Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

2 posters

worlds creepiest places?

worlds creepiest places? Empty worlds creepiest places?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:05 pm

http://www.concierge.com/ideas/holidays/tours/1563?page=0
    Cool article with list of 14 creepiest places in the world. They missed Auschwitz and Poveglia in my opinion but it was not my article. Anyone been to any of these places?
    claudicici
    claudicici

worlds creepiest places? Empty Re: worlds creepiest places?

Post by claudicici Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:13 am

...they all seem amazing and interesting places to visit...I havn't been to any of them...

Post by Guest Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:00 am

I've never been to any either. I had a chance to go in the catacombs in Paris and passed. Would probably go if I had the chance again. I would like to go to the Winchester house. I've been in lots of swamps but never the one mentioned in the article so I would try that too.The odd medical museum.. no thanks.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:10 pm

I have! Winchester Mystery House - twice. I used to live less than a mile from it. It's really cool and really creepy although not as creepy as that freaky museum or the catacombs I would think. I would dig Easter Island.

Winchester House has a lot of really great history in the Winchester Rifle Company stories and the stained glass, wood carvings and other architectural designs and artifacts. Sarah Winchester was really tiny, like 4' 10" and so there are bizarre stairways that have multiple flights that wind back around with steps about 2 inched tall - almost like a wheelchair ramp to go up one flight but with teensy stairs.

Portions of the house are so beautiful and if you can imagine it being surrounded at one time by all the orchards - very isolated - it makes it even more mysterious. They have midnight flashlight tours there around Halloween...I always wanted to do that.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:13 pm

On a side note: supposedly the spirits of the dead killed by Winchester rifles kept telling her "keep building" so she did, day and night. It was a running joke with my ex when I decided to paint all the interiors of our house by myself...he kept taunting me in his best ghost voice "keep painting"...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content