Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+6
TiffaniLane
AndresEscobar
Splendor Solis
dangrsmind
ericclimbs
Percy
10 posters

Johnny Depp Pleads For Justice in Murder Trial

Percy
    Percy

Johnny Depp Pleads For Justice in Murder Trial Empty Johnny Depp Pleads For Justice in Murder Trial

Post by Percy Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:58 pm

http://www.popeater.com/2010/02/23/john ... webmaildl2

Interesting timing with Alice in Wonderland coming out.

Johnny Depp Pleads For Justice in Murder Trial | PopEater.com

316 CommentsBy Brooke Tarnoff Posted Feb 23rd 2010 08:06AM
    PRINT E-MAIL More
    You may expect Johnny Depp to be busy promoting his foray into 'Wonderland,' but
    the A-list actor has a bigger cause to champion: justice. Depp will appear on
    CBS's '48 Hours Mystery' on Saturday to advocate the release of the "West
    Memphis Three," young men convicted in 1994 of murdering three boys during a
    satanic ritual.
    Depp is not alone in his belief that the men were convicted on flimsy or
    fabricated evidence. He joins stars like Eddie Vedder, Winona Ryder, the Dixie
    Chicks and Disney teen star Demi Lovato in insisting the men were actually found
    guilty for their fascination with heavy-metal music, Stephen King and the
    occult.

"I firmly believe Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley are totally
    innocent. It was a need for swift justice to placate the community," Depp says
    on Saturday's show. "Damien Echols is on death row to be killed by lethal
    injection."

The appearance of the 'Alice in Wonderland' star shocked CBS staffers, who told
    the NY Post: "Johnny Depp on '48 Hours' -- are you joking?"

The segment will highlight DNA and forensic evidence that many hope will finally
    clear Echols, Baldwin and Misskelley of the crimes. The show also suggests that
    juror misconduct contributed to the guilty verdict, the NY Post reports.

Follow Us on Twitter Friend Us on Facebook

The West Memphis Three were tried and convicted of the murders of three
    eight-year-old boys in the Robin Hood Hills area of West Memphis, Arkansas in
    1993. Claims that police bungled the gathering of evidence, compromised the
    crime scene, ignored possible suspects and misplaced DNA samples are behind the
    controversy that has spanned nearly two decades.

Damien Echols was sentenced to death. Jessie Misskelley, Jr., was sentenced to
    life in prison plus 40 years and Jason Baldwin was sentenced to life
    imprisonment. All three were teenagers at the time of their arrests. Two
    documentaries aired on HBO, 'Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood
    Hills' and 'Paradise Lost 2: Revelations', explored evidence suggesting that the
    three men were wrongly convicted.

Depp's appearance is not the first star-powered effort to free the trio. In
    2002, Henry Rollins produced the album 'Rise Above: 24 Black Flag Songs to
    Benefit the West Memphis Three,' a collection of cover songs originally
    performed by Rollins' band Black Flag. Rollins donated profits from the record
    and the supporting tour to the suspects' defense funds.

In 2003, Winona Ryder hosted a benefit exhibition at a Los Angeles art gallery,
    featuring artwork by Raymond Pettibon, Shepard Fairey and Marilyn Manson. Though
    Ryder herself was convicted of grand theft and vandalism in a 2002 trial, she
    was unconcerned with the public's reaction to her support.

"I'm sure there's going to be a lot of jokes," Ryder told USA TODAY at the time.
    "To me, [my case] has nothing to do with the other. It is incomparable. I am not
    in prison. I am not on death row. I did not in any way experience what these
    guys have experienced. They are in my hearts every day, and I will never give up
    until they're out."

During the gallery opening ceremony, Ryder announced her belief that the
    verdicts of the West Memphis Three were based on "rumors, prejudices and
    superstitions," and called for DNA testing and new trials.

Last month, 'Sonny With a Chance' star Lovato tweeted her support of the ongoing
    cause. She wrote, "Can everyone just take a second to read this please.
    http://www.wm3.org A truly worthwhile cause. Show your support!!!"

Minutes later, she added, "FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!!!"

Depp's appearance on '48 Hours Mystery' airs Saturday, Feb. 27 at 10 p.m.
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Johnny Depp Pleads For Justice in Murder Trial Empty Re: Johnny Depp Pleads For Justice in Murder Trial

Post by ericclimbs Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:33 am

Good stuff. I was just thinking about those guys the other day. Have you seen the documentary on this case? Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills. It is a fantastic look at this case. One definately gets the feeling these kids, now adults, are innocent:

Johnny Depp Pleads For Justice in Murder Trial 5118Q41G9QL._SL500_AA240_
    Percy
    Percy

Johnny Depp Pleads For Justice in Murder Trial Empty Re: Johnny Depp Pleads For Justice in Murder Trial

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:37 am

ericclimbs wrote:Good stuff. I was just thinking about those guys the other day. Have you seen the documentary on this case? Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills. It is a fantastic look at this case. One definately gets the feeling these kids, now adults, are innocent:

I actually havent seen that but I am glad you mentioned it because I had heard about it but didnt know the name, now I can look it up. I have, however, read a lot about this case and I agree with you I do get the feeling they are innocent.

Also Depp is the real deal, if he gets involved you know its more than just publicity because he really doesnt like publicity much, he moved to France so he could just be himself and live his life.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:38 am

Paximus wrote:
    ericclimbs wrote:Good stuff. I was just thinking about those guys the other day. Have you seen the documentary on this case? Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills. It is a fantastic look at this case. One definately gets the feeling these kids, now adults, are innocent:

I actually havent seen that but I am glad you mentioned it because I had heard about it but didnt know the name, now I can look it up. I have, however, read a lot about this case and I agree with you I do get the feeling they are innocent.

Also Depp is the real deal, if he gets involved you know its more than just publicity because he really doesnt like publicity much, he moved to France so he could just be himself and live his life.

Can I get that DVD at blockbuster, is it pretty mainstream release? How old is it?
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:57 am

Paximus wrote:
    Paximus wrote:

Can I get that DVD at blockbuster, is it pretty mainstream release? How old is it?

Dude blockbuster?? Are they still around? I thought everybody had Netflix by now. Netflix is the Nirvana of movies, documentaries, and tv shows!

All kidding aside its a fantastic documentary. When you mentioned wanting to do a Sam doc Paradise Lost was the first thing to pop into my head. It came out a pretty long time ago and there is a part 2 though I haven't seen it. You need to see it ASAP I promise you'll be completely absorbed by what you see.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:09 am

ericclimbs wrote:
    Paximus wrote:
    Paximus wrote:

Dude blockbuster?? Are they still around? I thought everybody had Netflix by now. Netflix is the Nirvana of movies, documentaries, and tv shows!

All kidding aside its a fantastic documentary. When you mentioned wanting to do a Sam doc Paradise Lost was the first thing to pop into my head. It came out a pretty long time ago and there is a part 2 though I haven't seen it. You need to see it ASAP I promise you'll be completely absorbed by what you see.

I have a deal with blockbuster for like 20 bucks a month all I can rent, I do need to get in to the whole netflix thing though, just never have but wifey wants to also.
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:14 am

Netflix is really cool man -- they have damn near everything on the planet. You can, unbelievably, even rent stuff that's out of print. Well I haven't done that in a while but I know you could. For 19 bucks a month you can have three movies at a time at home and rotate them as you please. There are lesser and greater options to choose from.

When that company first came out I thought "What a stupid idea, that'll never work."

Ha! No wonder I'm not rich.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:29 am

This forum looks good now huh, Heroine and I been up all night working on it LOL.

I am about to crash.
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:34 am

Me too man, gotta drive a 300 mile loop tomorrow dropping off kegs and cases of beer. Anyway if you go forward with a Sam documentary let me know. There is a slight chance I might be able to help. My life is in a weird state of flux right now.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:41 am

I need someone to help me with it. We will talk about that for sure, we have so much here at our disposal there is no reason we cant make that happen and ScaryMary already asked Sam and he is eager to work with me.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:56 am

ericclimbs wrote:Netflix is really cool man -- they have damn near everything on the planet. You can, unbelievably, even rent stuff that's out of print. Well I haven't done that in a while but I know you could. For 19 bucks a month you can have three movies at a time at home and rotate them as you please. There are lesser and greater options to choose from.

When that company first came out I thought "What a stupid idea, that'll never work."

Ha! No wonder I'm not rich.

Netflix is a really interesting company. For one, they don't have assigned vacation time. Employees take off as much time as they want and there is an honor system about not taking time off when you are needed. They also offered a million dollar prize to any group of researchers, not employees, who could improve their recommendation engine by 10% or more. Their whole shipping system was developed with the USPS.

Netflix is a very innovative company on many levels.
    Splendor Solis
    Splendor Solis

Post by Splendor Solis Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:59 am

Youtube also has the whole Paradise Lost on it. The crazy stepdad (and IMO actual murderer) is a must see.
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:02 am

Pax. Get Netflix. You can find a package for the same price, more movies. You wouldn't believe some of the crazy horror/low budget stuff I find on there.

Depp hasn't been in a movie worth seeing in almost a decade. Goes to show you how an actor having major success in a role (Pirates of the Caribbean) can kill a once promising career. Just sayin'.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:22 am

Splendor Solis wrote:Youtube also has the whole Paradise Lost on it. The crazy stepdad (and IMO actual murderer) is a must see.

I have read a lot of information on this case, and I do not know which "side" to believe. I about the suspicions regarding the stepfather, but never a reason why he would do this to those little boys. Did he just want to torture them? Was it a sex crime?
    TiffaniLane
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:29 am

AndresEscobar wrote:Pax. Get Netflix. You can find a package for the same price, more movies. You wouldn't believe some of the crazy horror/low budget stuff I find on there.

Depp hasn't been in a movie worth seeing in almost a decade. Goes to show you how an actor having major success in a role (Pirates of the Caribbean) can kill a once promising career. Just sayin'.

Not to mention the Xbox 360 capabilities with Netflix.
    Splendor Solis
    Splendor Solis

Post by Splendor Solis Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:47 pm

The Kay wrote:
    Splendor Solis wrote:Youtube also has the whole Paradise Lost on it. The crazy stepdad (and IMO actual murderer) is a must see.

I have read a lot of information on this case, and I do not know which "side" to believe. I about the suspicions regarding the stepfather, but never a reason why he would do this to those little boys. Did he just want to torture them? Was it a sex crime?

In the case of Byers, the stepdad I was referring to, it was just a case of punishing the boys. Although, I don't think he acted alone, and imo I think that at least 1 of the WM3 actually was involved in helping Mr. Byers.
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:55 pm

TiffaniLane wrote:
    AndresEscobar wrote:Pax. Get Netflix. You can find a package for the same price, more movies. You wouldn't believe some of the crazy horror/low budget stuff I find on there.

Also PS3. And online streaming.
    TandT

Post by TandT Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:13 pm

AndresEscobar wrote:
    TiffaniLane wrote:

Also PS3. And online streaming.

here is the netflix link to stream movies directly to your TV (or via another device)

http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevices?trkid=496634&lnkctr=nmf_nfrd&lnkce=nrd-o

amazon video is also available via panasonic TV and BluRay players
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:08 am

I definetely need to check that out... Johnny Depp Pleads For Justice in Murder Trial 622579
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:23 am

I just went to my Netflix and put it in the que. I don't have TV so I love Netflix...some movies I can watch instantly on the computer....now I just need a plasma TV!!!! Then I can watch it all on the TV screen....

Post by karma Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Stephen King books? Really? I own them all and he's my fav author so what does that say about me? I also like NIN, Marliyn Manson and others. Geez maybe I should drag out my vinyl and play it backwards.....
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:13 am

I just finished watching that movie/documentary. Holy shit. There were actual police crime scene videos and pics of those boys bodies. Horrible.

Although the dad is a totally creepy perfectly stereo typed Arkansas hillbilly type, I don't think he did it. First, it would have taken more than one person I think.

I do think the case was poorly handled in the evidence gathering and I can't help but wonder where the boys were actually killed, because the lack of mosquito bites on them to me is the best evidence that they weren't out in that ditch for long and probably not killed there in the dark.

That is the most convincing evidence that the three didn't do it and then again, their demeanor makes them look guilty. I couldn't help notice they seemed very ashamed and like they were going with the whole innocence thing to please their family and attorneys.

I can't wait to see if new methods in forensic science can lead us closer to the truth.

Fascinating movie, good courtroom footage.

Last edited by ziggy on Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:00 am

And now I just watched 48 hrs and for the jury misconduct alone they need to grant a new trial! That was MAJOR. The law demands this. I don't know if they did it or not, but they did not get a fair trial. Wow.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:42 am

And here's a good alternate theory implicating a step father of oneo the boys that was also eluded to in the 48 hrs. piece.

http://www.wm3blackboard.com/forum/index.php?topic=2386.0

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:14 am