Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

watch those two party states

watch those two party states Empty watch those two party states

Post by Guest Tue May 25, 2010 4:55 pm

watch those two party states Empty Re: watch those two party states

Post by Guest Tue May 25, 2010 5:02 pm

In some states [apparently including Maryland] ALL parties must consent to an audio recording or it is illegal to record. Other states, like VA, have the better way of handling it IMO and you are able to record a conversation if one party is aware of it. Personally I beleive you should be able to record any conversation that you are a part of. Prohibiting this does not protect anyones privacy but rather serves to protect people who commit fraud.

Post by Guest Tue May 25, 2010 5:09 pm

Also,
    Is it ironic that the police wanted to prevent the circulation of the video but by threatening criminal action they took a youtube video with minimal exposure and made it a national story on cnn?
    Kay
    Kay

Post by Kay Wed May 26, 2010 11:41 am

Scott wrote:Also,
    Is it ironic that the police wanted to prevent the circulation of the video but by threatening criminal action they took a youtube video with minimal exposure and made it a national story on cnn?

You'd think that something happening out in public . . . by a public official . . . would be fair game for recording. I don't see why the police would have a problem with this since it is happening in front of all those motorists. It is not like the police were doing something that isn't for public viewing, like an undercover drug buy.

HOWEVER, I am so disappointed that this motorcyclist can ONLY be charged with traffic violations. He was driving his motorcycle in excess of 100 MPH and popping wheelies. Look at the amount of traffic around him. I think what he was doing put other motorists at risk. What a stupid person.

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Agreed, any person who rides a motorcycle like that is stupid and showing a lack of consideration for the EMT's that will ultimatly be charged with the task of cleaning his mangled corpse off the roadway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:53 am