Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+9
Splendor Solis
dangrsmind
AndresEscobar
tapu
wadahoot
claudicici
Percy
Hank
Heroine
13 posters

Our new forum....

Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Our new forum.... Empty Our new forum....

Post by Heroine Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:49 am

...just testing it to see if all is working properly.
    Hank
    Hank

Our new forum.... Empty Re: Our new forum....

Post by Hank Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:00 am

Second!!!! sorry had to do that.
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:01 am

Hank wrote:Second!!!! sorry had to do that.
    Yay! It's nothing fancy, but we're here!
    Smile
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:04 am

yeap I am in this will work for now until we get something else going THANK YOU HEROINE.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:05 am

Get rid of that ADMIN NAME I want to see H E R O I N E on my screen =)
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:18 am

Paximus wrote:Get rid of that ADMIN NAME I want to see H E R O I N E on my screen =)
    Okay now Heroine is on your screen. Smile
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:35 am

hey I figured it out finally..
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:36 am

claudicici wrote:hey I figured it out finally..
    Yay! I'm so glad you're here! I'm still messing around with it and trying to give it a better look. Smile
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:50 am

hey,thank you Mary,I like this....I feel like I've been kicked out of my house or something...lol,I'm so used to being at work and having both screens open all night long,well,I hope this works out ! I'll go wherever y'all go!
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:10 am

claudicici wrote:hey,thank you Mary,I like this....I feel like I've been kicked out of my house or something...lol,I'm so used to being at work and having both screens open all night long,well,I hope this works out ! I'll go wherever y'all go!
    You're very welcome! Now where is everybody?
    Smile
    wadahoot
    wadahoot

Post by wadahoot Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:15 am

:::sing-songy voice::: I'm here! I'm here! I'm really, really here!!
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:16 am

hi wada ,good to see you ! Very Happy
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:20 am

wadahoot wrote::::sing-songy voice::: I'm here! I'm here! I'm really, really here!!
    Yay!!! wadahoots here too! Smile
    We're in the chat room if you guys want to join us.
    http://xat.com/web_gear/chat/direct.php?d=FarmvilleMurders&t=1266233503

Last edited by Heroine on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:25 am

YA WADDA MADE IT!
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:45 am

Hi guys.

Wow.

I have one major statement to make about it all, and then if there are questions or other things come up for people, we'll take it from there, ok?

No one, on here or on the Couch, did anything wrong. Nothing. The situation was exactly as Pax described after his phone conversation with Amante: The guy whose family has been so traumatized by some WSers, over the Anthony case, had a breakdown over the idea of a group of us originally from there coming in to what has been a safe haven on the internet for many of us for so many years.

His reaction can be called extreme, but we haven't walked in his shoes. Let me add, too, that these people (the family who was close to Caylee, AND the ottoman and amante) all live right down there by the Anthonys. I know I can't imagine what it has been like.

The other thing I want to note especially is that the statement that the ottoman wrote initially, where he said it was our group, being from websleuths, that caused all the trouble, was written in a world of hurt and anger over the situation, and was, even in my opinion, unwarranted. However, he wrote it while thinking that the Dr (let's call the Anthony guy that) was saying that these specific posters were some of the ones who physically chased down his family, and attacked them verbally in public. I am sorry that the ottoman made our group feel so bad but fuck, that's just one part of it.

The couch is down, as I'm sure you all know. That is hard to take for some of us, but I reiterate: It was no one's fault. Just a confluence of events. I'm glad we're regrouping here now.

love, tapu

p.s. Until that came down, all my couchers were enjoying all my new friends, and they were really, really sad about it last night. I think you saw that it is a special place with a lot of great people, and we might want to keep it in mind as a model for what a humane, developed, intellectual and social forum can be. Plus, the living room decor was really nice, didn't you think?
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:08 am

regrets of posts past....
    hey tapu it's good to see you....I feel bad because I was majorly into the whole Casey thing,I was fascinated by the whole cindy/casey dynamic and the psychology behind how sadly every day mother's kill their children but this one blew up so big ...I even made a casey painting....not until I dragged Sarah to our thread ( and dangrs believe me that was Sarah) did I really ever think about the people around a crime and all the other life's affected by people merely talking about it...anyways I feel bad about that...the red leather couch is a great place...who wouldn't enjoy red leather?
    ....also taps I wanted to say I really like woe and I don't think at all she had anythng to do with our "downfall"....I love you now but when I first started posting as someone without a degree and making under 30k I felt like you were being snobbish lots of times,now that I know you better I appreciate your "snobbiness" I love you
    other than that I just wanted to say once again how much i enjoy talking to you guys,I love pax's passion and hot headedness and dangrs is like a magician and can pull amazing stuff out of nowhere,blou's posts can blow me away....
    I appreciate all you guys and I hope we'll all continue talking xoxo
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:55 am

God, I'm depressed. Sad

I can't remember a time when I didn't start my day with coffee and checking in at the couch. I could go in there with my robe on. Put my feet up. See what was happening. At least Bander would be there, pouring coffee at that time of day. I had friends on there from all over the US and Canada. Hell, I had friends on there from Prague.

I am... verklempt....

oh, wow, disclaimer though: I stand by the feeling that it was not anyone's fault. I'm just... lonely.

I'm getting snowed in so I look forward to you guys coming back in here. --tap
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:59 am

Oh Hai, again.
    claudicici
    claudicici

Post by claudicici Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:01 am

oh tapu I know how you feel,I hope he will open it back up soon,you know we won't interfere.....let us know if there's anything we can do to get you back on your couch Sad
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:07 am

Well, if it does open up again, I doubt I'll be on it. I'm sure that the Dr would want to "vote me off" the couch. When the Anthony thing went viral for them, he was mad that I was even on WS at all. Anyway, nothing lasts forever. You have to take a picture of everything because it's already gone.

I'll be fine. I am disappointed, too, though, because except for that one overlapping glitch, this would have been a cool thing. I know both groups would have been enriched by the liaison. Oh well.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:10 am

Sorry Tapu. Personally I've never written word one about Casey Anthony so I was somewhat surprised at the reaction.
    AndresEscobar
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:14 am

dangrsmind wrote:Sorry Tapu. Personally I've never written word one about Casey Anthony so I was somewhat surprised at the reaction.

Yeah, I think the only thing I've written about Casey Anthony was disgust at how people on WS reacted to it.

ETA: Sorry tapu, for all of that. People are funny on the internet, i guess. I've only been involved in baseball and beer forums on the interwebz before. In those, when people get pissed at eachother, they just tend to be really sarcastic 🐘 . You can only get banned for some sort of gross misconduct or trolling.

Last edited by AndresEscobar on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:14 am

dangrsmind wrote:Sorry Tapu. Personally I've never written word one about Casey Anthony so I was somewhat surprised at the reaction.

Huh. Well... I find it less difficult to feel sympathy in the situation. I'm not sure how your not having personally written a word about it plays into the bigger picture.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:24 am

tapu wrote:

Huh. Well... I find it less difficult to feel sympathy in the situation. I'm not sure how your not having personally written a word about it plays into the bigger picture.

Well, if anything can be done to help you get your couch back let me know. None of us meant to do anything wrong there...
    tapu
    tapu

Post by tapu Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:33 am

I know no one did anything or even meant to do anything. I would like it if we could try to imagine how the Dr, Otto, Amante, and all the couchers feel right now, too. They're not blaming anyone here (well, now that Otto has settled down upon finding out that none of us were involved in actually showing up at the Dr's family's house--we weren't, right? Claudia says she was deeply involved on the thread, but I know Claudia would never do anything like that.). They--we--are just very upset that the whole thing happened, for everyone's sake. They were enjoying the big party, of course. It was great. Now we're upset that the Dr and his wife are so distressed. (Briefly, let me explain that they are Casey's brother's in-laws. And Caylee was at their house a lot. And websleuthers camped in their yard and stood at their windows. Seriously.) So, that is that. I'm hoping Otto and Amante and the Dr repair things. I don't think the couch will be back, but even if it isn't, I know all those people on "the outside," too. This was really a long-term group and we've mostly met everyone in it.

Okay, now let's get back to how sad the tapu is, and then we can follow that with setting up our crime discussion!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:04 pm