Outcasts

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Outcasts

Outcasts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

+14
ericclimbs
Percy
FARMVILLIAN
wadahoot
Heroine
blouAngel
ziggy
DoctorZ
dangrsmind
ROCKDAWG
AndresEscobar
piXy
tapu
Peace
18 posters

Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging

ziggy
    ziggy

Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging - Page 2 Empty Re: Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging

Post by ziggy Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi Blou: I'm going to copy and past this in the thread on 505 First Ave. if that's OK. It would be great if you could sketch out what you're thinking. It helps to have an idea how the home was laid out for some reason in recreating the events in one's mind.
    Peace
    Peace

Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging - Page 2 Empty Re: Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging

Post by Peace Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:51 pm

Blou, To the right was a formal dining room for the previous owner. The stairs to the basement is in the kitchen. No other entry to the basement.
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:10 pm

If I had extra money I'd just buy the house. It is a nice house and it should be pretty cheap...I don't know would make me crazy, to buy that house? I probably wouldn't sleep well there though... Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging - Page 2 Affraid
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:11 pm

Peace wrote:Blou, To the right was a formal dining room for the previous owner. The stairs to the basement is in the kitchen. No other entry to the basement.

Basement entry is usually in the kitchen for some reason. What I meant by saying that is may be between the breakfast nook and kitchen is that since a staircase is usually the central core of a house like that that I would expect the pantry to be a part of that core area and act as a divider to some extent. Boxy spaces like closets and pantries, are usually situated take advantage of odd left over spaces and often make sound buffer. Plumbing and air duct chases are similar and they are all often grouped in a cluster in the middle near the staircase. SInce the chimney is on the end rather than the center of the house ducts and closet aren't next to it. If they are in the core, then they would expand its area to act as more of a divider. As I think about it more though, I'm pretty sure I know where those ducts would be. More later on that when I can make a sketch.

Questions for Peace:
    Is the staircase straight in the front door? That puts it pretty much exactly in the middle of the front part of the house, which is what I suspect.
    Where is the kitchen and where is the breakfast nook if you recall?
    Do you know if I'm right in thinking that the house was renovated? I used to live in a little house just like the main front part of the right side. I know that plan well. It looks like the rear was added on to, which would be almost exactly like closing in the rear porch we had in my house and adding a second story to it.

I'll put sketches up up later, but not until the sun sets at least. Too much to do outside and I'm just checking i a bit at a time as I slack off for a few minutes.
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:13 pm

Heroine wrote:If I had extra money I'd just buy the house. It is a nice house and it should be pretty cheap...I don't know would make me crazy, to buy that house? I probably wouldn't sleep well there though... Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging - Page 2 Affraid

I'm sure you could call the police every so often to have them check the basement if that would make you feel any better.
    dangrsmind
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:31 pm

blouAngel wrote:
    Heroine wrote:If I had extra money I'd just buy the house. It is a nice house and it should be pretty cheap...I don't know would make me crazy, to buy that house? I probably wouldn't sleep well there though... Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging - Page 2 Affraid

I'm sure you could call the police every so often to have them check the basement if that would make you feel any better.

floor laugh
    wadahoot
    wadahoot

Post by wadahoot Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:24 am

I haven't felt so terribly sad about this whole story and Mark since the first day I found out about it on a high school alumni website.
    Like others, this just feels too personal, and an intrusion on this family's very life.
    FARMVILLIAN
    FARMVILLIAN

Post by FARMVILLIAN Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:58 pm

You guys kidding. I know at least two people that buy homes and fix for resale or rent. They are licking there chops about getting this home for cheap...
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:27 pm

FARMVILLIAN wrote:You guys kidding. I know at least two people that buy homes and fix for resale or rent. They are licking there chops about getting this home for cheap...

Gonna be a bitch to resell to a local but since its a University town with lots of newcomers probably be an easy sell to someone relocating who wont know its history until after they move in and everyone in the town tells them.
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:35 pm

I used to live in Dinwiddie County not far away from Farmville. There were several houses there that I was told have Cilvil War blood stains on their floors. Cannon ball holes through the attic and sword cuts on the stair rails are other things I've been told about in old Virginian houses. Some have related stories of ghosts, but the houses where I've lived where I've been warned of ghosts have never had anything paranormal happen. My skepticism may have something to do with that, but in some ghost stories, that seems tom make ghosts seek people out to torment.

My current house is haunted, or so my neighbor once insisted. He told me about encountering Indian ghosts that somehow came from under my concrete back porch, and then told me that he and his friend who encountered the ghosts had taken LSD and were drinking Tequila at the time. The Indian ghosts have chosen to leave me alone. I don't know why.

Someone is going to get a good deal and live perfectly happily in that house, and I say more power to them.
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:39 pm

Sketches will come eventually by the way. I haven't forgotten and it shouldn't be too long, but I just have too many things on my plate right now.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:01 pm

blouAngel wrote:I used to live in Dinwiddie County not far away from Farmville. There were several houses there that I was told have Cilvil War blood stains on their floors. Cannon ball holes through the attic and sword cuts on the stair rails are other things I've been told about in old Virginian houses. Some have related stories of ghosts, but the houses where I've lived where I've been warned of ghosts have never had anything paranormal happen. My skepticism may have something to do with that, but in some ghost stories, that seems tom make ghosts seek people out to torment.

My current house is haunted, or so my neighbor once insisted. He told me about encountering Indian ghosts that somehow came from under my concrete back porch, and then told me that he and his friend who encountered the ghosts had taken LSD and were drinking Tequila at the time. The Indian ghosts have chosen to leave me alone. I don't know why.

Someone is going to get a good deal and live perfectly happily in that house, and I say more power to them.

Do we know the actual market price of the house and whats it expected to sell for do you think, at auction?
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:23 am

I tried to find tax records a few months ago, but Farmville doesn't seem to have them online yet. I looked at some real estate listings looking for that house, and saw that real estate is surprisingly high priced there. There are loads of houses priced from $300,000 to nearly $1million in the surrounding county. Those aren't huge farms or anything, just a wide range of old to new houses with relatively small amounts of acreage. By Cali standards, that isn't high, but for a small town that really kind of not well situated for what a lot of outsiders might find to be attractive, those are surprisingly high prices particularly considering the number of houses at those prices. Houses in town seem to be lower priced. The listings I saw seemed to be $150,000 to $250,000 for what look from a distance, ie. not knowing location details, to be nice houses. I'd guess roughly $250,000+- with no history of mayhem, no telling what the actual price will be. It isn't a great time to be selling no matter what.
    ericclimbs
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:44 am

blouAngel wrote:

Good idea! Ask for the tall skinny cop. Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging - Page 2 8
    wadahoot
    wadahoot

Post by wadahoot Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:55 am

Do we know for sure that the house is modern-built? I was surprised to not find the date on the auction flier!
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:58 am

blouAngel wrote:I tried to find tax records a few months ago, but Farmville doesn't seem to have them online yet. I looked at some real estate listings looking for that house, and saw that real estate is surprisingly high priced there. There are loads of houses priced from $300,000 to nearly $1million in the surrounding county. Those aren't huge farms or anything, just a wide range of old to new houses with relatively small amounts of acreage. By Cali standards, that isn't high, but for a small town that really kind of not well situated for what a lot of outsiders might find to be attractive, those are surprisingly high prices particularly considering the number of houses at those prices. Houses in town seem to be lower priced. The listings I saw seemed to be $150,000 to $250,000 for what look from a distance, ie. not knowing location details, to be nice houses. I'd guess roughly $250,000+- with no history of mayhem, no telling what the actual price will be. It isn't a great time to be selling no matter what.

Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging - Page 2 622579
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:04 am

ericclimbs wrote:
    blouAngel wrote:

Good idea! Ask for the tall skinny cop. Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging - Page 2 8
    BUT what if I want another cop to come over instead?! Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging - Page 2 130642 Maybe I'll just say send over your best looking officer please! Would that work?

Last edited by Heroine on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:07 am

So you think the house will sell for cheap?
    ziggy
    ziggy

Post by ziggy Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:52 am

My question is: how does this work? When I think auction I think livestock market or art show. Do people show up and look at it and all the stuff on that day? If so, are any of our locals planning on going? I mean seriously, I would go.
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:02 am

I have seriously considered going if I don't have anything else to do that day.
    wadahoot
    wadahoot

Post by wadahoot Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:29 am

ziggy wrote:My question is: how does this work? When I think auction I think livestock market or art show. Do people show up and look at it and all the stuff on that day? If so, are any of our locals planning on going? I mean seriously, I would go.
    Around here, if a property is up for sale, there is a date(s) set when prospective buyers can go look at it.
    We need someone to go and make a floor plan of the inside! Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging - Page 2 733262
    blouAngel
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:18 am

ziggy wrote:My question is: how does this work? When I think auction I think livestock market or art show. Do people show up and look at it and all the stuff on that day? If so, are any of our locals planning on going? I mean seriously, I would go.

Estates often get sold at auction with household goods and real estate selling the same day. There are different ways it works, but often a sale starts at maybe 10a.m. and they stop that to sell the real estate at noon and then finish the rest if there is any. That sale just starts with the house and then moves on.

At estate auctions, you usually show up, register to get a number, and bid if you want. Real estate may require preregistering with some proof of your ability to finance it before you are allowed to bid. I haven't ever done that, but wouldn't be surprised if that's the way it's done. Really good estates auctions sometimes have previews the day before. Often it's just that morning. That auction flyer says to contact the auctioneer to arrange a viewing of the house.
    Percy
    Percy

Post by Percy Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging - Page 2 622579
    ziggy
    ziggy

Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging - Page 2 Empty Who is going????

Post by ziggy Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Bumping this up - the auction is this Sat. Anyone going???? Please swing by if you can.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Heroine
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:16 pm

ziggy wrote:Bumping this up - the auction is this Sat. Anyone going???? Please swing by if you can.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    I really am thinking about it. I don't think I have any plans so I might just go. Auction of the Neiderbrock Home and Belonging - Page 2 418352

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:19 pm