Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

4 posters

California legalization of marijuana by the numbers

bobskat
    bobskat

California legalization of marijuana by the numbers Empty California legalization of marijuana by the numbers

Post by bobskat Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:51 am

Hey Tiffany One more reason for you to move to California

California legalization of marijuana by the numbers 946525 California legalization of marijuana by the numbers 533128
    http://www.drugwarrant.com/2010/03/california-legalization-by-the-numbers/

With the marijuana legalization vote coming up in November, I’m hearing some people say that it’s practically a sure thing — after all, the logic is there, and everybody in California smokes pot already.
    Well, I thought I’d take a little more realistic look at what reformers are facing.
    Caveat: I’m no expert in voting trends or California, so this is not intended to be anything definitive; rather it’s a set of points to consider, or a jumping-off point for further discussion.
    The latest Gallup poll shows 44% of Americans support legalization — an all-time high — and in the west, that number goes up to 53%. Not bad, but far from a sure thing.
    While it’s certainly an over-simplification, there’s some truth to the notion that those who have tried marijuana at some point in their lives are more likely to be sympathetic to legalization (since they realize first hand that much of the hype is false). So let’s take a look at those numbers.
    ziggy
    ziggy

California legalization of marijuana by the numbers Empty Re: California legalization of marijuana by the numbers

Post by ziggy Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:17 pm

I predict it will pass overwhelmingly. It's just so pervasive in all socio-economic levels and professions even. How much do you think the drug companies are trying to prevent it?
    bobskat
    bobskat

California legalization of marijuana by the numbers Empty Re: California legalization of marijuana by the numbers

Post by bobskat Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:10 am

how much do you think the cigarette companies are going to push it
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:02 pm

I heard they already have patents on certain MJ cigarettes just sitting there waiting for the legalization. They are ready.
    bobskat
    bobskat

Post by bobskat Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:04 pm

ziggy wrote:I heard they already have patents on certain MJ cigarettes just sitting there waiting for the legalization. They are ready.
    Does not surprise me at all
    Maybe I should buy stock in Phillip Morris
    piXy
    piXy

Post by piXy Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:46 pm

The latest Gallup poll shows 44% of Americans support legalization — an all-time high — and in the west, that number goes up to 53%.

Legalizeeeeeeee it bong toke
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:53 am

Edited for total redundancy!
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:33 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:08 am