Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

3 posters

So frustrated with the legal system in family law I feel like quitting school!

ziggy
    ziggy

So frustrated with the legal system in family law I feel like quitting school! Empty So frustrated with the legal system in family law I feel like quitting school!

Post by ziggy Tue May 11, 2010 12:42 am

Why, why, WHY can't an attorney just do their job? Family Law attorneys must come from some horrid place in the universe. Mr. Zig's divorce has been going on for 4 years and he just wants to get it DONE but the ex just stalls and never complies with anything - not even an order by the judge to pay attorney's fees. It goes on and on until it sounds just unbelievable, bizarre and like a complete overreaction so I'm just asking you to trust me when I say that the people who follow the rules in family court get screwed because there is no enforcement of the rules and the attorneys are all lame.

I'm at the end of the rope; the straw is on the camel's back and any second now.... we'll need to call a veterinarian.

Somebody tell me how to nicely kick a fat ass attorney into getting of their butt, quit playing nicey nice with co-councel and do something in the best interest of the client and do it in the sweetest way possible because right now I would appear to be the devil with steam coming out of my nose.

I've seen 3 of these lazy bastards who have each made about $30,000 for making stupid mistakes and getting NOTHING accomplished. FOUR years this has been allowed to drag on...they aren't the Trumps...they have a modest family home and a few 401ks. Simple.

Stop the madness.

And we wonder why there are so many violent outbursts in Family Law cases. Attorney are part of the problem....and I'm paying a lot of money and contributing my time to this. I will not become one of those losers. I'm seriously pissed.
    claudicici
    claudicici

So frustrated with the legal system in family law I feel like quitting school! Empty Re: So frustrated with the legal system in family law I feel like quitting school!

Post by claudicici Tue May 11, 2010 9:04 am

I wished I'd have something to say to make you feel a little better but I don't know crap about how those things work.....I do know to say you better not quit school,after everything you've been through,are you kidding?...
    well,anyways here's a hug So frustrated with the legal system in family law I feel like quitting school! 316827

So frustrated with the legal system in family law I feel like quitting school! Empty Re: So frustrated with the legal system in family law I feel like quitting school!

Post by Guest Tue May 11, 2010 9:51 am

I feel you pain. I don't feel it in domestic court but I have had the same experience with my civil case. I think part of the problems is that for some attorneys there is an incentive to make things take as long as possible. Experian could have fixed my issue in 2007 without ever involving an attorney but instead they have two firms that are intent on soaking billable hours from their client. They want to discuss every possible scenario other than how can we just fix this problem. I think opposing counsel will soak my case for every penny they can and will only allow it to end when they are out of delaying options. They are not representing their client and never will as long as their client is too stupid to just stop writing them checks.
    DO NOT quit law school. We all make the world the way it is so when you get your chance be an attorney that is not "lame". I have confidence in you.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue May 11, 2010 1:25 pm

Thanks you guys. After storming around my condo and talking to all my personalities and bitching out loud and telling everyone off who was neither there nor even within earshot; I calmed down and figured there are two choices:
    1. Keep the guy we've got and Mr. Zig HAS to let me come to the meeting. You see; everything can be related back to a Fred Astaire dance studio procedure that works. You want something - you junior it like a Fred's teacher (and I was one of the best). My strategy - be good cop for once. Hey I need the change of pace. I want Mr. Z to go into this meeting so frustrated he can't even talk; so upset that he has to excuse himself to avoid an outburts and THEN that's when I take my moment with Uncle Buck...explain that the man is dying, losing his transplanted kidney; been dragged through this horror for four years with a joinder still on his 401k etc..... I just need to give this guy the harsh reality here but in a very nice and convincing way...which is totally my strong point.

When I've got him where I want him emotionally - contrite - then I make my fantastic suggestions on how to move forward with some fire power - OFFENSE - no more defense. Time limits on everything and a motion for contempt if she does not comply. Period. No more waiting, no more back and forth.

Or choice 2) See how that goes and if it doesn't pan out fire his ass. The problem with that is a $5,000 retainer and then trying to get the new person up to speed.

I'll tell you what - no more male attorneys. I want a rabid female who can slice and dice - the kind of woman who detests the parasitic narcissistic psychopath that is milking this when she's already re-married now and has the house. The kind of woman we are talking about here wants to split up the kids with custody and have it stipulated (until they are 25) because she doesn't want to be responsible for her diabetic son's medical bills. She is aweful and the sooner she is out of my life the better.

So thanks for the support. I promise never to be a lazy attorney only out for a buck. I promise to care more about the best interest of my clients than my popularity in my peer group. I've been Prom Queen and I'm a nice person but don't EVER start doing underhanded and unfair things around me or you will find yourself wishing you were having some colonoscopy in a foreigh prison instead!

As you can see I'm all fired up today. Smile RAAAWWWRRRRR.
    Kay
    Kay

Post by Kay Tue May 11, 2010 5:39 pm

The last time I was an employee of a lawyer, it was for a man who only did family law. He is THE prominent family law attorney int his area. I worked for him for three years. The fact that I did not leave that job swinging at the end of a rope still surprises me!

The family law system SUCKS. Family law clients SUCK. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Ziggy in your case, why haven't y'all asked (and insisted) that your attorney pick up the pace and get this case moving along? Have you asked me why he hasn't filed a motion for contempt or motion to compel as soon as the soon-to-be ex-wife failed to comply with the judge's order?
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue May 11, 2010 6:46 pm

We just got an appointment for this Friday at 1:00. Those questions plus a whole lot more are comin' down the pike! I don't leave without a game plan, a time frame and commitments ( in writing)!
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Tue May 11, 2010 6:47 pm

P.S. Kay - I don't want to go into Family Law for that very reason - it SUCKS! I would be drug down into the depths of hell. Pretty sure my face would break out and I'd gain about 300lbs from the stress. No thank you.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu May 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Well - through one of my classmates who is a family law paralegal - we have an option for a new attorney. I like this option. I will be spending my weekend organizing this four year case file, pulling all orders and briefing the case to email to her for our appt. on Tuesday. She has a reputation for getting things done quickly - she's young and an alum of my school. She has a history of helping law students so I may be able to get some real life experience here as well.

Will let you know if my faith in family law attorneys is renewed after our appointment. I have a good feeling about this. Smile

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 9:05 pm

ziggy wrote:Well - through one of my classmates who is a family law paralegal - we have an option for a new attorney. I like this option. I will be spending my weekend organizing this four year case file, pulling all orders and briefing the case to email to her for our appt. on Tuesday. She has a reputation for getting things done quickly - she's young and an alum of my school. She has a history of helping law students so I may be able to get some real life experience here as well.

Will let you know if my faith in family law attorneys is renewed after our appointment. I have a good feeling about this. Smile
    great news
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri May 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Yeah, it's kind of like when I lived in Nashville with ex hubby when he was a professional drummer, and periodically, a big name artist would just fire the whole band that was touring because they wanted a "fresh band". This didn't happen with the more reputable artists, but one year about 2 weeks before Christmas, Tanya Tucker's father/manager fired her entire band. Those guys were very upset. Dad thought Tanya needed a fresh band (personally I think Tanya needs a fresh look, a fresh sound, a fresh something!). One of those guys, Ira Dean, went on to be in the trio Trick Pony so he eventually made out OK.

So now I'm going to say the band is stale - they've been playing the same tunes gig after gig and it's time for a FRESH BAND.

Where's Hank been anyway?
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Fri May 14, 2010 10:07 pm

...where has everybody been ?.....aside from Pax,Dangrs and Mary I havn't heard any excuses !!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:38 am