Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+6
TiffaniLane
wadahoot
ericclimbs
claudicici
ziggy
Percy
10 posters

Who would be your ideal POTUS (for fun and not flame)

Percy
    Percy

Who would be your ideal POTUS (for fun and not flame) Empty Who would be your ideal POTUS (for fun and not flame)

Post by Percy Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:16 pm

Just out of curiosity who would be your ideal pick for President of the United States. Its always interesting to me to ask this question of people and I have no intention for this to start a big argument about politics since I personally feel both parties, republican and democrat (tweedledee and tweedledium) are xerox copies of eachother and serve only to drop their pants, bend over and take all they can from special interest groups without any regard for you and I, the average Joe walking down the street.

My picks, just for fun:

1. Jesse Ventura
    2. Dennis Kucinich
    3. Ron Paul
    4. Anegelina Jolie (she really is very politically savvy and would make a great POTUS IMO)
    5. George Clooney, another very politicaly savvy and well informed individual.
    6. Barak Obama--He has some qualities I really like and others I dont much care for but I think he is better than any of the other alternatives.

My dream President was always John F Kennedy Jr. He would have been "The Great One," in my opinion.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Who would be your ideal POTUS (for fun and not flame) Empty Re: Who would be your ideal POTUS (for fun and not flame)

Post by ziggy Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:31 pm

We only agree on Mr. V - but I got your dream team right here:
    J. C. Watts as PODUS and me as VP. Oprah is my top advisor and get shit done person and Glenn Beck is the press secretary. WEEEEEEEE!!!!
    claudicici
    claudicici

Who would be your ideal POTUS (for fun and not flame) Empty Re: Who would be your ideal POTUS (for fun and not flame)

Post by claudicici Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:58 pm

#1 SERJ TANKIAN

I do like Dennis Kucinich and I do like Obama...
    I also agree with some of the things Ron Paul stands for ,other things I despise about him,besides he's too damn old....

anyways since 2012 is the apocalypse I think the real anti christ Sarah Palin would actually be a very good fit.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:22 am

ziggy wrote:We only agree on Mr. V - but I got your dream team right here:
    J. C. Watts as PODUS and me as VP. Oprah is my top advisor and get shit done person and Glenn Beck is the press secretary. WEEEEEEEE!!!!

I am not real conservative on social issues but certainly on fiscal issues and the size and scope of government which I think should be very limited so I dont really mind JC Watts much as I think he was a pretty decent fellow when he was a member of congress, he was also one HELLUVA a football player at the U of Oklahoma, of the best I ever seen play.

I also like Harold Ford Jr, I think he had a nice style about him and was very well spoken and held himself in a dignified manner.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:28 am

claudicici wrote:#1 SERJ TANKIAN

I do like Dennis Kucinich and I do like Obama...
    I also agree with some of the things Ron Paul stands for ,other things I despise about him,besides he's too damn old....

anyways since 2012 is the apocalypse I think the real anti christ Sarah Palin would actually be a very good fit.
    I definitely agree about Ron Paul, some of his ideas are OUTSTANDING but I think his vision of America would take us back to the 1950s WHICH WAS A PRETTY DAMNED good time for this country but it was also a time when women didnt have much of a voice and minorities were second class citizens and I cant tolerate that sort of mentality. His monetary policy is by far the best of anyone I know though.

Kucinich is a genuine character, I have met him and serves as local campaign manager for him and he is one of the nicest most sincere and genuine people I have ever met, I think he would make an fabulous President even though he may be a little too liberal on some issues even for me and I am pretty damn liberal when it comes to many social issues but I much prefer a smaller government limited in its power and scope.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:07 am

...I don't want a big brother government,but i'd like to have a big,nice understanding daddy government ...i think there should be BIG government to protect children,to educate children,to empower minorities,to help people that need help, now healthy grown up's don't need any government and should be able to make their own choices
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:17 am

claudicici wrote:...I don't want a big brother government,but i'd like to have a big,nice understanding daddy government ...i think there should be BIG government to protect children,to educate children,to empower minorities,to help people that need help, now healthy grown up's don't need any government and should be able to make their own choices
    Thats very well said claudi which I have come to expect from you even though you think you arent too book smart and college educated by your own underestimated admission, I would put you up against soime of my friends who went to harvard when it comes to the most basic common sense which you have and which they dont even know what it is.
    Hugs for the Claudi.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 am

Bill the cat and Opuis
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:58 am

Ron Paul for me, or definately Denis Kucinch, problem is (besides my probable misspellings) DK hasn't written a popular book defining what he is all about (and thus we know more about Ronnie.) Yeah Paul is anti-abortion, among other stances you may or may not agree with, but he also heavily believes in states' rights which I happen to think, in our imperfect human society, is the only way to go. It is troubling that, geographically, you may not be able to live in an area which shares your beliefs but it should also be comforting to know there are places (states) you may relocate to where you are welcomed.

Let's face it. This is a human condition, not an ideal condition, some weird spirit of compromise is the best we will ever have in today's times. Maybe, in a few thousand years, we might evolve to such states of higher consciousness as to become more congruent in our beliefs but, as for now, we are going to endlessly bicker about that daily stuff in the news that we constantly bicker about.

(all the while the bilderbugs and the NWO are going to make us slaves) Just kidding Smile

Or am I?? Twisted Evil
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:14 am

ericclimbs wrote:Ron Paul for me, or definately Denis Kucinch, problem is (besides my probable misspellings) DK hasn't written a popular book defining what he is all about (and thus we know more about Ronnie.) Yeah Paul is anti-abortion, among other stances you may or may not agree with, but he also heavily believes in states' rights which I happen to think, in our imperfect human society, is the only way to go. It is troubling that, geographically, you may not be able to live in an area which shares your beliefs but it should also be comforting to know there are places (states) you may relocate to where you are welcomed.

Let's face it. This is a human condition, not an ideal condition, some weird spirit of compromise is the best we will ever have in today's times. Maybe, in a few thousand years, we might evolve to such states of higher consciousness as to become more congruent in our beliefs but, as for now, we are going to endlessly bicker about that daily stuff in the news that we constantly bicker about.

(all the while the bilderbugs and the NWO are going to make us slaves) Just kidding Smile

Or am I?? Twisted Evil

STATES RIGHTS is what it is all about for me. A centralized federal government should be concerned mostly and perhaps only with civil rights issues and the protection of the homeland through the creation of military forces which should NEVER BE USED AT HOME DOMESTICALLY ( see posse commitatus act ). Everything else should be left to the states via popular vote.

I believe FIRMLY in a women's right to choose, I dont much like abortion and have worked tirelessly with certain groups and donated my own money to educate people about adoption and other alternatives but when it comes right down to it aborition is a woman's issue and it is not something the government should sticks it nose in as it is an issue that is between a doctor and his or her patient, it is a medical issue and not a legal or legislative issue. I was once staunchly pro life to the point I would spend my entire weekends protesting against abortion and then I saw the film Ceder House Rules and from that day forward I b3elieve very strongly whether I agree with it or not that ABORTION MUST ALWAYS REMAIN SAFE AND LEGAL. I hope and I pray that someday we will evolve as a society and a people where we wont need to abortion but we do not live in the world of Thomas Moore's utopia so since we dont live in an ideal world and it is very much imperfect the best we can as civilized beings is at least make sure that if a woman needs to make that choice she needs to be able to make it in such a way that the result is safe and legal and she isnt forced in to a dark back alley using a coat hanger to get the job done, and yes, before roe versus wade that is EXACTLY what was happening.

You know we have such a great group of people here that I want to write a book about this experience I have had with you all, a story of a bunch of people coming together with a wide variety of opinions and who were all able to set aside those differences for the greater cause of friendship and learning to respect others beliefs even when they radically clash with everything we have always believed in.

I thank you all for letting me be part of this wonderful experiment that, as far as I can see will not only be a success but will result in something valuable and lasting for each of us.

I like and respect you more and more everyday Eric and each time you open your mouth its like opening the window on a summer evening, fresh air lots of fresh air my friend.

Last edited by Paximus on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:23 am

dabobkat wrote:Bill the cat and Opuis

Mr Magoo might even be better but thats what we have now anyway right, a bunch of blind and clueless idoits leading us all around by our noses and there seemingly isnt a damned thing we can do about it short of viva la revolucion!

Che Guevera is one of my heros. If you dont know about him there are two movies to watch, one is called the MOTORCYCLE DIARIES and the other a new one that just came out starring the wonderful actor Bianca Del Toro called CHE. Watch them. He was a commie but he was a great man and a true revolutionary who did what he had to do to protect his people and his nation's natural recourses from western imperialistic and cia exploitation.

Last edited by Paximus on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    wadahoot
    wadahoot

Post by wadahoot Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:25 am

I have always wondered why the people that protest the loudest against abortion are men?

Do I like abortion? No, of course not. I really hate it when women use it lightly as a form of birth control.

However, at my age (50) I've seen enough of the world, and grew up in the 60s and 70s when decisions were still made for women by husbands and/or parents.

I do believe strongly in Planned Parenthood, and letting young women get counseling and birth control without their parent's knowledge. I think part of that education process should be an explaination of the responsibilities not only of parenting, but of choosing an abortion, too.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:44 pm

wadahoot wrote:I have always wondered why the people that protest the loudest against abortion are men?

Do I like abortion? No, of course not. I really hate it when women use it lightly as a form of birth control.

However, at my age (50) I've seen enough of the world, and grew up in the 60s and 70s when decisions were still made for women by husbands and/or parents.

I do believe strongly in Planned Parenthood, and letting young women get counseling and birth control without their parent's knowledge. I think part of that education process should be an explaination of the responsibilities not only of parenting, but of choosing an abortion, too.

I wonder about that myself sometimes

I have no say in what a woman does to her body.
    TiffaniLane
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Me Smile

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:08 pm

TiffaniLane wrote:Me Who would be your ideal POTUS (for fun and not flame) Icon_smile
    You have to be 35
    But I'd vote for you
    Would make the State of the Union a joy to see
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Glenn Beck.

Ari needs to come back as press sect. I miss Ari. Sad

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Paximus wrote:
    dabobkat wrote:Bill the cat and Opuis

Che Guevera is one of my heros. If you dont know about him there are two movies to watch, one is called the MOTORCYCLE DIARIES and the other a new one that just came out starring the wonderful actor Bianca Del Toro called CHE. Watch them. He was a commie but he was a great man and a true revolutionary who did what he had to do to protect his people and his nation's natural recourses from western imperialistic and cia exploitation.

And except for his murdering, thieving, racist ways he was a great guy. Evil or Very Mad
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:51 pm

Paximus wrote:
    ziggy wrote:We only agree on Mr. V - but I got your dream team right here:

I am not real conservative on social issues but certainly on fiscal issues and the size and scope of government which I think should be very limited so I dont really mind JC Watts much as I think he was a pretty decent fellow when he was a member of congress, he was also one HELLUVA a football player at the U of Oklahoma, of the best I ever seen play.

I also like Harold Ford Jr, I think he had a nice style about him and was very well spoken and held himself in a dignified manner.
    Ugh. I cannot get away from OU football anywhere.......
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:05 pm

A custom built presidential AI.
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:06 pm

Paximus wrote:

STATES RIGHTS is what it is all about for me. A centralized federal government should be concerned mostly and perhaps only with civil rights issues and the protection of the homeland through the creation of military forces which should NEVER BE USED AT HOME DOMESTICALLY ( see posse commitatus act ). Everything else should be left to the states via popular vote.
    You had me right up to civil rights.

The govt should handle our borders, run the military and deliver the mail. And they should only be able to collect in tax enough to cover those three things. And since we have FedEx, you can skim it down to two.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:34 pm

Paximus wrote:
    Mags wrote:
    Paximus wrote:

You had me right up to civil rights.

The govt should handle our borders, run the military and deliver the mail. And they should only be able to collect in tax enough to cover those three things. And since we have FedEx, you can skim it down to two.

Hey I agree but if we allowed the states to handle civil rights blacks would still be picking cotton south of the mason-dixon. I went to Mississippi last year to visit a relative, you cant imagine the kind of racism that still exists in the deep south. Since some of those people are unable to crawl out from under the rocks from which they live so we unfortunately have to have big brother to send them the memo that its the year 2010 and let them know white sheets went out of style 50 years ago. I dont like it either but thats how it is.
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:25 pm

That's why we have 50 of them. I have no need to drag everyone along the road of progress with me. No state left behind? We all settle to the lowest common denominator. Hence, our current national disaster.
    bandersnatch45
    bandersnatch45

Post by bandersnatch45 Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:19 pm

The Kay wrote:

And except for his murdering, thieving, racist ways he was a great guy. Evil or Very Mad

fortunately, he was stood up against a wall by the Bolivian army before he could do any more damage. yup, presidential material, that.

Palin isn't ready yet, maybe by 2016 she have the right blend of experience.
    Scott Brown is interesting but still young, so we'll have to wait a bit to see what he's made of.

I was hoping that all this cloning research would result in another Reagan.
    TandT

Post by TandT Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:38 am

I just want some congress critters and potus that can balance a fucking checkbook like i have to do .... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Spending your way out of a recession (as in the Obamason approach) is like standing in a bucket and lifting yourself up by the handle ... aint gonna happen ... Evil or Very Mad

(another reagan would be great by me ... )
    TiffaniLane
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:04 am

ahhhh blah my democratic heart is breaking Sad Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:26 pm