Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

3 posters

in case anyone was wondering what happens if someone gets hit in the head with a bottle

in case anyone was wondering what happens if someone gets hit in the head with a bottle Empty in case anyone was wondering what happens if someone gets hit in the head with a bottle

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 6:59 pm

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/05/video-beerbottlewielding-man-foils-va-truckstop-robbery

Video: Beer-bottle-wielding man foils Va. truck-stop robbery

Posted to: Crime News Virginia

myvid = "186680";
    mypath = "/simpleview";

//

Video:

Man hits gas station robber with beer bottle. (The Associated Press)
    [url=http://hamptonroads.tv/hrtv.php?id=13761147 &cid=omc]Watch full size, embed or link[/url] | More videos

The Associated Press
    ©️ May 11, 2010

CARMEL CHURCH
    Caroline County officials say a customer who struck a gun-toting man on the head with two beer bottles foiled a robbery at a truck stop off Interstate 95.
    Sheriff's officials say the would-be robber brandished a gun at the clerk Saturday night at Mr. Fuel and demanded money, then pointed the weapon at several store customers. One customer walked to the rear of the store, got two beer bottles and struck the suspect in the back of the head.
    The customer struggled with the gunman, who in turn shot him several times. The customer didn't suffer life-threatening injuries.
    Sheriff's officials say the gunman hasn't been arrested.
    A telephone message left Tuesday for Gary Poland, the general manager of Mr. Fuel, wasn't immediately returned.

in case anyone was wondering what happens if someone gets hit in the head with a bottle Empty Re: in case anyone was wondering what happens if someone gets hit in the head with a bottle

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 7:04 pm

If you click the link at the top then click on watch full screen you can see it. Sorry I tried to cut and past the video and it did not work out.
    tapu
    tapu

in case anyone was wondering what happens if someone gets hit in the head with a bottle Empty Re: in case anyone was wondering what happens if someone gets hit in the head with a bottle

Post by tapu Tue May 11, 2010 8:23 pm

He might want to use three bottles next time.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue May 11, 2010 8:53 pm

That's a brave guy - he got shot! 4 times! That was a pretty hard blow to the head; think the gunman was on drugs that can reduce pain etc.?

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 9:17 pm

I was a little surprised the bottle did not have more effect. That is the danger of throwing one big haymaker though and counting on that to work. The customer would have been better off to be in a position to continually follow up until the threat was neutralized. Of course it is easy to critque from the comfort of my office chair though.
    He was a brave guy and I give him a lot of credit for putting himself at risk in that manner to help a stranger. I'm glad the customer was not more seriously injured and I hope they catch the robber. There is a great picture of his face on camera. My guess is that someone will recognize him and turn him in. The robber probably does not know anyone that would not turn him in for a crimestoppers reward of a couple hundred dollars.
    Kay
    Kay

Post by Kay Wed May 12, 2010 5:30 pm

Wow, that was a pretty hard blow to the head. I cannot believe it did not have more of an effect on the robber. That good Samaritan is lucky he did not get killed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:17 am