Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+4
ericclimbs
Percy
tapu
Heroine
8 posters

Getting Up to Speed

Getting Up to Speed Empty Getting Up to Speed

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:05 pm

Is there something the non-former WS members can read to catch up on the discussion regarding the Farmville murders? I remember reading about it when it first happened, but that's it. The biggest surprise for me was that there was a genre of music such as Horrorcore.

I can't really make heads or tails of it by reading just what has been posted here.

Thanks.
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Getting Up to Speed Empty Re: Getting Up to Speed

Post by Heroine Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:09 pm

We are working on getting all of the information transferred to this site. Soon you can read ALL about it. It just may take some time to get it all here. However, I guess there would be no harm in you going to websleuths and reading all we've posted so far, but then you wouldn't be on here. Sad
    Hopefully we'll get it all here soon though.
    Smile
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:31 pm

Kay, I know I speak for a whole bunch of us when I say, I am so pleased that you want to!!

Heroine is right about a lot of info coming, but I think what you may have in mind is like a "primer."

I don't keep links to news stories but a lot of folks here do. Can anyone pull out 5-6 article links in order that can serve as an intro?

I would love it if the Couchers started diving into this, too.

Hey, Kay, as an aside, Where Are Bander and Sig???? I want to talk to Bander about something..... (Oh, and I'm not on facebook.)
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Read these

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:37 pm

BTW...I was just at websleuths and there seem to be a couple threads missing affraid
    I could be wrong, but it looks as though 5 and 6 are no longer there. Maybe I just overlooked them?
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:41 pm

HERE SHE COMES TO SAVE THE DAY!!!!

I love when you do that. You gotta stop it, though. Dangrs and I have already decided we're too old. Wink
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:43 pm

Damn you thanks button!! Where are you!? haha! Embarassed
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:44 pm

Thank you, too, Pax, my man.

I really think the key to building regular participation here is to get people involved in the different stuff, not necessarily what they came for.

Heroine, would you like to get together tonight (here) and think about some forum categories that might be good? I'm kind of into that....

Of course we could open it up, too, but just as a start. I do not want to lose momentum.

Oh! I have somsething else to say about that. Remind me later! Gotta run!

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:11 pm

Thanks, Pax and Heroine, for those links. I'll try to get as caught up as possible so I'm not totally clueless. I sometimes have a problem with being clueless (shaddup you, tapu). Laughing

Heroine, I signed up at WS so I could try to find tapu, before someone gave me her email address. I'm staying here, but I could always read stuff over there.study

By the way, the Billings murders happened about 10 miles from me (the couple who had something like 18 disabled children).

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:18 pm

tapu wrote:Kay, I know I speak for a whole bunch of us when I say, I am so pleased that you want to!!

Heroine is right about a lot of info coming, but I think what you may have in mind is like a "primer."

I don't keep links to news stories but a lot of folks here do. Can anyone pull out 5-6 article links in order that can serve as an intro?

I would love it if the Couchers started diving into this, too.

Hey, Kay, as an aside, Where Are Bander and Sig???? I want to talk to Bander about something..... (Oh, and I'm not on facebook.)

what happened to your facebook account?!
    anyhoo, call me sometime, or somethin....
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:22 pm

Kay,

This page is from the local NBC affiliate. Its somewhat of a summary page of all their articles;

Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:36 pm

The Kay wrote:Thanks, Pax and Heroine, for those links. I'll try to get as caught up as possible so I'm not totally clueless. I sometimes have a problem with being clueless (shaddup you, tapu). Laughing

Heroine, I signed up at WS so I could try to find tapu, before someone gave me her email address. I'm staying here, but I could always read stuff over there.study

By the way, the Billings murders happened about 10 miles from me (the couple who had something like 18 disabled children).
    E

Well if you were really interested you could go to WS, find the forum CRIMES IN THE NEWS then search for the threads numbered 1-8 " Four killed in VA college town."

The work we did on this case was something to behold. We went off topic a lot (which is what got us in trouble) but our off topic stuff is what really brought us all together even more than the case itself, there was just a lot of interesting things discussed.

If you have any questions just ask, any one of us would be glad to help you and no question is too dumb to ask.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Why was he Sam charged with 6 counts of murder if only four people were killed?

How do you kill four people a hammer? Did he kill them while they were sleeping?
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:48 pm

The Kay wrote:Why was he Sam charged with 6 counts of murder if only four people were killed?

How do you kill four people a hammer? Did he kill them while they were sleeping?

We do not know how or when he killed them, we assume he used a maul, hammer and a chunk of wood. We speculate they were asleep but no evidence to support that yet.

The additional charges relate to having murdered more than 2 or 3 people in a certain period of time, in some states sich as VA that can result in additional murder charges beyond the number of people you actualy killed. He only actually killed 4 that we know of. They trump the charges to be safe, in case he isnt found guilty on the others they have more to fall back on.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:57 pm

Paximus wrote:
    The Kay wrote:Why was he Sam charged with 6 counts of murder if only four people were killed?

We do not know how or when he killed them, we assume he used a maul, hammer and a chunk of wood. We speculate they were asleep but no evidence to support that yet.

The additional charges relate to having murdered more than 2 or 3 people in a certain period of time, in some states sich as VA that can result in additional murder charges beyond the number of people you actualy killed. He only actually killed 4 that we know of. They trump the charges to be safe, in case he isnt found guilty on the others they have more to fall back on.

There were sources reporting that some of the victims were asleep in the local news. Typically this would be determined by observing the location and nature of wounds, presence/absence of defensive wounds, blood stains and splatter, etc.
    ROCKDAWG
    ROCKDAWG

Post by ROCKDAWG Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Hey everyone ! I just got in today from a 4,100 mile round trip from Atlanta/Tucson ( Driving , at that ). I hope to recover from my trip and start back posting. Later, The Dawg
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Did youmake enough money at the gen show to make it worth your time. I hope so.
    ROCKDAWG
    ROCKDAWG

Post by ROCKDAWG Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:10 am

Heck, No ! The show cost me $3,000.00 and I sold only $1,500.00 worth of merch. Usually I do real well but this show was a killer. And I drove 4 thousand miles round trip to get my ass kicked !
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:14 am

ROCKDAWG wrote:Heck, No ! The show cost me $3,000.00 and I sold only $1,500.00 worth of merch. Usually I do real well but this show was a killer. And I drove 4 thousand miles round trip to get my ass kicked !
    I was afraid of that with this economy, people are broke. I know the gem show here in Tucson is usually a big money maker for you guys but I suspected it would be hit hard this year with everyone hurting so badly.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:53 pm

The people were killed in either their sleep or otherwise defenseless position...we don't know what that means. In my speculation I just think they found no defensive wounds so that's how they couched it until further investigation. I think we have a mix of killed while asleep and ambushed.

A ball peen hammer to the head would knock someone unconscious and then the rest of the carnage could occur. A wood maul could as well although I would think using it would lessen the accuracy of the necessary blow to render someone defenseless.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:20 pm

Heroine wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BTW...I was just at websleuths and there seem to be a couple threads missing affraid
    I could be wrong, but it looks as though 5 and 6 are no longer there. Maybe I just overlooked them?

I just checked, and everything is still there. Regardless, I have a full HTML capture of threads 1-8. I can pull out whatever we want given a bit of time...
    Splendor Solis
    Splendor Solis

Post by Splendor Solis Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:23 pm

The 6 counts are for, like was stated, murdering more that one in a certain time frame.
    In VA that's 3 years, so here's the breakdown of the 6 counts:

Killing Emma and Mel within 3 yrs.
    Killing Emma and Debra (Emma's mother) within 3 yrs.
    Killing Emma and Mark (Emma's father) within 3 yrs.
    Killing Debra and Mark within 3 yrs.
    Killing Mel and Debra within 3 yrs.
    Killing Mel and Mark within 3 yrs.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:52 pm

Splendor Solis wrote:

The 6 counts are for, like was stated, murdering more that one in a certain time frame.

I'm not sure this is right...

The way I think it works is 1 count for each of the four murders
    Two additional "bonus" counts for killing more than two people in three years, 1 each for the 3rd and 4th murders
    => 6 counts total

The reason I say this is that the number of counts rises exponentially by your method. See below.

Can one of the attorneys comment on this? I can't imagine they would actually file over a thousand counts against someone that killed 50 people as the paperwork would be prohibitive and you simply can't imprison someone for that long anyway, i..e. 1 year for each of 1,000 counts = 1,000 years in prison.

Although I did just read about someone that received a 309 year sentence for aggravated identity theft...
    Splendor Solis
    Splendor Solis

Post by Splendor Solis Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:18 pm

dangrsmind wrote:
    Splendor Solis wrote:

I'm not sure this is right...

The way I think it works is 1 count for each of the four murders
    Two additional "bonus" counts for killing more than two people in three years, 1 each for the 3rd and 4th murders
    => 6 counts total

The reason I say this is that the number of counts rises exponentially by your method. See below.

Can one of the attorneys comment on this? I can't imagine they would actually file over a thousand counts against someone that killed 50 people as the paperwork would be prohibitive and you simply can't imprison someone for that long anyway, i..e. 1 year for each of 1,000 counts = 1,000 years in prison.

Although I did just read about someone that received a 309 year sentence for aggravated identity theft...

I went by the indictments. There are 6 for murder and they each make mention of the statute of murdering more than one person in a span of 3 yrs. They also are listed the same as what I put, 2 names at a time. So, I just figured that's what that meant. Hopefully, someone who actually knows can enlighten us.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:20 pm

snipped:
    "The indictments charge McCroskey with six counts of capital murder because he is alleged to have killed multiple people within three years. "

and also...

"In Virginia capital murder is not a single crime. A person can be charged, tried, convicted and sentenced to death for capital murder in the furtherance of terrorism as well as capital murder for committing more than one murder in a three-year period."

Andres had the breakdown for us at one time. I'll see if I can find further clarification.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:21 am