Soleil shows that I’ve seen

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:22 am