Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+2
ziggy
tapu
6 posters

roman polanski

bobskat
    bobskat

roman polanski - Page 2 Empty Re: roman polanski

Post by bobskat Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:18 am

claudicici wrote:...but even if the "unknown" offender was to have fled to another country,there'sno way that country would protect him and not work with US authoritys.
    Polanski's sense of entitlement enfuriates me."Everyone likes to fuck young girls"
    That's his statement,his excuse...even if that was true,not everyone does.
    He has no regret ,no sense that he did something wrong at all...
    which makes me sure this was not the only victim.
    Can you imagine how that child felt,when someone important took her pictures,I'm sure she felt special and proud that this guy was interested in her....and then he turned her into a high paid whore....He altered someone's psyche forever,no one has a right to do that....
    Very well said
    ziggy
    ziggy

roman polanski - Page 2 Empty Re: roman polanski

Post by ziggy Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:40 pm

I agree with Scott and Claudi - plus Polanski's money and status would have given him a benefit in our justice system that an indigent or unkown may have (sadly to say). Instead of staying and fighting within OUR system, he fled.

Whether he paid the victim is a moot point in criminal law. Even if the victim doesn't want a prosecution, it's still going to happen if a law has been broken for many obvious reasons.

I'm glad our system has not allowed him to just buy his way out of child rape.

And BTW, the "social norms" had a lot to do with victims not reporting these things and most people not being aware of the problem. As more light has been shed on this type of abuse, more victims come forward and parents, teachers and doctors know what to look for and some are mandatory reporters.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:30 pm