Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+8
Splendor Solis
claudicici
blouAngel
ziggy
Metzgermeister
DoctorZ
12 posters

All-Time Favorite Television Shows

Percy
    Percy

All-Time Favorite Television Shows - Page 2 Empty Re: All-Time Favorite Television Shows

Post by Percy Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:16 pm

DoctorZ wrote:
    Metzgermeister wrote:Thanks Ziggy!! I'm an outcast irl fwiw (:

Just thought of another show I can't live without, Ghost Hunters, and Paranormal State/Destination Truth. Yup, Canadian TV.

There was an episode of Paranormal State in a prison that had a pentagram in the warden's office. The leader guy said he knew of no use for that symbol but worshiping Satan. I have refused to watch the show since.

There is so many of them now, paranormal cops, paranormal state, et al, they are sort of cheesy, also I agree with that pentagram statement, thats blatant ignorance and evidence they only care about sensationalism and not the truth or educating people. Sounds like something our occult investigator friend in Farmville would say.

I absolutely love nothing more than paranormal studies, deep politics and general high weirdness but these guys arent doing themselves any favors with some of the shit they broadcast, they make themselves look like dumbasses to anyone who has really done some real research in to these matters. Im no expert but certainly a student and know enough to refute such bullshit when I see it.
    DoctorZ

All-Time Favorite Television Shows - Page 2 Empty Re: All-Time Favorite Television Shows

Post by DoctorZ Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:24 pm

Paximus wrote:
    DoctorZ wrote:

Just thought of another show I can't live without, Ghost Hunters, and Paranormal State/Destination Truth. Yup, Canadian TV.

There was an episode of Paranormal State in a prison that had a pentagram in the warden's office. The leader guy said he knew of no use for that symbol but worshiping Satan. I have refused to watch the show since.

There is so many of them now, paranormal cops, paranormal state, et al, they are sort of cheesy, also I agree with that pentagram statement, thats blatant ignorance and evidence they only care about sensationalism and not the truth or educating people. Sounds like something our occult investigator friend in Farmville would say.

I absolutely love nothing more than paranormal studies, deep politics and general high weirdness but these guys arent doing themselves any favors with some of the shit they broadcast, they make themselves look like dumbasses to anyone who has really done some real research in to these matters. Im no expert but certainly a student and know enough to refute such bullshit when I see it.

It really is sensationalism. At first the show was alright, but it went downhill. In the last few episodes I watched it was always about a "demonic presence" and there was always a family member who had been into Satanism. At first I kind of laughed at it, but it got to a point where they were just spreading bad information. Maybe they hired Rimer as a consultant.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:15 am

All-Time Favorite Television Shows - Page 2 130642
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:15 am

DoctorZ wrote:
    Paximus wrote:
    DoctorZ wrote:

It really is sensationalism. At first the show was alright, but it went downhill. In the last few episodes I watched it was always about a "demonic presence" and there was always a family member who had been into Satanism. At first I kind of laughed at it, but it got to a point where they were just spreading bad information. Maybe they hired Rimer as a consultant.

LOL yea Rimer thats our boy, everything is Satanism to these people,
    there is some sort of underlying Christian agenda with them I guess but
    also, simply put, that Satanism stuff sells. Look back at the 80s when
    all that Satantic Panic stuff was going down with child psychologists
    planting ideas in kids heads convincing them that they daycare they went
    to and its employees were all Satanists and performing black masses
    with the kids in underground tunnels under the schools. This sort of
    shit of course does nothing but distract and divert everyones attention
    from actual child abuse that may have taken place and I am sure that was
    the purpose and intent at the time.

Look in to a guy named Ted Gunderson, I know him well, a real headcase
    he is and I think he is a hired gun to go in to sitiuations where actual
    child abuse is taking place and introduice Satanism and black mass
    ritual in to the story line to get everyone in to the sort of frenzy
    that makes them forget about the fact that children were actually
    molested and instead focused on illuminati devil worshiping cults. IU
    have seen it happen too many times to consider that it is just a
    coincidence that every case he gets involved in ends up this way without
    nobody ever actually getting convicted of anything, especially the
    actual child abuse that did take place because everyone is focused on
    trying to expose some nationwide child sex and satanism ring instead of
    focusing on the real perps who were just touching kids because they are
    sickos.

I like INTERVENTION and some of those shows much better now and pretty much skip over all those cheesy paranormal shows now, the first season of the first few were good as you say but then they ran out of actual interesting material and started to wing it and just make up shit as they go.
    Metzgermeister
    Metzgermeister

Post by Metzgermeister Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

lmao I watched that episode, the jail right? The workers must have built the symbol it's very eerie thinking about it
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:32 am

Hmm, we need a Rimer topic somewhere...
    DoctorZ

Post by DoctorZ Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Paximus wrote:

I like INTERVENTION and some of those shows much better now and pretty much skip over all those cheesy paranormal shows now, the first season of the first few were good as you say but then they ran out of actual interesting material and started to wing it and just make up shit as they go.

Have you ever seen Hoarders? I think it's on after Intervention. All I have to do is say to my girlfriend that she has too much stuff while watching that show and she will go into a cleaning frenzy for the rest of the night.
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:08 pm

LOL Doc that is funny. I don't have TV but I should download that show, drink a ton of coffee and then get up the gusto to start throwing crap away!!! I don't have a lot of stuff, but I have alot of papers (as in financial, receipts, school papers etc.) that I've saved that I don't need and I just haven't had time to sort them. They will probably all end up in the shredder Smile
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:53 am

I'm really surprised I haven't posted here yet. What am I thinking? All-Time Favorite Television Shows - Page 2 Icon_smile
    Dexter
    Cold Case Files
    Forensic Files
    Family Guy
    South Park
    Dr. G medical examiner
    That 70's Show
    Futurama
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Unsolved Mysteries ...(not even sure that still airs...I haven't seen it in a while)
    Two and a Half Men
    I'm sure there are more, when I think of them I'll post them. All-Time Favorite Television Shows - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Joss Whedon's Firefly. A fantastic show which was cancelled way to early and right in the middle of an engaging, ongoing plot. It's a Space Western:
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:22 pm

DoctorZ wrote:
    Paximus wrote:

Have you ever seen Hoarders? I think it's on after Intervention. All I have to do is say to my girlfriend that she has too much stuff while watching that show and she will go into a cleaning frenzy for the rest of the night.

LOL funny, yes I watch Hoarders after Intervention, both very interesting shows, those hoarders are a very special type of psychological breed arent they? I cant believe some of the shit I see on that show...just wow.
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Paximus wrote:
    DoctorZ wrote:
    Paximus wrote:

LOL funny, yes I watch Hoarders after Intervention, both very interesting shows, those hoarders are a very special type of psychological breed arent they? I cant believe some of the shit I see on that show...just wow.
    Oh yeah, I love intervention too!
    haha!
    PS I'm not sure if anyone noticed but now you can add attachments to posts. I just have to fix the size, but soon it will be working so no more links....yay!
    DoctorZ

Post by DoctorZ Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Some of the hoarders are scary. Did anyone see the lady who had missing cats found in her stuff?
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:38 pm

At long last I just watched Season 1 Disc 1 of Arrested Development. Hilarious! What a fantastic dysfunctional family comedy. So many great little quirks like how some of the scenes "fade to white."
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:06 pm

OMG Eric that's my favorite show. I watch it over and over because there are so many subtle jokes - things going on in the background - it's very clever and so damn funny.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:39 pm