Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+7
ziggy
blouAngel
dangrsmind
tapu
TiffaniLane
TandT
Percy
11 posters

The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss

Percy
    Percy

The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss Empty The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:41 pm

What are the merits of psychedelic drugs, have you used them in the past and how did they help open your mind. Such things are not for the abusive type but in a clinical setting used responsibily I do believe they can have a lot of benefits and help people break down a lot of the walls that are built around us as children.

Discuss (responsibly please)....

The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss Pabaya
    TandT

The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss Empty Re: The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss

Post by TandT Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Nope - Never used them -

have no desire to try them -

am i missing out - don't think so .....
    Percy
    Percy

The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss Empty Re: The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:53 pm

TandT wrote:Nope - Never used them -

I wouldnt say someone who hasnt used them is missing out but someone who has used them certainly can benefit from them in moderation. Understand that I am long past the age where I did such things and I no longer even drink at all, but years ago I did dabble and experiment and thankfully I had a group of friends that believed in moderation and responsibility at the time so things never got out of hand.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Paximus wrote:

I wouldnt say someone who hasnt used them is missing out but someone who has used them certainly can benefit from them in moderation. Understand that I am long past the age where I did such things and I no longer even drink at all, but years ago I did dabble and experiment and thankfully I had a group of friends that believed in moderation and responsibility at the time so things never got out of hand.

I would like to add that it is very difficult to describe the experience to someone who has never done them but I will say that when you do experience them with the proper dose and in the right setting EVERYTHING comes together and really starts to make sense and this sort of carries over even after the experience has ended and you come away with a totally new understanding and outlook of the world around you.
    TandT

Post by TandT Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:06 pm

Paximus wrote:
    Paximus wrote:

I would like to add that it is very difficult to describe the experience to someone who has never done them but I will say that when you do experience them with the proper dose and in the right setting EVERYTHING comes together and really starts to make sense and this sort of carries over even after the experience has ended and you come away with a totally new understanding and outlook of the world around you.

i am loathe to take even an aspirin for a headache ... or an analgesic for tendonitis ... so for me, to take something like that is not an option i would entertain ...
    TiffaniLane
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:08 pm

As far as the most "amazing" experience, it had to be about 10 years ago while on shrooms. I was sitting out in the cornfield beside where I lived, just watching it move all around me. It was quite the experience, how peaceful things were, how happy and blissful the feeling, the way the corn turned into art before my very eyes. Def something I did at a much younger age, but something I wouldn't want myself to miss the experience of.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:13 pm

The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss 800px-Amanita_muscaria_3_vliegenzwammen_op_rij
    TandT wrote:
    Paximus wrote:
    Paximus wrote:

i am loathe to take even an aspirin for a headache ... or an analgesic for tendonitis ... so for me, to take something like that is not an option i would entertain ...

I agree with you and thats how I am now, I dont take any man made medications of any kind, use only natural remedy etc and also keep in mind that I am not speaking of LSD when I speak of Psychedelics for me personally I am talking about naturally grown Psilocybin mushrooms of the Amanita muscaria variety.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:20 pm

Probably a topic for yet another interesting discussion but after years and years of research I have reason to conclude that all of the books we regard as religious and holy and sacred, including the Judeo/Christian canon, were in fact written by people eating the very mushrooms in that picture above. The evidence is pretty overwhelming.

In fact a man named Terence Kemp McKenna, writer, philosopher etc suggests in some of his books what we know of as human consciousness, evolved specifically because of apes eating these very mushrooms.
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:39 pm

I should like to suggest that this topic go in "Politics." For reasons I believe are obvious.

Smile
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:49 pm

tapu wrote:I should like to suggest that this topic go in "Politics." For reasons I believe are obvious.

The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss Icon_smile

I think I will move it to Science, Technology and the Human Mind, hows that?
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Hmm, guess they weren't so obvious.... Sure, fine.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:26 pm

An interesting book regarding the question of psychedelics is Zig, Zag, Zen. Both pro and con sides of the issue are discussed.
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:37 am

I'm sure missing the obviousness of how this goes in a politcal forum. I saw Terrence McKenna lecture many years ago. I don't agree with all of his conclusions, but he was a very interesting guy with a very chilled and cool approach to lecturing.

I can't remember whether I posted this on the Websleuth forum or not, but there is a new edition of The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross out. The author John Allegro was a British expert on Near Eastern languages who was an important part of the team responsible for translating the Dead Sea Scrolls. The book outlines his argument that Christianity developed from an earlier mushroom eating cult that hid the secrets of their rituals from the Romans in stories that became the basis of Christian mythology. Needless to say, that caused some controversy and ruined his career. I'm not sure I buy it, but regardless of whether he was right or not with that particular theory, he wrote some very interesting things.

http://johnallegro.org/main/
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:50 am

Paximus wrote:The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss 800px-Amanita_muscaria_3_vliegenzwammen_op_rij
    TandT wrote:
    Paximus wrote:
    Paximus wrote:

I agree with you and thats how I am now, I dont take any man made medications of any kind, use only natural remedy etc and also keep in mind that I am not speaking of LSD when I speak of Psychedelics for me personally I am talking about naturally grown Psilocybin mushrooms of the Amanita muscaria variety.

Technical point here, but "Amanita" is the name of a genus. "Psylocybe" is too. Generally speaking, things do not fall into two different genera unless they have been re-categorized and both the old and new species names are still in use.(Not intended as punning BTW)

That isn't the case here. Amanita muscaria and the psychoactive Psylocybe species are not related and contain very different active (ie. hallucinogenic) compounds.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:56 am

blouAngel wrote:I'm sure missing the obviousness of how this goes in a politcal forum. I saw Terrence McKenna lecture many years ago. I don't agree with all of his conclusions, but he was a very interesting guy with a very chilled and cool approach to lecturing.

I can't remember whether I posted this on the Websleuth forum or not, but there is a new edition of The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross out. The author John Allegro was a British expert on Near Eastern languages who was an important part of the team responsible for translating the Dead Sea Scrolls. The book outlines his argument that Christianity developed from an earlier mushroom eating cult that hid the secrets of their rituals from the Romans in stories that became the basis of Christian mythology. Needless to say, that caused some controversy and ruined his career. I'm not sure I buy it, but regardless of whether he was right or not with that particular theory, he wrote some very interesting things.

http://johnallegro.org/main/

Certainly Leary's agenda was political. That's why he was tossed in jail way back when. And McKenna was arguably just continuing that agenda with a twist and both were drawing on Crowley's ideas as well. Psychedelics and freedom of consciousness are very political IMO.

"Turn on, tune in and drop out."
    --Timothy Leary

"We're not dropping out here, we are infiltrating and taking over."
    --Terrance McKenna

"our method is science, our aim is religion"
    --Aleister Crowley
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Eating locally grown carrots is a political act for many people too, but I'd still argue against the "obviousness" of a suggestion that carrots ought to be discussed in a political forum rather than a food forum.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:45 pm

blouAngel wrote:
    Paximus wrote:The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss 800px-Amanita_muscaria_3_vliegenzwammen_op_rij
    TandT wrote:
    Paximus wrote:
    Paximus wrote:

Technical point here, but "Amanita" is the name of a genus. "Psylocybe" is too. Generally speaking, things do not fall into two different genera unless they have been re-categorized and both the old and new species names are still in use.(Not intended as punning BTW)

That isn't the case here. Amanita muscaria and the psychoactive Psylocybe species are not related and contain very different active (ie. hallucinogenic) compounds.

Thank you Blou! I do apprciate the minor correction. It has been many years since I have done such things but it is always interesting to see what other's experiences were. I actually thought it was a general discussion issue myself but anyway.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:57 pm

I've done 'em; natural and synthetic. I think I was too young to get any deep spiritual revelations but they were definitely mind expanding. I must be a concretely goofy person because all I ever did was laugh so hard my abs hurt the next day. It was an experience I do not regret - I'm glad I did it and might do it again, although now I'm afraid I would blow my own mind because of the growth that's taken place since then.

It's a must to do them with a person you trust not to freak out.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:15 pm

Cool beans Zig, id like to trip with you and the rest of this gang.

Again though for those of you against drugs, I totally understand your position and I am not talking about just going out and getting high for the fuck of it. In terms of Psychedelics, I am talking about the quest for a more spiritual experience, a means of trying to get closer to whatever it is that is out there, a cosmic journey so to speak. There is nothing wrong with that in the right setting, the right dose and with the right people.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:19 pm

ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Claudi that is one of my all time favorite funny videos! "when winter came, the marijuana spider had no place to live"
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:00 pm

...well,this might be a good as thread as any to share what I dreamed the other night after being in the little chatbox.I dreamed we were all actually in like a warehouse together but instead of talking we were passing notes.
    dangrs drew fried eggs on pieces of paper and we ate them The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss 255638
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:05 pm

Trippy!!! Aren't dreams the koolest? I love weird dreams like that. But how does my mind have the authority to randomly put stories together like that? It's crazy that it kind of makes sense and it kind of doesn't. How does your brain know how to put the story together in a sequence with relevant but really odd elements? It's a mystery to me.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:48 pm

...i guess it's just another way of thinking,a different reality,just like under the influence of whatever,opens other doors,dreams help me a lot of times to make sense of things,other times they just terrify me and i never want to go back to that place....lucid dreams are rare for me but they are the best...god,i love those...
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:12 pm

claudicici wrote:...well,this might be a good as thread as any to share what I dreamed the other night after being in the little chatbox.I dreamed we were all actually in like a warehouse together but instead of talking we were passing notes.
    dangrs drew fried eggs on pieces of paper and we ate them The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss 255638
    MMMM paper eggs! I can't wait to eat more of them in your dreams claudia! The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss 130642 The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss 316827 The Merits of Psychedelics---Discuss 263561

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:27 pm