Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+6
TiffaniLane
wadahoot
ericclimbs
claudicici
ziggy
Percy
10 posters

Who would be your ideal POTUS (for fun and not flame)

dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Who would be your ideal POTUS (for fun and not flame) - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would be your ideal POTUS (for fun and not flame)

Post by dangrsmind Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Somewhat on topic:
    Sarah Palin Opens Sixth Seal

"Wow, it's good to be here, just shootin' the breeze with a bunch of real, hardworking Americans who love their freedom," said Palin, her words echoing across the Idaho Falls Civic Auditorium as mighty tremors caused great unrest beneath the land and the sea. "So are the little guys like you and me gonna fight these Washington insiders with their big government agenda? You betcha we are!"

And lo, there was then a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair; and the moon became as blood; and "gosh" was spoken repeatedly; and the stars of heaven fell upon the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken by a mighty wind.

These disturbances reportedly went unnoticed by the audience, however, as their thunderous applause drowned out the sound of the foretold cataclysm.
    Percy
    Percy

Who would be your ideal POTUS (for fun and not flame) - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would be your ideal POTUS (for fun and not flame)

Post by Percy Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:11 pm

The Kay wrote:
    Paximus wrote:
    dabobkat wrote:Bill the cat and Opuis

Che Guevera is one of my heros. If you dont know about him there are two movies to watch, one is called the MOTORCYCLE DIARIES and the other a new one that just came out starring the wonderful actor Bianca Del Toro called CHE. Watch them. He was a commie but he was a great man and a true revolutionary who did what he had to do to protect his people and his nation's natural recourses from western imperialistic and cia exploitation.

And except for his murdering, thieving, racist ways he was a great guy. Evil or Very Mad

I did a lot of work on CHE's life when pursuing my Masters Degree and yes, he had his flaws but most great men are very flawed human beings and revolutionaires especially. He wasnt perfect but he did care for his people and his heritage, but then so did Hitler. Its all perspective I guess. You have to understand that Cuba was under grave attack by western corporate hegemons and they were using the CIA to fund and organize all the opposition to the revolution, Castro and Che had little choice but to imprison all political opposition because of this. I dont agree with everything they did but history will be kind to them, there have been few men with the kind of resolve they had to protect their people and especially the working classes, ever.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:16 pm

TandT wrote:I just want some congress critters and potus that can balance a fucking checkbook like i have to do .... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Spending your way out of a recession (as in the Obamason approach) is like standing in a bucket and lifting yourself up by the handle ... aint gonna happen ... Evil or Very Mad

(another reagan would be great by me ... )

I hear you but its not all on Obama, Bush is the one who initiated the fucking bailouts and rewarded the bankers for decades of incompetence.
    TiffaniLane
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:17 pm

Paximus wrote:
    TandT wrote:I just want some congress critters and potus that can balance a fucking checkbook like i have to do .... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Spending your way out of a recession (as in the Obamason approach) is like standing in a bucket and lifting yourself up by the handle ... aint gonna happen ... Evil or Very Mad

(another reagan would be great by me ... )

I hear you but its not all on Obama, Bush is the one who initiated the fucking bailouts and rewarded the bankers for decades of incompetence.

Thank you!!! Now we have everyday joe getting apeice of the handout pie and all hell breaks loose.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:18 pm

bandersnatch45 wrote:
    The Kay wrote:

And except for his murdering, thieving, racist ways he was a great guy. Evil or Very Mad

fortunately, he was stood up against a wall by the Bolivian army before he could do any more damage. yup, presidential material, that.

Palin isn't ready yet, maybe by 2016 she have the right blend of experience.
    Scott Brown is interesting but still young, so we'll have to wait a bit to see what he's made of.

I was hoping that all this cloning research would result in another Reagan.

Reagan was a great leader but his economic policy was pretty flawed and we are still paying the price for a lot of what happened in the Reagan years, today. Other than that he did inspire many American's and made us proud to be American at a time when we needed exactly that.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:30 pm

I wouldnt mind watching James Traficant run for president, he would never win but the debates and campaign would be a thing of awe to see. The guy isnt afraid to speak his mind even though sometimes he seems a 'little out there.'

There is something about him that really intrigues me.

I am actually willing to listen to anyone who wants to do away with the fucking Federal Reserve and bring back an honest and constitutional monetary system.

A good book to read about this: The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve by G. Edward Griffin

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:41 pm

I think it’s time for a viable third party that can give us more options instead of a having to vote for the lesser of two evils
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:44 pm

ABSOLUTELY agree but I am sad to say that I dont think the establishment will ever allow a third party to get enough footing to really be able to challenge for the presidency. It IS what is needed though and would really go a long way in helping change the destructive course this nation is on and has been on for some time now.
    TandT

Post by TandT Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:58 am

Paximus wrote: Reagan was a great leader but his economic policy was pretty flawed and we are still paying the price for a lot of what happened in the Reagan years, today. Other than that he did inspire many American's and made us proud to be American at a time when we needed exactly that.

Why do you think his economic policy was flawed?

Reagan's economic policy reversed the 'high misery index' years of the Carter administration by cutting taxes resulting in increased revenues to the federal government ... it is a blueprint that should be dusted off, reconstituted and subject to reimplementation...

and, i would remind you that American Hostages in the Iranian Embassy that were held for 444 days during the Carter administration were released on Reagan's inauguration day
    bandersnatch45
    bandersnatch45

Post by bandersnatch45 Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:48 pm

TandT wrote:
    Paximus wrote: Reagan was a great leader but his economic policy was pretty flawed and we are still paying the price for a lot of what happened in the Reagan years, today. Other than that he did inspire many American's and made us proud to be American at a time when we needed exactly that.

Reagan's economic policy reversed the 'high misery index' years of the Carter administration by cutting taxes resulting in increased revenues to the federal government ... it is a blueprint that should be dusted off, reconstituted and subject to reimplementation...

and, i would remind you that American Hostages in the Iranian Embassy that were held for 444 days during the Carter administration were released on Reagan's inauguration day

then there's that whole 20 years of economic prosperity thing.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:35 pm

TandT wrote:

Where to begin, lets start with the national debt under the Reagan Adminstration. I am not a RR basher, he was an inspiration to many Americans and on many levels he was just what the doctor ordered for that time in our nation's history, but I think history is a little too kind to him sometimes, his policies were not without their flaws.

I will discuss this more as time permits as I do want to expound on this further.
    Mags
    Mags

Post by Mags Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:09 am

bandersnatch45 wrote:
    TandT wrote:

then there's that whole 20 years of economic prosperity thing.
    Which led to record setting charitable donations here and abroad by the American private sector.

Maybe the crime rate was higher & that's why it sucked? Who knows anymore.......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:59 am