Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+3
the tapu
Percy
Kay
7 posters

Causing the suicide of another . . .

dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Causing the suicide of another . . . - Page 2 Empty Re: Causing the suicide of another . . .

Post by dangrsmind Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:02 pm

I was bullied as a kid. Once when I was about 6 or 7 some kids chased me down the street yelling "Jesus Killer" etc. I didn't know who Jesus was at the time...

When I was older I was assaulted on the bus by a group of kids and went home bleeding, and another time threatened with a knife.

I learned how to defend myself.

And I don't think my experiences were very unusual, I know others that had similar ones.
    the tapu
    the tapu

Causing the suicide of another . . . - Page 2 Empty Re: Causing the suicide of another . . .

Post by the tapu Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Practically everyone I've ever heard or read about it reports being bullied.
    the tapu
    the tapu

Post by the tapu Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:26 pm

dangrsmind wrote:I was bullied as a kid. Once when I was about 6 or 7 some kids chased me down the street yelling "Jesus Killer" etc. I didn't know who Jesus was at the time...

When I was older I was assaulted on the bus by a group of kids and went home bleeding, and another time threatened with a knife.

And I don't think my experiences were very unusual, I know others that had similar ones.

That reminds me of a line from Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. Mary's sister, upon finding out that a new friend is Jewish, says, "Oh no, Mary, aren't they the ones what killed our Lord?!"

Causing the suicide of another . . . - Page 2 130642
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Yup that's us.
    Kay
    Kay

Post by Kay Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:41 pm

the tapu wrote:Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Practically everyone I've ever heard or read about it reports being bullied.

I was never bullied. Sometimes I got picked on by a few people, but I fought back and they stopped. We argued or fought with one another, but I was not bullied, nor did was I a bully.

I think there is a different between getting constantly picked on for some reason (fat, braces, glasses) or just intermittent fighting as kids.

Kendrick Ching was a boy in my middle school who had a disease that caused him to not have any hair. He was called names all the time because of his lack of hair, kids would always ask him, "Hey Kendrick, can I borrow your comb" and stuff like that. That is being bullied to me.

I think if you got picked on a couple of times in your life, that is not necessarily being bullied.
    the tapu
    the tapu

Post by the tapu Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:27 pm

alopecia

(good word of the day for rlc, huh?)
    bobskat
    bobskat

Post by bobskat Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:20 pm

I don’t know if I was “bullied” as a kid, but I was picked on daily for whatever the punks around me could think of. For the most part I didn’t take shit from any one person; if it was a group that was another matter.

The point was I got shit almost every day and sometimes I hated going to school. I got in my share of fights and lost most of them and at times I thought it would be wonderful to end it all but I would have done it Columbine style.

As I’ve grown older and wiser I realize that kids are all shitheads. I’m sure there are people I was rude to in school just because I could be

I feel bad for these children who feel they have no other choice but to end it since I understand that feeling all too well. But in the end, they made the choice.

On a side note, at my 10 year reunion one of those guys who picked on me all the time said he was sorry for that and he wishes he had the maturity at the time to tell me that he respected the fact that I never backed down and stood up for myself. (for all the good it did me as an adult)
    bobskat
    bobskat

Post by bobskat Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:23 pm

dangrsmind wrote:I was bullied as a kid. Once when I was about 6 or 7 some kids chased me down the street yelling "Jesus Killer" etc. I didn't know who Jesus was at the time...

Been getting that one most of my life too
    I use to say, "But I wasn't even born then"
    Now I just tell the people they are ignorant and go about my day
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:20 pm

bobskat wrote:

Been getting that one most of my life too
    I use to say, "But I wasn't even born then"
    Now I just tell the people they are ignorant and go about my day
    I used to be terrified as a kid to tell anyone I was Jewish and had to often pretend to be a Christian or some parents wouldnt even let their kids play with me. The world is full of all sorts of ignorance for sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content