Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

4 posters

Joran Van Der Sloot

Joran Van Der Sloot - Page 2 Empty Re: Joran Van Der Sloot

Post by Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:43 pm

Joran Van der Sloot: Send me to Aruba, and I'll give you the location of Natalee Holloway

By Michael Sheridan
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 2:24 PM
    Joran Van Der Sloot - Page 2 Alg_van-der-sloot Navarro/AP
    Joran Van der Sloot has officially been charged for the murder of Stephany Flores, but has reportedly said he's 'afraid' he'll be killed in a Peruvian prison.

Related News

The suspected murderer of Stephany Flores hopes to become the Flying Dutchman.
    Joran Van der Sloot, who investigators say confessed to the murder of the 21-year-old Peruvian girl in May, is hoping to escape the South American country by offering up details on the five-year-old cold case of Natalee Holloway.
    The 22-year-old, long suspected of murdering the Alabama high school student in 2005, is telling authorities in Lima that he'll give them the location of her body, if they transfer him to an Aruban prison, according to Radio Netherlands Worldwide.
    Van der Sloot is reportedly offering the info because he fears for his life.
    "I don't want to be imprisoned in Peru," he told police, according to Peru's El Comercio. "I am afraid I will be killed."
    The desperate admission is not the first time Van der Sloot has "confessed" to having a hand in Holloway's disappearance. He's offered up several different stories in the past five years, with the most recent admission in 2008 via a Dutch reporter's hidden camera.
    The FBI has admitted it targeted Van der Sloot recently with an extortion sting it states was part of an effort to determine the fate of 18-year-old Holloway. $25,000 later, they failed to obtain any "confession," and have instead come under fire for giving him money that may have funded his trip to South America.
    Meanwhile, Van der Sloot's lawyer has targeted his client's confession in the Flores slaying, claiming it was obtained improperly. This comes as a Chilean police report indicates that the poker playing Dutchman told investigators there when he was arrested last week that a thief killed the woman.
    "A man came out of the bathroom blocking the access door with a knife in his hand. On the bed was another man with a gun," the Spanish-language report quotes him as saying, The Associated Press reports. "The man with the knife said to be quiet, but Stephany began talking in a loud voice and he hit her in the face, making her nose bleed."
    The report also claims Van der Sloot told Chilean agents that the previous day, he and Flores had been extorted by apparent Peruvian police officers who demanded $4,000 and a wristwatch he brought from Thailand.
    Joran van der Sloot was officially charged with murder on Friday and sent by armored truck to a holding cell in the basement of a judicial building in Peru.
    Crowds chanted "Disgrace!" and "Murderer!" as he was led to a police vehicle

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/06/13/2010-06-13_joran_van_der_sloot_send_me_to_aruba_and_ill_tell_you_location_of_natalee_hollow.html?print=1&page=all#ixzz0qlBctPgp

Post by Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:44 pm

My take is Joran making one more pitiful attempt to play the only card he has left.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Van der Sloot to take incarceration fight to top court, attorney says

By the CNN Wire Staff
    cnnAuthor = "By the CNN Wire Staff";

if(location.hostname.indexOf( 'edition.' ) > -1) {document.write('June 28, 2010 -- Updated 1957 GMT (0357 HKT)');} else {document.write('June 28, 2010 3:57 p.m. EDT');}
    June 28, 2010 3:57 p.m. EDT

var clickExpire = "-1";
    Joran Van Der Sloot - Page 2 Story.vandersloot.file.afp.gi
    Joran van der Sloot faces murder charges in Peru for the death of Stephany Flores, 21.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Joran van der Sloot prepared to appeal ruling on detention to highest court
    • A judge last week ruled van der Sloot's confession and jailing stood
    • The 22-year-old Dutchman wants to 'paralyze the process,' lawyer says
    • Van der Sloot is also the suspect in the Natalee Holloway disappearance

(CNN) -- Joran van der Sloot, whose claim of unlawful incarceration was denied last week, will appeal and fight to the Peruvian Supreme Court and international courts if necessary, his attorney said Monday.
    Van der Sloot, a 22-year-old Dutch citizen, is jailed pending trial on charges of first-degree murder and robbery in the May 30 death of Peruvian student Stephany Flores, 21.
    In an attempt to nullify a confession he gave police, van der Sloot claimed his civil rights were violated following his arrest. A judge Friday ruled his confession and detention stand.
    His legal strategy now is to "paralyze the process," his lawyer, Maximo Altez, said.
    Altez said van der Sloot will use every possible law that is available to him, and that if he exhausts Peruvian courts, they will reach out to the Inter-American Court of Human Rights in Costa Rica. He maintains that his client's rights have been violated.
    The attorney, who has been in touch with both van der Sloot and his family, said the Dutchman is a little "depressed," as anyone in prison would be.
    A court document shows Flores had a cranial fracture and other injuries to her face and neck, and she showed signs she had been asphyxiated.

var currExpandable = "expand17";
    if(typeof CNN.expandableMap === 'object') {
    CNN.expandableMap.push(currExpandable);
    }

var currExpandableHeight = 360;

Joran Van Der Sloot - Page 2 Bttn_close
    Joran Van Der Sloot - Page 2 Is.sloot.courtroom.insession.576x324

Joran Van Der Sloot - Page 2 Is.sloot.courtroom.insession.576x324Video: Inside Joran's prison courtroom

var mediaObj = new Object();
    mediaObj.type = 'video';
    mediaObj.contentId = '';
    mediaObj.source = '/video/crime/2010/06/26/is.sloot.courtroom.insession';
    mediaObj.source = mediaObj.source.replace('/video/','');

mediaObj.lgImage = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('src');
    mediaObj.lgImageX = 640;
    mediaObj.lgImageY = currExpandableHeight;
    mediaObj.origImageX = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('width');
    mediaObj.origImageY = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('height');

mediaObj.contentType = 'Video';

CNN.expElements.expand17Store = mediaObj;

var currExpandable = "expand27";
    }

Joran Van Der Sloot - Page 2 Casarez.dutch.reporter.vds.insession.640x360

Joran Van Der Sloot - Page 2 Casarez.dutch.reporter.vds.insession.640x360Video: Dutch reporter interviews Joran in jail

mediaObj.type = 'video';
    mediaObj.contentId = '';
    mediaObj.source = '/video/crime/2010/06/24/casarez.dutch.reporter.vds.insession';

mediaObj.lgImage = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('src');
    mediaObj.lgImageX = 640;
    mediaObj.origImageX = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('width');
    mediaObj.origImageY = $(currExpandable).select('img.box-image')[0].readAttribute('height');

CNN.expElements.expand27Store = mediaObj;

var currExpandable = "expand37";
    }

Joran Van Der Sloot - Page 2 Ng.dna.found.peru.cnn.640x480

Joran Van Der Sloot - Page 2 Ng.dna.found.peru.cnn.640x480Video: DNA found at Peru murder scene

mediaObj.type = 'video';
    mediaObj.contentId = '';
    mediaObj.source = '/video/crime/2010/06/25/ng.dna.found.peru.cnn';

mediaObj.lgImageX = 640;

CNN.expElements.expand37Store = mediaObj;

var cnnRelatedTopicKeys = [];