Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+5
claudicici
blouAngel
Heroine
ericclimbs
dangrsmind
9 posters

How do we want to organize things here?

dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

How do we want to organize things here? Empty How do we want to organize things here?

Post by dangrsmind Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Previously we had only one thread to discuss all of our various ideas and interests. This is good for conversation, but bad for organizing information. I'd like to suggest that we do two things. First, we should keep the idea of one main or master thread to discuss the general topic of the murders themselves. However, we can now also have very specific discussions in their own threads. So I think it would be good to have some specific threads for each of these sub-areas as well. As an example, we had a lot of discussions about Poorhouse Road that would make a nice unified thread IMO.

I hope others will have ideas here and/or feedback on the above.
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

How do we want to organize things here? Empty Re: How do we want to organize things here?

Post by ericclimbs Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:26 pm

I think that is a good idea -- one full on Sam topic thread, with some relevant subthreads, and then some off-topic threads. I think it will be easy to keep up with all the threads because there is that "view all posts since your last login" function.
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

How do we want to organize things here? Empty Re: How do we want to organize things here?

Post by Heroine Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:55 pm

This is an excellent idea! I will try and see if I can figure all of this out and set it up like you'd like.
    It could take a couple days to get everything how we want it so please be patient with me. I'm a new Admin. Smile
    If things look screwy at times, please ignore it and it will be fixed soon!
    Thanks guys for your suggestions!
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:34 am

So is the way I have it going so far okay with how I did the poorhouse road thread or would you rather it be within the farmville murders etc. thread? I just figured this would be better after I weed through the farmville murders etc. thread and put all the threads in their places, that way our topics would be easy to find. If you'd rather have everything within the farmville va murders etc. thread then I can do that too.
    Just let me know what you guys think.
    Thanks! Very Happy
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:42 am

Where will we put the Grace Jones thread? I'm thinking just the regular "Babes" forum, but maybe we need a "Babes that are tougher than me" forum.

Tapu?
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:49 am

lol,hey blouis let's start an art forum too,dark art,grace jones and the tapu could be part of that..
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:21 am

Heroine wrote:So is the way I have it going so far okay with how I did the poorhouse road thread or would you rather it be within the farmville murders etc. thread? I just figured this would be better after I weed through the farmville murders etc. thread and put all the threads in their places, that way our topics would be easy to find. If you'd rather have everything within the farmville va murders etc. thread then I can do that too.
    Just let me know what you guys think.
    Thanks! Very Happy

My idea:

Create one forum just for the Farmville Murders. Put the poorhouse road in there as a thread, put in a thread for the general discussion (like the one I set up and make it a sticky so it stays at the top.

You could rename this current forum something different like "discussions" or "just for fun" or something like that but more creative than I am! this is where we can talk music (the power of music) and also have thread like Books, Movies, Art etc.
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:23 am

you could also, obviously, put "Sams motion for change of venue," started by Andres, as a thread in the Farmville Murders forum
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:17 am

ericclimbs wrote:you could also, obviously, put "Sams motion for change of venue," started by Andres, as a thread in the Farmville Murders forum
    Okay! So what do you guys think about all the changing and rearranging?
    Any other suggestions, anyone?
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:17 am

Looking good so far. We need to bring in some content now...shouldn't take too long with this crew.
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:02 pm

dangrsmind wrote:Looking good so far. We need to bring in some content now...shouldn't take too long with this crew.

I think this new forum is turning out great. It is exactly what we needed -- a section dedicated only to the murders and another section where we can cut loose and discuss anything we want.

No more of this for any of us: silent
    wadahoot
    wadahoot

Post by wadahoot Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:55 am

request please ...

In the Sam part of the forum, there are little squares to click which take one to the first new post but in the Misc/Laughter area there is not. Can that helpful little box migrate to both sections?!

Also, when posting a reply, under Post Options, the "Notify me when a reply is posted" is permenatly marked. Can it be unmarked so that we have to mark it if we want it, instead of getting even more e-mail?

Lastly, and I imagine this one won't come to pass, but is there a spell-checker available? If not, if we get our fancy-dancy message board in the future, could that be considered?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:22 pm

wadahoot wrote:request please ...

In the Sam part of the forum, there are little squares to click which take one to the first new post but in the Misc/Laughter area there is not. Can that helpful little box migrate to both sections?!

Also, when posting a reply, under Post Options, the "Notify me when a reply is posted" is permenatly marked. Can it be unmarked so that we have to mark it if we want it, instead of getting even more e-mail?

Lastly, and I imagine this one won't come to pass, but is there a spell-checker available? If not, if we get our fancy-dancy message board in the future, could that be considered?

I type things in Word and copy and paste

I think we need some way to jump to a new post once we’re in a thread
    I don’t always remember where I left off
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:14 pm

I'm going to check all of this out for you and see if I can fix it for you. As for the spellcheck, well if you use mozillas firefox as your web browser it does have a nifty little spellcheck built in that works on every website you visit.
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:15 pm

dabobkat wrote:

I'll see if I can't find a solution for that. Smile

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Heroine wrote:
    dabobkat wrote:

I'll see if I can't find a solution for that. How do we want to organize things here? Icon_smile
    I’d press the “Thank You Button” but from what I understand that won’t work here How do we want to organize things here? Icon_clown
    OK so I'm a bit of a smartass
    Still thanks
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:46 pm

Do you see the little red boxes in the misc group now? I can see them in both the sam and the misc. hmmm...anyone?
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:47 pm

claudicici wrote:lol,hey blouis let's start an art forum too,dark art,grace jones and the tapu could be part of that..

Cause I'm like a piece of art? Yeh.... king
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Heroine wrote:Do you see the little red boxes in the misc group now? I can see them in both the sam and the misc. hmmm...anyone?

Do you mean the stickies?
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:05 pm

dangrsmind wrote:
    Heroine wrote:Do you see the little red boxes in the misc group now? I can see them in both the sam and the misc. hmmm...anyone?

Do you mean the stickies?
    No I mean the little red boxes that Wadahoot speaks of above that allows you to see the last posted post. If that makes sense...ahah!
    Smile

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:26 pm

i see 'em.
    Smile

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:27 pm

i also notice, that this site seems to think that i don't have a reputation....

Very Happy

i'm willing to bet that will change rather quickly.....

Razz
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:30 pm

I would like to redeem my points now for an airline ticket Smile
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:30 pm

ladysig wrote:i see 'em.
    Smile
    Thanks! Smile
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:31 pm

ladysig wrote:i also notice, that this site seems to think that i don't have a reputation....

Very Happy

i'm willing to bet that will change rather quickly.....

Razz
    Now you have 1. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:16 am