Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

2 posters

DEBRA KELLEY

claudicici
    claudicici

DEBRA KELLEY Empty DEBRA KELLEY

Post by claudicici Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:13 am

....data dump only.No discussions please....

DEBRA KELLEY Empty debra kelley obit - richmond times dispatch - oct 02 2009

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:26 pm

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesdispatch/obituary.aspx?n=debra-sue-kelley&pid=133818697

Debra Sue KELLEY

DEBRA KELLEY 0001611710-01-1_0001611710-01_10032009KELLEY, Debra Sue, Ph.D., 53, of Farmville, died Friday, September 18, 2009, in her home, along with her husband, Rev. Mark Alan Niederbrock, 50; and her daughter, Emma Kelley Niederbrock, 16. She was an associate professor of Criminology and Sociology at Longwood University. A memorial service will be conducted at 2 p.m. Saturday, October 3, 2009, at Farmville United Methodist Church. Memorial contributions may be made to Ramsey Memorial United Methodist Church, 5900 Hull Street Road, Richmond, Virginia, 23224. Shorter Funeral Home of Farmville is serving the family. www.shorterfuneralhome.com
    Published in Richmond Times-Dispatch on October 3, 2009
    e-mail DEBRA KELLEY Emailicon print DEBRA KELLEY Printer
    Percy
    Percy

DEBRA KELLEY Empty Re: DEBRA KELLEY

Post by Percy Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:32 pm

If anyone has time to put a short BIOGRAPHY together for each person involved that would be great, I dont mean lengthy just:

Full name
    Date of Birth

Place of Birth

Profession

Etc basic stuff.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Sat May 01, 2010 3:47 am

claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Sat May 01, 2010 3:48 am

claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Sat May 01, 2010 3:51 am

Originally Posted by claudicici DEBRA KELLEY Viewpost
    Sercombe said Kelley had worked for Longwood since 1994. She graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University and earned her doctorate at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

A tenured associate professor of sociology, Kelley had been on educational leave this semester doing research on her own, Sercombe said. She was not expected to return to teaching, he said.

....how I wished we could peek into her research...

I think in one of these threads at least some of her research was covered. Not sure which one though and I could be wrong.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu May 13, 2010 2:29 am

Originally Posted by PinkLily12 DEBRA KELLEY Viewpost
    It sounds to me like you are trying to make an excuse for why Sam committed such a crime. Sensitive or not, what Sam did was heinous and inexcusable. Also, why does it matter if Emma would have “grown” out of her “phase” or not? I thought the discussion was on what happened, not what would have happened.
    And a "beautifully kept house," huh? This may not have been the case at all. In fact, it has come to my attention that their house was quite the opposite on the inside. I am a Longwood University student and don’t know of anyone who would describe Professor Kelly as “eloquently” speaking. A respectable woman, yes, she was indeed an educator. But, she was a very approachable woman. And as for Emma speaking “eloquently,” yeah, I can see that now… her speaking “eloquently” as she smoked a bong. Yeah, right!

http://cfc.wset.com/videoondemand.cfm?id=49050

I really hope pinklily will come back and post here.
    I have so many questions for her.
    Sounds like she's been inside of the house....
    ....anyways if you read this pinklily,is there anything you could tell us about Professor Kelly,do you have any idea what research she may have been working on and why was she planning not to return to Longwood?
    Are you saying the house was "messy" inside....are you saying Professor Kelly may have been a bit different from the other professors there ,maybe less conservative?
    ...also have you heard of any of the rumors that Sam has been seen hanging around Longwood after the murders?
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu May 13, 2010 2:51 am

Originally Posted by peace_gurl DEBRA KELLEY Viewpost
    Something else I would like to share. Everyone wonders why Debra allowed a stranger in her home. I have allowed one than one to live under my roof and have allowed my children to do the same.

Let’s see I have had a student from Serbia, 2 students from Germany, 2 from Russia, 1 from China, 1 from Mexico and 1 from Greece.
    I did not lock my bedroom door when I went to sleep.
    It never crossed my mind they would hurt me or my family.
    My girls have also exchanged homes in other countries.
    As the matter of fact my youngest is considering doing an exchange with a college in Greece.
    Maybe I am too trusting, maybe Debra was too.

We've had several exchange students too. But... none of them came completely self-identified with an obsession for horror and gore. They didn't walk in wearing shirts about "serial killin'" One could say that Debra Kelley should have had some idea what she was getting into, and made a choice to ignore the signs. Even embrace them. It is an interesting special circumstance to think about, at the least, don't you think?
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu May 13, 2010 2:53 am

Originally Posted by claudicici DEBRA KELLEY Viewpost
    I don't think so...in both cases it's strangers staying at your house...where do you draw the line?...what kind of shirts are acceptable?....the difference is schools are involved with exchange students,at least they're not strangers you meet online...
    Indeed, that latter difference is crucial. But on the other point, I don't know exactly where you draw the line, but whatever, Sam's presentation was well beyond it. I think it would make me go, Whoa, hold on here, Sven, let's call the exchange program.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu May 13, 2010 2:54 am

Originally Posted by tapu DEBRA KELLEY Viewpost
    Indeed, that latter difference is crucial. But on the other point, I don't know exactly where you draw the line, but whatever, Sam's presentation was well beyond it. I think it would make me go, Whoa, hold on here, Sven, let's call the exchange program.
    My daughter is 15.

A. There is no way any adult male I don't know is staying my house no matter how she tells me she knows him.
    B. I manage her Internet access and she has no privacy in this area.
    C. Didn't anyone look at this guy's MySpace and note the song "I Kill People for Real"?

I actually think that Dr. Kelly herself had become somewhat numbed to violent content in movies and horrorcore music to the point that she didn't even think about this.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu May 13, 2010 3:00 am

Emma's room was decorated with SKR. She wore the clothes, the hair, and the jewelry that said horrorcore all over it. Her best friend was into horrorcore. Why would Sam's horrorcore look alarm her at all?
    Maybe is is part of living in a small town without paranoia.
    And as far as having a male over, the house is split into two parts it would be easy to put Sam in one half and her and her Mel in the other.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Fri May 14, 2010 2:38 am

Originally Posted by peace_gurl DEBRA KELLEY Viewpost
    Tapu, would you allow your children to listen to horrorcore?

I never had that problem, my girls are responsible and the only thing I would have to worry about is what jcrew outfit they wanted to save for next. Which dance or art school they wanted to attend. I was so busy in their lives I never had to doubt them. I was a lucky mom.
    My girls are different than Em. Call my girls preppy.

Yes, I think I would allow that. We were talking about letting an adult, into horrorcore, whom my child met on the internet, come sleep in my home with us. And that is what I am saying I would not permit. Some have suggested that Debra Kelley may have believed that Sam was closer to Emma's age. That kid wouldn't have been here in my house either.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Fri May 14, 2010 2:39 am

Would I let a 20 year old man fly in to visit my 16 year old daughter? After this, absolutely not. I could say I wouldn't have even if i never heard this story, but I don't have a child.

Do I judge Debra for doing so? Of course not.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Fri May 14, 2010 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Splendor Solis DEBRA KELLEY Viewpost
    That is a possibility, but I don't think it's likely given her personality. I tend to think that Mel was used as the olive branch so that Sam could stay there. In other words, the theory is if Mel is there it's less likely Sam will try something. Otherwise, to me it makes little sense for Melanie to be there instead of them just picking her up on the way to SFTW.
    This also is possible.

However, I still don't really understand it as a parent. Personally having the friend there supposedly to keep Sam from "trying something" would just confirm my suspicions that the guy was there to have sex with my daughter. There is no way I'd ever allow it.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Sun May 23, 2010 4:55 am

Whitener and Glenn said they think Niederbrock's decision to become a preacher put a strain on his long marriage to Kelley. "That was a difficult thing for Mark, because she was not committed to the church," Whitener said.

more @
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2304781_2.html
    DEBRA KELLEY Post_thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:46 am